Not high enough damage combination?(SJ/SR)

Palehood

I have a SJ/SR  Stalker but now I'm kinda regretting it since I read other threads which said pairing with Willpower(secondary) would give out greater damage. But those were comments for other Archetypes. So I'm still not sure. Is SJ/SR a bad pairing if I had wanted to give out more damage?

Not sure how wp benefits an At dmg wise, bio or shield yes but wp? If you are prepared to scroll back through other posts you'll find stj/sr builds but if damage is your sole concern then there are more offensive secondaries than sr. Energy was the best secondary mostly for the extra recharge and minimal slotting it requires but stone may have jumped into the top 3 or 4. Bio and Shield give offensive adaptation/against all odds which will bump your damage. 

The facts are Willpower literally offers nothing in terms of adding damage and StJ is best on a Stalker. so I'm not sure how someone says it would give out greater damage on other ATs.  SR at least gives you +recharge for added damage. SR I think would be a better set as a Stalker as well. My lean is SR benefits more from hitting 50, so I see no reason to switch.

As mentioned, if you want the most damage, SR isn't it, but it is better than WP and SR is better on a Stalker anyway. 

The problem with doing the most damage is those armors tend to be squishier and more so on a Stalker. 

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Willpower is a decent layered generalist set that really shines for Regen because of RTTC on Tanks, Brutes, and Scrappers in that order due to max HP for each AT. Willpower on a stalker is pretty much the forget you have a secondary aside of reconstruction. You lose out on RTTC and Quick Recovery as a stalker.

It does nothing to boost DPS at all, but hey it has a self res.

Super Reflexes allows you to get  huge defense/DDR levels, double stacked mez protection and an extra 20% recharge speed to make your attacks come back faster, along with scaling resistance based on your HP.

On a stalker, SR is like A tier whereas Willpower is like C tier.

If you want to maximize your damage via a secondary you go for Bio or Shield Defense.

Just exactly how much offense do you want !?! 

StJ without a secondary can push over 500 dps easily.   I tend to run extremely heavily armored builds (that are tougher than many tanks), and they run in the 350 to 450 dps range, but that's because I devoted almost all my resources to durability instead of damage.    But even this lower dps is enough to effectively solo just about anything that IS soloable.    I also often have a second build that is damage oriented, but tend to prefer the armored builds.

If it's an StJ stalker, run any armor you want.  If you want absolute maximum dps, I'd probably say /Bio.

StJ/Bio (all around)

EnM/Bio (ST dps)

ElM/SD/Snipe (AoE dps)

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

SR is easy to softcap def and +recharge comes naturally from standard IO slotting (Red Fortune and LotG). This leaves a lot of room to chase +damage bonuses. My StJ/SR Stalker has a passive +58% damage (Including Assault and Assault Hybrid). I think my pylon kill times are some of the best among Stalkers. 85-95 seconds. Keep at it, ST damage wise, it won't get much better.

• Like 1