Bane Spiders Forced to Wear Crab Backpack?

cohRock

My VEAT went the Bane Spider route.  When this level 30 guy visits the tailor shop, the facemaker insists he wear a Crab Backpack, even though he has only Bane powers.  Well, not exactly true -- he also has two Arachnos Soldier powers, and almost all the Training and Gadgets powers, but both seem to be subsets of the general "Bane" classification.  Why would a Bane Spider need the Crab Backpack?

I actually like his costume.  My goal is to get rid of the constant redraws between his rifle and mace powers.  Since he is mainly a ranged character, I needed to augment the mace powers.

(Originally posted to a Wolf Spider thread, which are Crabs by definition.)

Edited by cohRock
added 2nd paragraph
  • Haha 2

-- Rock

At the tailor, there should be an option for No Crab Back Pack, especially if you went either Bane or Huntsman or hybrid Gun-Bane. If it's still there, it won't show when you exit the tailor. The only time it shows is if you took any powers from the Crab Tree. If you have a build that that did, then your other two builds will have Crab legs.

As for redraw, Spider's don't have the no-redraw option yet. One way around it is to use your AR powers consecutively and then your Mace powers and not alternate between them. Personally, I think ranged Mace is kinda meh. Melee Mace on the other hand hits like a freight train... from orbit... fired from a rail gun. So it would be better to take the Wolf Web Nade and Toxic Nade (fired from the gun) vs the mace... which leaves just the mace blast and beam volley, which aren't that great.

Edited by Six-Six

3 hours ago, cohRock said:

I actually like his costume.  My goal is to get rid of the constant redraws between his rifle and mace powers.  Since he is mainly a ranged character, I needed to augment the mace powers.

As the one of the resident Bane mace nuts around here. I would not waste your time on any ranged Mace powers except maybe Poisonous Ray.

As Six-Six said, Mace melee attack hit like trucks. The ranged attacks are expensive, slow, and lite damage. Except for Poisonous Ray because it's pure toxic damage, which is boosted by Venom Grenade's -40% toxic resist. Still not great, but I use it for a low level ranged attack. It's also procs decently.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later

Going to chime in here: Pure Bane build, never spec'd as a Crab or taken any Crab powers, but editing my Arachnos costume is forcing a Crab backpack without any way to remove it, and charging for the change as well.

I'll repeat for good measure: Only ever been a Bane. No Crab powers or spec. Only affects the Arachnos costume.

image.png

• Like 1