Haven’t played anything but Brutes and Scrappers for years, what can I do that’s totally different in terms of gameplay?

leeowensoas

20 hours ago, leeowensoas said:

Title pretty much covers it. I fell in love with my melee toons and haven’t switched play styles in a decade. What’s something totally different that still can solo effectively (AVs, groups up to *8, maybe +2)?

I solo’d a lot if the game in a Dark/Dark Blaster.  Every Blaster will play different.  Dark has great to hit debuffs and if you like cones and take Soul powerset you get total 4 cones.   Ut it is not a fast killing set.  Just safer.  A Perma dom might be able to handle +2, or x8.  Maybe if you get good with it even both?   But you going to be working hard lol

What's the difference between a softcapped billion inf scrapper vs softcapped billion inf anything else? Not much.

If you truly want something different then play a blaster, and not the pure ranged type, SOs only. That's about as different as you are going to get in terms of how you approach the game. When everything can kill you with a look, you get to learn a lot more about how your powers work and about the game. Soloing AVs and +4/8 mobs will pale in comparison to the learning curve someone who's used to IO set bonuses and softcap/jhardcap xyz easy mode has to adopt to do this. And if you are successful it will be far more rewarding.

I also meant doing so from 1-50 without powerleveling, without double xp. Do various story arcs and not radios/papers so you experience more content and understand mob factions instead of cherry picking lol council from 1-50.

Edited by Nemu
  • Thumbs Up 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

12 minutes ago, Nemu said:

What's the difference between a softcapped billion inf scrapper vs softcapped billion inf anything else? Not much.

If you truly want something different then play a blaster, and not the pure ranged type, SOs only. That's about as different as you are going to get in terms of how you approach the game. When everything can kill you with a look, you get to learn a lot more about how your powers work and about the game. Soloing AVs and +4/8 mobs will pale in comparison to the learning curve someone who's used to IO set bonuses and softcap/jhardcap xyz easy mode has to adopt to do this. And if you are successful it will be far more rewarding.

Or at least do what I do and use IO’s but more for procs and offense and less for defense 🙂

I won’t touch SO’s with a 10 foot pole, but my “squishy” AT’s prefer to run at 15-25% defenses than 45%, which is certainly going to make things at least a little bit trickier than playing a Scrapper. If you feel the need to go godmode for a little bit you’re still just a couple purple inspirations away anyway.

Thunderstrikes and Artilleries and whatnot are laaaame.

Edited by arcane
  • Haha 1