Tanker AoE/Cone sizes

Ph1ushot

Fairly recently discovered Homecoming.  Read about the increases to Tanker AoE and Cones.  Should that show in the numbers on the various skills?  Because as I compare between the Brute and Tanker sets I find very few instances where the numbers are actually different?  Is the base number the same (for the most part) and then gets increased by 50% behind the scenes or something?  Like I read someone comment about how much bigger Shadow Maul is for Tankers, but the numbers in the detailed skill info are the same between Tanker and Brute (7 range, 120 degrees)

5 minutes ago, Ph1ushot said:

Like I read someone comment about how much bigger Shadow Maul is for Tankers, but the numbers in the detailed skill info are the same between Tanker and Brute (7 range, 120 degrees)

Yea. It's an in-game buff that comes from gauntlet.

+50% Radius, Arc Strength (self only) for 10s

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=inherent.inherent.gauntlet&at=tanker

And if you look at tank shadow maul, max targets says See Expression Above and points to Max Targets: 10 - 5*Source.Mode?(kDisable_GauntletTargetCap) but some attacks were blocked from the buffs because they were already too good/good enough.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

1 hour ago, Ph1ushot said:

Gotcha.  So in Titan Weapons when a power says it's "unaffected by Arc changes" does that mean this doesn't apply to that set?

It means that specific power doesn't get the buff. There may be other powers in the set that do. Also, keep in mind that it's not JUST the Arc and Radius that may change but also the Maximum number of Targets.

Yes, it's a global buff Tankers get, so it doesn't show in the power description.  AoEs, TAoEs, and PBAoEs get their radii increased by 50%.  Cones are widened by 50% (but do not get longer... that's not considered a "radius" by the game).

Best place to look for exceptions is City of Data.  You can see if the global "strength" to arc and/or radius is disallowed for a power like this:

image.png.07fef01c75411d7b3de82a2fe7022d30.png

Foot Stomp, being already a 15ft radius PBAoE, unlike most other 8ft or 10ft PBAoEs for Tankers, was excluded from the buff.  Meanwhile, Frozen Aura in Ice Melee, a 10ft PBAoE, becomes 15ft radius just like Foot Stomp, when used by a Tanker.  

It's quite nice.

4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding is that Tanker attacks also usually have higher target caps and that INCLUDES attacks that are exempted from arc/radius changes.

Not that I ever recall but of course we can't even use CoD to find that out now. As far as I can remember, aoe size and target caps were identical between brutes and tanks until the recent tank buffs.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, Wavicle said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding is that Tanker attacks also usually have higher target caps and that INCLUDES attacks that are exempted from arc/radius changes.

You're not wrong.  It's partially obscured in the screenshot I posted above but Foot Stomp, for example, is 16 targets on a Tanker and 10 targets for everyone else.  That little expression says "16 - 6*Source.Mode?(kDisable_GauntletTargetCap)".   I don't recall what would disable the Gauntlet target cap for Tankers but in my experience with Staff Fighting at least, the target caps are 16 for sphere AoEs and 10 for cones whereas they are 10 and 5 respectively for other melee ATs.

The target caps are specific to Tanker powers, I think.  Cross Punch in the Fighting pool, for example, has a 5 target cap for everybody, including Tankers.  If it's not coded directly into the power, it doesn't get the higher target cap on tankers.  That's different from the Radius/Arc strength boosts since those are essentially like a global enhancement.  Any AoE should benefit if it's cast by a Tanker and doesn't specifically disallow Radius/Arc strength.  I'm not sure if it applies to pseudo-pet based AoEs like Shield Charge or Lightning Rod though but I think it would.  Other global strength boosts like +dmg apply to pseudo-pets.  But I know it boosts AoE sizes in pool and epic powers in general.