Tired of getting Pushed?

Solarverse

Yeah, me too. If I am at a contact or trainer with the window open, if another player gets too close to me, I get bounced around like a Pinball and shoved so far away from my contact, it closes the window. NPC's rudely walking in to me and pushing me around all over the place. Mobs...trying to stay planted as a Tank can be difficult when the collision mechanics of the NPCs, can and do push me out from the center of the mob and off to the side. Playing as a Stalker? I have literally had my Assassin's Strike interrupted, not because I was hit, but because I was pushed by the collision mechanics so far that it counted as an interrupt.

It was not always this way. This was something that was changed around i6 if memory serves. The change came because the Devs did not like the idea that AoE's could hit far more enemies than they were comfortable with because it aided in Fire Tanks herding mobs and burning them all down. This below is a poor example, but it's the best example I can find of what the mechanics were prior to i6.

However, this change is no longer needed and causes that annoying pushing that collision creates.

My suggestion, tweak the collision mechanics just to the point where the pushing and shoving no longer takes place. It doesn't need to be as small as it used to be, but at least small enough to where the shoving no longer happens.

• Thumbs Up 5

Would you have things phase through you? I'm not sure how this works. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Would you have things phase through you? I'm not sure how this works. 

They never phased through you. but the mechanics of the old collision model was a bit tighter. It was tight enough that you could blend slightly instead of not even touching but being pushed anyway.

@krj12 NPCs (the ones that are noninteractive citizens) did always push you, but now since your collision is set to a much larger frame, they push you more often and easily. They don't have to be so close to you anymore to push you. In the old days, you literally had to be directly in their path. Now, all you have to do is be within the aura distance and get moved.

39 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

I could see changing it becoming a harassment thing though.  4 people surround a trainer and suddenly nobody else can use it.

I don't ever recall that being an issue before it was changed. Other than that, can't really say one way or another if that would be an issue.