Regen- attune vs boosters

fancy ketchup

I have a regen/wm brute around lvl 30 that i have been messing with and plan  to soft cap def, and focus on recharge/ slow resistance. I generally kit out with boosters at end game. However i do exemp down about a fourth of the time im playing.. (i like to run door mishes and exemp when i cant find a high lvl team) doesnt bother me too much losing bonuses normally but im curious is a regen unplayable when i respec and exemp after relying so so much on set bonuses?..

How do others do it with regen and what do you suggest? I do like squeezing out every last bit of an enhancement possible but dont want to cut my own throat a quarter of my playing time.

There is not much gain in boosting because ED and the clamping down on stats when exemplaring kills most of the boost. Attune is where it's mostly at. It's not a one answer fits all though because some things are worth being boosted.

I generally only bother boosting where there is no loss in doing so (Purples, PVP sets, regular IOs, singleton set IOs).

Sometimes I might boost an IO or two in a set where the extra enhancement helps me get over a certain goal in post 50 content (say that last .4 defense before softcap), but only if the set bonus lost when exemping is relatively inconsequential. I'll often do this with the 1.5 S/L bonus provided by 2 slot red fortune. The extra defense can be nice, and I won't be sweating the small S/L resist loss when exemping, but will have it when I need it in tougher content. 2 slot lotg is another common example - boost the +def IO and only lose 10% regen when exemping.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I generally only bother boosting where there is no loss in doing so (Purples, PVP sets, regular IOs, singleton set IOs).

Sometimes I might boost an IO or two in a set where the extra enhancement helps me get over a certain goal in post 50 content (say that last .4 defense before softcap), but only if the set bonus lost when exemping is relatively inconsequential. I'll often do this with the 1.5 S/L bonus provided by 2 slot red fortune. The extra defense can be nice, and I won't be sweating the small S/L resist loss when exemping, but will have it when I need it in tougher content. 2 slot lotg is another common example - boost the +def IO and only lose 10% regen when exemping.

This makes a lot of sense. Ill try focusing on my goals. since i bounce around a bit and I will be relying on the bonuses a lot I assume attuning with exceptions like you mention will be my best bet. I dont know why I wasnt thinking about it this way..Thanks! 

• Like 1