Retired enhancements

LKN-351

I know what background pogs they used, but I didn't get to join the game early enough to see what they looked like.

I have a feeling I may not find the answers I want here but I suppose I'm gunna ask anyways lol I'm betting they used the same sort of setup like the SO/DOs use now... but then there where TOs that now use the same images as the IOs. Sorry lol kind of a ramble on situation there, but I think it may get my thought across

What'd those retired enhancements look like? I know what Jump height and End drain looked like but I'm only guessing that Cone range used a taller version of the Range increase icon. Specifically I want to know about Buff damage, Debuff damage, and Radius. If there's any other info to add in, have at it.

If I recall

Cone Range used the wider arrow present on powers like Shout, Lancer Shot, and the DUST Ranger day job icon.

End Drain used the typical endurance icon but with a downward arrow underneath like Short Circuit and Discharge.  End Boost had the arrow above like Adrenaline Boost.

Intangibility used a graphic similar to Stealth or Phase Shift, but can't remember exactly what.

The original instruction manual had all the icons if I recall, but I can't find it anywhere, either my own or a pdf version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The End drain and Intangibility icons where present in the files but I didn't see any files alluding to an End boost. They must have taken out the pog and icon for that one then. So my educated guess on cone range was correct then lol

I forget that Intangibility was retired lol

I have the original instruction manual but it may have changed by the time COV released, I might see if I can find that tomorrow then. I didn't think about the manual, I may have came across a pdf version when I did a bit of digging last night.

I found an online PDF of the manual but the only ones it listed was the Cone enhancement.... but it was odd to see that End mod used the downward arrow at that time.

on a side note, I wonder why they quit using the little number frame on the bottom of enhancements? I remembered those from when I started playing but I just recently noticed they disappeared.

4 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

I know what background pogs they used, but I didn't get to join the game early enough to see what they looked like.

I know what background pogs they used, but I didn't get to join the game early enough to see

I know what background pogs they used, but I

I know what background pogs they used

pogchamp-emote-e1610044803581.jpg.1fc4555e41c2dc449a7e495e438e61f6.jpg

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby

You should still be able to purchase training origin from the auction house and supergroup base enhancement vendors.  Possibly from some normal vendors as well if you turn on show all enhancements for sale.

I still have my manual but i may have to dig a bit to find it again.  I put away my game boxes.

Edited by TheZag

3 hours ago, Redletter said:

pogchamp-emote-e1610044803581.jpg.1fc4555e41c2dc449a7e495e438e61f6.jpg

LOL WTF?

I'm gunna go out on a limb that the statement I made seems odd how I worded it.... I don't know if you know how the enhancement files are setup but it's origin ring L and R, background colour pog, and icon. I can clearly see in the game files which pogs go where but the icons aren't labelled precisely enough to know exactly where they're used. I see the background pog but I've no idea what icon goes on top of that.

Zag, is there an older manual than what I found online maybe?

Edited by LKN-351
forgot about the Zag lol

25 minutes ago, FinalCyclopedia said:

Pictures

I saw that picture, that was from a PDF of the manual that appears to be from after a certain point in the game but not the original release.  That manual also had mentions of the Council instead of the Column and had the Sturdy line of inspirations which were not originally in the game.  While that picture does have the Cone Range enhancement, it also has the combined Endurance Mod which was originally split into a Drain and Boost category.  Also no mention of jump height but I'm not sure I remember an enhancement specifically for height. 

According to the old Paragon Wiki, there was also at one point two separate Defense Buff categories, one for "Team Defense" and another for "Self Defense."  Would be interesting to find icons of those because I don't remember that at all.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I saw that picture, that was from a PDF of the manual that appears to be from after a certain point in the game but not the original release.  That manual also had mentions of the Council instead of the Column and had the Sturdy line of inspirations which were not originally in the game.  While that picture does have the Cone Range enhancement, it also has the combined Endurance Mod which was originally split into a Drain and Boost category.  Also no mention of jump height but I'm not sure I remember an enhancement specifically for height. 

According to the old Paragon Wiki, there was also at one point two separate Defense Buff categories, one for "Team Defense" and another for "Self Defense."  Would be interesting to find icons of those because I don't remember that at all.

The original booklet that came with the box game was good readin', I am glad someone else noticed these things!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Yeah the image that FinalCyclopedia posted was the same PDF manual I looked through last night.

The files for Jump height are still in the game, background and icon. The icon was used for Double Jump so you if you used Super Jump you see it fairly often.

These are the icons for Cone, Drain end, and Jump Height... in that order.

E_ICON_GEN_CONE_01.png.0b014a6b9d5fb00d393a9989b2c5b6f7.pngE_ICON_GEN_DRAIN_END_01.png.dc20faa5a1dfd663ca8ed90eb8e7b343.pngE_ICON_GEN_JUMP_HEIGHT_01.png.c36b3b7a721221ba60ebe6419df8534e.png

These are the pogs for Buff damage, Cone range, Debuff damage, Debuff damage resist, Debuff heal, and End drain.

E_POG_BUFF_DAMAGE.png.69563bf91b6fb15f5717674d8e4034c4.pngE_POG_CONE_RANGE.png.f6c74184717dea8ed0271642c4a1206a.pngE_POG_DEBUFF_DAMAGE.png.a681e8a24075c2332c3f7ceae3b8ed7d.pnge_pog_debuff_damage_resist.png.7f3dfbe2f2518d7b85df59a43edb440f.pnge_pog_debuff_heal.png.8f27f43cc31ad2e25019420e92a4677d.pngE_POG_END_DRAIN.png.46b9e1e4a90186bf1dcdb3c870dfa5c2.png

Now that I looked at the OG pogs, I guess since I hadn't been actively messing with those I'd never noticed Debuff heal and Debuff damage resist. Interesting.

Edited by LKN-351

Still have entries for Intangible, but they removed them and dindn't even do anything to the powers but for the one in gravity.  And I am sure there are less than a handful of intangible powers.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 3 weeks later

I was trying to figure out exactly what these retired enhancements looked like but I don't think I've crossed paths with anyone that knows for sure. I'm not a big fan of guessing, but I still wanted to do what I had intended.

Again, I'll say this is just educated guessing... just like the weathermen but probably more accurate 🤣🤣

These are the totally retired ones.

Buff Damage Buff Heal Cone Range Debuff Damage Debuff Damage Resistance
E_POG_BUFF_DAMAGE.png.0aac40e258df85fe3d24af75f5b75eaa.png E_POG_BUFF_HEAL.png.19fe360a614244407b735da0d9aa025a.png E_POG_CONE_RANGE.png.f3f289f72433ba69e3360e4f06b1a1cd.png E_POG_DEBUFF_DAMAGE.png.0c32b663ca7c8f00d115143090eed5ad.png E_POG_DEBUFF_DAMAGE_RESIST.png.05daba07f3d69c3c0d488ac29d8ee96d.png
Debuff Heal Endurance Drain Intangibility Duration Leap Height Radius
E_POG_DEBUFF_HEAL.png.3c65b5fd61ec5f394370c9f7c356eb09.png E_POG_END_DRAIN.png.7a6f81b1e65002794f1f2a6169c83b69.png E_POG_INTAGIBILITY_DURATION.png.52bb4b04d06edf0da5133c75e0153ce6.png E_POG_LEAP_HEIGHT.png.20a00faecf00e9102a7175210e5bdf4b.png E_POG_RADIUS.png.a3cf7a331b67117788d61756d0c8bc34.png

They're similar to some we still have, but the file name is separate. For example, there is a Heal, Buff Heal, and Debuff Heal. Heal is the one still used, but not the others. The downward arrow on Debuff heal is totally a guess, but it makes sense due to the fact that the Heal we still use has the up arrow. Even so, it's odd to me that the Heal we currently have still even has the arrow. It does buff but the file name isn't specifically called a buff. I wonder if when the Buff/Debuff was phased out they just used the graphics that where already created instead of making a new one... it wouldn't have been that hard, I've actually done it lol

I actually edited the arrows in all of these listed below as I would guess they may have been originally, I could be wrong though.

Heal Buff Heal Debuff Heal
E_POG_HEAL.png.03dbc0a224c9f2d2b59f0b2e05506b09.png E_POG_BUFF_HEAL.png.19fe360a614244407b735da0d9aa025a.png E_POG_DEBUFF_HEAL.png.3c65b5fd61ec5f394370c9f7c356eb09.png

There's a Damage, a Buff Damage, and a Debuff Damage but Damage is the one still used. The white "blast" icon is the only one I had access to, so if those Buff/Debuffs should have the half circle from the Defence pieces or the arrows used on the Heals it's a mystery to me.

Damage Buff Damage Debuff Damage
E_POG_DAMAGE.png.e8acd0ea8764f5d134085aaa4bc6b986.png E_POG_BUFF_DAMAGE.png.0aac40e258df85fe3d24af75f5b75eaa.png E_POG_DEBUFF_DAMAGE.png.0c32b663ca7c8f00d115143090eed5ad.png

Radius was a total guess, I doubt that ones correct though cause the graphics I used had the file name GEN_CONE but it was the only file I could think of to use.

Deduff Damage Resistance was another total guess, but it makes sense. Again, I've no idea if it should have an arrow or half circle. Oddly enough there are three seperate Resistance pog files (POG is the background color file) and only one icon for any Resistance.

Damage Resist

Buff Damage Resist

Debuff Damage Resist

E_POG_DAMAGE_RESIST.png.bb9d11a57904523111d932ac67674331.png E_POG_BUFF_DAMAGE_RESIST.png.3d0f3776c1198b0554297efbb5f5a87b.png E_POG_DEBUFF_DAMAGE_RESIST.png.36f09c48403cc71833d498912eb64824.png

Even more strange, I found that there are double file entry's for interrupt (POG_INTERRUPT and POG_INTERRUPT_TIMES) as well as Recharge (POG_RECHARGE and POG_RECHARGE_TIME) that the one that's not used now has a slightly different color from what we use and a slightly different opacity to the icon that overlays it. Couldn't really tell you what the difference is. If I had the OG files for those I would post them, but currently I only have them as modified files that tell me the files did exist but I don't have them. If I had a pigg explorer/extractor I might go dig, but I don't lol

To be honest, the only reason I posted any of this information is cause maybe someone else would find it as interesting as I do or maybe someone else has still more factual information to add or even possibly some speculation. Either way, here you go LOL

Edited by LKN-351