Et Tu, Brutus? The Brute Bible

Makobola

3 minutes ago, aethereal said:

For all like seven mobs that terrorize?

Given that two of them are in probably the most common enemy group redside, and another is all over DA...

Yeah, I honestly have a hard time playing anything but DA or WP these days because I'd say a set that can do something that can't be achieved with build tweaking is much valuable than a set where I can't compensate for its weaknesses via other means.

To be fair, I don't see DA as being such a huge need to run and it comes across as more of a thing to pass through and be done with it. If by chance you are doing Heather runs, you are likely trying to avoid mobs as much as possible anyway. Minorly odd to focus on Dark and WP when there are also Def based sets which deal with it by not getting hit in the first place. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

If by chance you are doing Heather runs, you are likely trying to avoid mobs as much as possible anyway.

I never did get into the speed runs for Heather's arc. Always cleared all at +(whatever I could deal with)/x8 for the iXP to unlock the incarnates and then more for the extra emp merits that come from vet lvls. Granted, I'm apparently a murderous bastich.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Minorly odd to focus on Dark and WP when there are also Def based sets which deal with it by not getting hit in the first place. 

In fairness, /Shield gets Terrorize protection, too, but has other more cosmetic problems for me (which is neither here nor there in a power comparison, granted, but is why I tend to semi-forget it), plus click mez protection.  I think Bill mentioned it either here or in the other power comparisons thread?  Time clickin' mez protection is time not smitin'.  As for other Def sets, depends.  Defense still isn't a guarantee, after all.  Plus AFAIK, Longbow Terrorizes are all unvectored "psi defense only"-type hits, so most defense sets won't offer notable protection there: IIRC, /Stone is the only set that actually offers Psi Defense, no?

4 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

In fairness, /Shield gets Terrorize protection, too, but has other more cosmetic problems for me (which is neither here nor there in a power comparison, granted, but is why I tend to semi-forget it), plus click mez protection.  I think Bill mentioned it either here or in the other power comparisons thread?  Time clickin' mez protection is time not smitin'.  As for other Def sets, depends.  Defense still isn't a guarantee, after all.  Plus AFAIK, Longbow Terrorizes are all unvectored "psi defense only"-type hits, so most defense sets won't offer notable protection there: IIRC, /Stone is the only set that actually offers Psi Defense, no?

Willpower and Bio both offer Psi Defense.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 2/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, Lazarillo said:

Rad Armor doesn't have any way to get Terrorize protection in the build.

Touche good person 🙂 and oddly enough, I do come across that somewhat often. Still going to prioritize Rad over Dark though, in other areas, IMO,  it just performs stupendously better

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Played my EA Scrapper last night who has Melee for Hybrid, and Terrorized felt more annoying than anything I had to 100% protect against. I was on a team running +4 missions. I was taking alpha strike or going off and soloing mobs to the point I assumed we didn't have a tank only to see we had one who had more vet levels than I did. Zero deaths on my part.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."