Lock items in base edit mode, and other basey things.

Greycat

So, messing with a base that's (finally) more decorative again. More a setting than anything. And I'm remembering a few of the little annoyances that I'd really love to be able to have options to deal with.

One is clicking to move/adjust something and, despite having it highlighted, despite having your mouse on it, having the editor decide "No! You want this other thing over here!" Now, granted, if you move it, you can ctrl-Z now. But I moved a grass plate (a level down below the "floor" (raised structure) a few dozen times when that was *definitely* not what I was trying to adjust. (This is a bookstore. Tweaking the position of shelves = move shelf. Select next shelf. "Dammit, not the grass again..." )

I'd love to be able to select an item and, once I have it right where I want it, click something to lock it in place and make it unable to be selected by clicking. (If you have to undo that, it's still in the "current room" tab - which, yeah, for large, large bases can be a pain, granted - and you'd be able to unlock it there.)

The other thing - and I know this has to have been asked about at some point - is to be able to designate a set of items as a group. Say, the chalet rafters and beams, or a wall of books, or the various catwalks and other fences and railings we have. Some things are easier to set up on the ground and adjust, then raise/rotate/etc. to where you want them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Oh, God. The number of times I would click something right in front of my character to move and the game instead selects something not even in the same room but is a large object in an adjacent area or is somewhere above or below what I am selecting but still not actually near it. Please! Let us lock things so they stop being selectable!

Yes to both of these, please.  Especially if we can clone a group - I've set up huge libraries before, and being able to copy/paste entire aisles would be amazing (especially if they could count as a single object against our item limit)

Good lord, yes this. Moving a sequence of items and managing to somehow get the back/foreground item they are near or whatever happens to be closest to the game-camera EVERY time.

A setting to lock/unlock all existing base items too while making additions would be handy

• Thumbs Up 1