Human/Dwarf Bi-form Warshade

There is a lot of talk about tri-form or human warshades, but not much on human/dwarf. I did a forum search and could not find a single topic dedicated to human/dwarf warshades. But in my opinion, after trying human only and tri-forms, human/dwarf biforms are one of the stronger build options. So I'll post my build to hopefully start a discussion and get suggestions for improvement.

Since it is kind of pointless to just show a build, I'll talk a bit about its goals, power and slotting choices, as well as playstyle.

The main goal is to solo any type of mobs at 4*8, which it does. This main goal creates a derived one which is to maximize single target damage. Why maximize single target damage? Mobs of minions and lieutnants are no problem to a warshade and even welcome. A problem arises when only one or two bosses are left. That is when you need single target damage, something warshades are notoriously bad at. 

I'll comment about a few power and slotting choices:

Muling Kinetic Combats in the dwarf attacks allows capping defense to smashing/lethal/melee with only a small purple. Capping melee defense is particularly useful because this warshade lives in melee.

Now on to choices that may be unusual:

- Eclipse: slotted like this, it is perma and caps resistances with only 4 mobs. With only 3 mobs, resistances remain quite respectable.

- Essence drain: with 5 procs, it is my second highest damage single target attack.

- Gravitic Emanation: in my opinion, due to the purple patch, you have to make a choice against +4 mobs. Either you slot it for damage or you slot it for control. But you cannot have both. Against +4, a GE slotted with damage procs will miss often, and will not perma disorient. You can make the disorient barely perma with Spiritual Alpha, but then you lose damage, both directly through the loss of Musculature, and indirectly because of the effect of recharge on procs in all the powers. This is a noticeable loss of DPS. Believe me, I tried. 
Since I do not need more AoE DPS anyway, I chose to prioritize control with a traditional stun set. I put only 4 Absolute Amazement, instead of 5, because I already have five +10% recharge set bonuses elsewhere.

- Unchain Essence: I think this is a great power. I read some posts in which they recommend to skip it. But this power does a ton of damage and perfectly fits the PBAoE centric nature of this warshade. The two mires, eclipse, quasar, stygian, void judgement, misdirection: these are all PBAoE. I use binds which turn Unchain Essence into a 2-click additional PBAoE. 
It also stuns. So first thing I do after unchain is to turn Inky back on. Sometimes I get lucky, it stacks and stuns 1 or 2 nearby bosses.

- Nebulous Form: this power has many great uses. Oh S**t power. Surviving ambushes. Pulling. Taking the alpha (not really needed but nice for a change of playstyle). Mini-hibernate. Tanking for the pets (not really needed either but fun). Regulating the flow of combat (e.g. waiting for Eclipse to recharge in the middle of an additional mob). Restoring the flow of combat against stuff like carnies and Rularuu (when they become intangible or bubble you, thereby messing with the timing of Eclipse and the mires).

- Misdirection: totally skippable, yet it is a nice Oh S**t power and debuffs a small amount of resistance. If someone can suggest a better power, I'll be very happy.

In terms of Incarnates, I go with Assault and Clarion against tougher mobs. Against easier mobs or in a team, I can use Melee Radial and/or Barrier. Melee Radial in particular is very fun, with its taunt aura.

A final word about attack chains:

- AoE is eclipse, double mire, quasar, then either Unchain Essence or Void (both are a bit overkill). After this, everything is dead except the bosses and perhaps a couple stragglers.

- Single target is either GW/SB/ED/SB or GW/ED/SB. Mids suggest the later, but ingame I get a better feel for the former. GW/ED/SB feels better only when my recharge is boosted in a team.

That's all folks.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Flamme Fatale: Level 50 Science Warshade
Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast
Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ebon Eye

• (A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Recharge/Form Empowerment

Level 1: Absorption

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 2: Gravity Shield

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 4: Infiltration

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 6: Shadow Blast

• (A) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (21) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (23) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (25) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 8: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (27) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 10: Combat Jumping

• (25) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (48) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 12: Grant Invisibility

Level 14: Sunless Mire

• (A) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (29) Armageddon - Damage
  • (31) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (31) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 16: Shadow Cloak

• (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 18: Gravity Well

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (31) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (33) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (34) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 20: Essence Drain

• (A) Gladiator's Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Gladiator's Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (34) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (36) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (36) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • (36) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)

Level 22: Black Dwarf

• (A) Resist Damage IO
  • (40) Resist Damage IO

Level 24: Stygian Circle

• (A) Endurance Modification IO

Level 26: Gravitic Emanation

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Stun
  • (37) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (37) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge
  • (37) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (39) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 28: Unchain Essence

• (A) Superior Essence Transfer - RechargeTime/Global Heal
  • (39) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (39) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (40) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (40) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (49) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage

Level 30: Inky Aspect

• (A) HamiO:Endoplasm Exposure

Level 32: Quasar

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 35: Dark Extraction

• (A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage
  • (43) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up

Level 38: Eclipse

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (47) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance
  • (47) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (48) Performance Shifter - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 41: Stygian Return

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 44: Nebulous Form

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 47: Misdirection

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 49: Stealth

Level 1: Dark Sustenance 

Level 1: Brawl

Edited by FlammeFatale
typos
  • Like 2

I like this build and your flexible thinking in regards to what a non-triform WS can and should do. There are a few suggestions I'd make to the as-is build, and also some changes I'd make, were I to respec into something similar. Some questions as well would be: How much have you played this build already? Do you use Shadow Cloak, Combat Jumping or any of the other defense toggles while in combat? I see that your ST attack chain is purely human form, but you mention doing double mires for AoE, and dwarf mire's buff having such a short duration, I couldn't imagine you'd be retoggling defenses. You do you, but the extra slot in Shadow Cloak might be a waste. I'm curious what your actual play results are using Inky Aspect as well.

For simple adjustments, I'd recommend slotting the Perception bonus IO from the new Warp set into whichever form of teleport you either use semi regularly, or can remember to start using, as the proc is dependent on activation. The extra perception is useful against enemies like Arachnos. My current tri-form goes the Maneuvers/Tactics/Vengeance route for 2/5 LotG IOs, with the perception IO from Rectified Reticle in Tactics. It's superior to the Warp version, as it doesn't require activation and is always on. They do actually stack as well.

Having no Nova form usage would have me missing Gaussian's BU proc for sure. I'd toy with the idea of replacing the res debuff in Sunless Mire with it. Gravitic Emanation is up more often anyway, and judicious use of that will serve the same purpose.

I have other thoughts, but I'll leave it there for now! Thanks for posting your build and explaining your flex on this class 🙂

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

Thank you for your Warp Perception IO suggestion. I will move my Winter Gift Slow Resistance to Shadow Recall and put the new Warp IO in Shadow Step.

I am not too keen on removing the -Res proc from Sunless Mire. Once I tried it in the dwarf mire instead of the human mire and was underwhelmed by the results. Comparing the Gladiator - Res to the Gaussian build up, ignoring the purple patch effects because it gets too complicated:

- Gladiator fires 90% of the time and lasts about 10 seconds. Since I lead with the human mire, it applies -20% res to the mobs for the whole chain: Dwarf Mire, Quasar, Unchain/Void.
- Gaussian is 1 PPM so fires about 40% of the time, lasts 5.25 seconds. I am not sure it lasts the full duration the whole attack chain, in particular the last power in the rotation. So +72% damage 40% of the time for say 2 or 3 powers vs -20% resistance 90% of the time for 3 or 4 powers... Not an easy decision.

But after the two mires I am often at or close to the damage cap so the build-up benefit is lost on Quasar while the -Res is not. I'll keep Gladiator for the time being.

Now to answer your questions.

My main back on live was a WS. It was primarily a triformer, but I had a human/dwarf alternate build. I started playing biform human/dwarf late 2004 or early 2005 :-).

This particular build I have been playing for a few months. When Homecoming launched, I made a build very similar to the present one. Except I did not have purple sets back then, and if I remember well I used Maneuvers/Tactics instead of Nebulous Form/Placate.

I then experienced with the Force of Will pool instead of the Concealment Pool. Unleash potential is a great power. But I found I was almost never using it. I remembered to use it in case of big trouble. But then using it was not enough to turn the tide.
In the meantime I had experienced the tactical greatness of PFF on my blaster. So I reverted to my original concealment pool WS, with the addition of Nebulous form. I have not looked back, but don't get me wrong, the Force of Will WS is perfectly viable too.

In order to answer your other question, I need to give a bit more information about my playstyle. Of course there are special situations, but most of the time, combat is divided in 2 phases:

- First phase = AOE crowd destruction. Eclipse/double mire/quasar etc... 
- Second phase = Single Target what remains, in general between 1 and 4 bosses or stragglers. 

Maybe 75% of the time, second phase is done in Human Form: trying to keep enemies perma mezzed with Inky+Gravitic, while delivering the single target attack rotation. I do not use the dwarf mire.

25% of the time, second phase is done in dwarf form. It really depends on the type of boss or my mood. Some bosses are better done in dwarf form, for instance the disorient immune ones. Also dwarf is more relaxing than human, it has more resistance (at this stage there is often only 1 or 2 mobs for eclipse), and dwarf drain tends to refill the health bar automatically as part of the attack chain.

The dwarf does respectable damage, less than the human but definitely enough to finish bosses and EBs in a reasonable time. I did not give a dwarf attack chain, because there is not any. I fire the attacks, including the mire, as they become available. I prioritize the dwarf drain when several attacks are up.

Between the first AOE phase and the second ST phase, I may put Inky back on, CJ/Cloak back on, summon pet... It really depends on the situation. Sometimes I forget I have defenses and do not even pop a purple before the fight. Sometimes I remember I have defenses, that's generally against tougher mobs and put CJ/cloack back on with just one key press/release: /bind T "+down$$powexectoggleon shadow cloak$$powexec_toggleon combat jumping".

I need CJ+Cloack with 2 slots in cloack to be over 32.5% defense, which caps me with a small purple.

But I tried cloak with only 1 slot and frankly the difference is small. It becomes negligible when I use melee hybrid, barrier or any bigger purple.

One question about Blessing of Tielekku. Right now, it gives me 2.81% defense, which means I do not need CJ or the second slot in Cloack. But is Blessing of Tielekku rechargeable? No one has ever been able to answer this question in the help channel.

You have a question about Inky performance, but I do not understand the question. Most of the time it works (stacks on bosses with gravitic), sometime it does not, then it is dwarf time. 
When surviving mobs are spread, using Inky+Gravitic lowers DPS, because when one is positioning and stunning mobs, one is not DPSing. There is no such problem in dwarf form. 
But Inky+Gravitic is a godsend against Rularuu Wisp bosses and carnie Master Illusionists.  As some point, I had a build without Inky. It worked but I got a good dose of faceplants against the aforementioned bosses.
Often it requires work and landscape awareness for positioning but this is what I like about Warshades. There are not easy toons to play.

• Like 2

Totally fair about Gladiator vs. Gaussian's. I sometimes forget its abysmal proc rate and probably have an unrealistic expectation of its value in a build. And that's a shame what you mentioned about Spiritual Alpha having a DPS loss too noticeable to use over Musculature. My mind definitely went to Spiritual Radial automatically when considering the stun saturation in this build, as almost everything in it is useful to a WS in some capacity, including the recharge, right up to the point where it starts inhibiting procs. Bummer! I'll keep cruising with Intuition Radial for now, but might work my way toward Musc in the future.

You seem to have an affection and awareness about shades that is great to see. I've never been sold on the value of running Inky , nor the un-converted Gravitic shotgun usage, but I'd be willing to give it a try to shake things up a bit. I'm still not convinced 15 seconds of an 11% resistance buff on a pack or boss, on a stupid long refresh, beats 60 seconds of 18% more defense plus extra regen and recovery, on a stupider long refresh. It's taken some time to get used to using it, but I'm a total Unleash Potential fangirl now, so I'd keep that in my build, as personal preference.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

Just to clarify, I am not talking in absolutes, but about what I found was best for me given my playstyle. All the points you are making are good points.

- spiritual alpha is perfectly playable. I noticed the DPS loss but it does not mean it is not playable. It is just that playing solo, I feel the DPS loss I am experiencing is not worth the benefits (a few more seconds of stun and a bit more recharge on pets). In a team, spiritual is perfectly fine. 

- Inky + GE is clumsy. I wish I could do without it. But it enables me to solo some tough bosses without faceplants and inspirations. 

- Unleash potential is a great power. The reason I respecced out of it is simply that I was not using it. I looked for a power to replace it, a power I would actually use, and I found Nebulous form. For me, Nebulous form solves problems that Unleash potential could not solve. 

Also, Unleash potential has two prerequisites. Both prerequisites are good powers. I like Mighty Leap a lot. But it did not help me in missions. I like Weaken Resolve also, it is a good res debuff when slotted with Achille heel. But it is a slow animation and does not fit in my attack chain. Nebulous form has zero prerequisites, so I gain two more power choices going with it instead of with Unleash.

As you can see, this is all about my personal preferences based on my in game experience. This does not mean my choices are necessarily the best.

• 1 month later
  • 4 weeks later

This is what am currently running for Bi form. It's all about AOE and ST proc damage and still needs some tweaking on the defensive end. I personally think Shadow Slip is a must on a WS so you can consistently target cap your mires/Eclipse (I'm currently running a greedy build that uses Fold Space too). I use a single bind which toggles Dwarf, when selected again, it performs a Dwarf mire and reverts to human form. Double-tapping the bind will dwarf mire in about 0.2 seconds. 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Warshade
Power Pool: Teleportation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ebon Eye -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Rchg(19), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 1: Absorption -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 2: Gravity Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 4: Combat Teleport -- Empty(A)
Level 6: Shadow Blast -- HO:Nucle(A), ExpStr-Dam%(21), Apc-Dam%(21), GldJvl-Dam%(23), ImpSwf-Dam%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(25)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Super Speed -- Thrst-+Special(A)
Level 12: Sunless Mire -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(29), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 14: Dark Detonation -- HO:Nucle(A), PstBls-Dam%(31), ImpSwf-Dam%(31), ExpStr-Dam%(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33)
Level 16: Shadow Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(34)
Level 18: Gravity Well -- HO:Nucle(A), ImpSwf-Dmg/Slow(34), TchofDth-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(36), Hct-Dam%(36), UnbCns-Dam%(36)
Level 20: Black Dwarf -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 22: Stygian Circle -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(48)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Unchain Essence -- SprEssTrn-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprEssTrn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprEssTrn-Rchg/Global Heal(37), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 28: Shadow Slip -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 30: Gravitic Emanation -- PstBls-Dam%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39), ImpSwf-Dam%(40), JvlVll-Dam%(40), ExpStr-Dam%(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 32: Dark Extraction -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(43), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(43), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(43)
Level 35: Quasar -- RechRdx-I(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(45), Erd-%Dam(45), Arm-Dam%(45), Obl-%Dam(46), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 38: Stygian Return -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Teleport -- Wrp-+Special(A)
Level 44: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), Acc-I(46)
Level 47: Eclipse -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(50)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Shadow Step -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Antagonize -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Drain -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(5)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Mire -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(7), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(7), Obl-%Dam(9), Obl-Dmg(9), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Smite -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(11), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(13), Stp-Stun/Rng(13), Stp-KB%(15), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(15)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Step -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Strike -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Speed Phase 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------
------------

• Like 1

• 2 months later

Heya. Credit to both FlammeFatale and Dungeoness for inspiration for this build. Ive been searching for a reason to play Warshade again and with the new toggle suppressions coming with the new update, I wanted to dust off my old toon and give it a whirl. Would love some feedback (if interested) and suggestions. I pulled quite a bit from this build tho, so not TOO much is different. I did give it a go on beta and it hits like I want it too!  

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Natural Warshade

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ebon Eye

• (A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Recharge/Form Empowerment

Level 1: Absorption

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (5) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
  • (7) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 2: Gravity Shield

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (3) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (3) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (5) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance

Level 4: Combat Jumping

Level 6: Hasten

• (9) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 8: Starless Step

• (A) Warp - Range / Increased Perception

Level 10: Orbiting Death

• (A) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage
  • (11) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (13) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (43) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (46) Superior Essence Transfer - RechargeTime/Global Heal

Level 12: Sunless Mire

• (A) Obliteration - Damage
  • (17) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (25) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 14: Stealth

Level 16: Shadow Cloak

Level 18: Twilight Shield

• (19) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (19) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance

Level 20: Black Dwarf

• (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance

Level 22: Gravity Well

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (29) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (33) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 24: Stygian Circle

• (A) Healing IO

Level 26: Nebulous Form

Level 28: Shadow Slip

Level 30: Gravitic Emanation

• (A) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage
  • (31) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (31) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (31) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (47) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (50) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 32: Dark Extraction

• (A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage
  • (33) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up

Level 35: Quasar

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 38: Stygian Return

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 41: Eclipse

• (45) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (45) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (45) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance
  • (46) Performance Shifter - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 44: Essence Drain

• (A) Gladiator's Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (46) Gladiator's Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (48) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (49) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (49) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • (50) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 47: Grant Invisibility

Level 49: Inky Aspect

• (A) HamiO:Endoplasm Exposure

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty
Level 1: Sprint
  • (A) Celerity - +Stealth
Level 2: Rest
  • (A) Interrupt Reduction IO
Level 1: Swift
  • (A) Run Speed IO
Level 1: Hurdle
  • (A) Jumping IO
Level 1: Health
  • (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
  • (13) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
Level 1: Stamina
  • (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
Level 1: Shadow Step
Level 10: Shadow Recall
  • (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Antagonize
  • (A) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage
Level 20: Black Dwarf Drain
  • (A) Kinetic Combat - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
Level 20: Black Dwarf Mire
  • (A) Armageddon - Damage
  • (15) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (39) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (40) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff
Level 20: Black Dwarf Smite
  • (40) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
Level 20: Black Dwarf Step
Level 20: Black Dwarf Strike
  • (37) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
------------

------------

Quick edit after the fact. I added some KB protection to the build BC this plays as an AOE tank. Open with GE and swap back to dwarf before engaging. With more emphasis on swapping in and out of forms during actual mob attacks. But the Clarion recommendation may negate the need for this. 

Edited by insome1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later
On 3/30/2022 at 11:27 PM, Dungeoness said:

Hey, just wondering if you've continued to play your shade with this spec since posting the build.

Hello Dungeoness. Sorry for the very late reply. I had stopped playing for a while.

I came back for the Toggle Suppression patch and I must say this is a real QoL improvement for warshades. The play is much smoother now.

I am still playing the same build with just a couple marginal changes. Their effect is so marginal that they are not needed at all.

- Black Dwarf Strike; added a fifth slot (by removing the second slot in Shadow Cloak) and replaced Kinetic Combat by Superior Blistering Cold.

- Health: added a Miracle + recovery (by removing the 5th slot of  Gravitic Emanation).

- Misdirection: replaced the acc enhancement by an acc/rech.

Below is this latest build.

Flamme Fatale.mxd

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later