Time manipulation plus Radiation Blast or Water Blast

Nihil

Hey I'm wanting to start either a Defender or Corruptor that uses Time manipulation with either radiation or Water Blast and was wanting some thoughts and opinions from the community as to with would be better. As well as any must have or suitable powers.

Thanks in Advance.

I would take a time/rad as a defender. Using power boosted far sight, manuevers, weave, cj, etc. it's pretty easy to build your positional defenses. This allows you more opportunity to proc bomb your attacks and the -def component allows for you to make sure you fit in plenty of procs.

If I was going water, I might lean more towards corruptor as for scourging whirlpool, add in whirlwind, and play the toon like the Bermuda triangle sucking everything back in time.

Either way they could both be interesting.

• Like 2

One advantage of Water is the heal, but Time doesn't really need it. Rad is also built more melee where Time thrives as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Great choices my friend! I’m personally running a Time/Rad right now and it is very synergistic. As  our good friend @Without_Pause said, it is a very “in your face” Defender that likes to be in melee with his tanks. 

I JUST started a Water Blast/Dark Corruptor who’s playstyle seems a little more suited for a “hover” style of play, if that is what you’re looking for. I could see Rad/Water or Dark/Water being pretty decent as a hover defender (or Corruptor). 

• Like 1

From a strict powergaming perspective, I'd go with Water, mainly for the ranged nuke. I can't prove it with any actual statistics, but I would bet money the effective damage of that nuke outstrips most others just because of how accessible it is. Water is a top tier set on every archetype that has it. 

Radiation is fine if you enjoy that play experience or it fits your theme. There are ways that play to its strengths too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One additional synergy with Water is that you can overlay Distortion Field and Whirlpool, creating a zone where your foes are running in place (stacked slows + avoid).

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

My Time/Rad Defender is an AoE beast. Very easy to get in the thick of combat safely and mix it up. 2 procs in each attack, very fun and effective character. Agree with the above, Water is also excellent, you could easily skip Dehydrate.

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds