The lvl 41 Clockwork King AV challenge for Controllers

LynxNordique

16 hours ago, Sykar said:

Gravity.

You have 2 sets I've pretty much never played but from the thread and looking at Time in CoD while awesome support for a team it doesn't appear to have the tools to make soloing AVs on SO's without using inspires and other available tools doable.  So most folks in thread are using as few as possible and then noting it in their post.  So use as little as possible until success.  How few inspires will it take to survive?

Well that is why I left him at EB and not attempted to beat him as an AV. I just do not understand how other controllers at that level can stay alive against him. Sure at super high levels with IOs you can kit yourself out to hit defensive softcap but at 41 with just SOs? I just do not see how.

2 hours ago, Sykar said:

Well that is why I left him at EB and not attempted to beat him as an AV. I just do not understand how other controllers at that level can stay alive against him. Sure at super high levels with IOs you can kit yourself out to hit defensive softcap but at 41 with just SOs? I just do not see how.

Beating him as an EB shouldn't be a problem. First off, you want to avoid CK's nuke (Psychic Wail), which has a 25-foot radius and will 1-shot you. Stay at range until after he fires it (it has a 5 minute recharge so you won't have to worry about him firing it again). Ignoring Farsight (which provides ~15% defense), 2 medium purple inspirations will soft cap your defense for 60 seconds. Bring 4 in case it takes more than a minute to defeat him. If you have it, this is a really good time to use the Elusive Mind accolade. Also, let Singularity (90% psi resist) tank him.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

It's been a long time since I fought the Clockwork King and I don't recall him being a big runner but for fighting any AV It's very useful to have an immobilize.  First it'll set up containment, second nothing cuts into your damage output like an AV acting like a track star.  Being Illusion makes that problematic, it'll have to come from your Epic powers.  It also will keep them from getting closer allowing you to stay at range where damage is typically less than at melee distances.

Clockwork king definitely does like to run around more than your average AV in my experience.  Very frustrating fight on some of my builds.  

Most of my illusion controllers though didn't have too much of an issue, just can take a while due to the psi resist.  Phantom army's taunt is enough to stop him from running around much for the most part.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2022 at 11:13 PM, Sykar said:

Gravity.

Gravity has very strong single target attacks, so the issue is /Time. Time is great in teams, but the debuffs are not as strong as other sets. However, I'm sure it is more than enough to defeat the CWK King as an EB. You probably need just a few inspirations, like couple of purples, blues and reds and he should be done for. 

My Gravity/Dark against the Cwk King as an AV was a very fun fight. The Cwk King hits like a truck, but so does some Gravity attacks.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1