Team Corruptor

StriderIV

Hi all!

I was having a fun chat in game the other day:

If you could form a team of only ONE Archetype to take on the rest, or to run all content in the game, what archetype would you choose?

Corruptors immediately jumped to mind to me. I feel they just could be the perfect combination of debuffs, buffs and damage. You can say the same for Defenders, but I guess I would just value the extra damage form scourge a bit more. Scourge is love, scourge is life.

That being said, what are your thoughts? In this scenario, do you think Corruptors could be the one archetype to rule them all? What would your perfect team of Corruptors look like?

And if not Corruptors, what other archetype would you pick?

When I ran speed TFs back on live going for completion time records (pre-incarnates) we often ran with 1-2 kinetics corrs (usually 2 for consistency, unsuppressed movement speed and fulcrum shifts) and 2-4 cold corrs (sleet, heat loss, benumb, shields), and 0-1 radiation corrs (aoe -regen for simultaneous AV kills such as LRSF vindicators, freedom phalanx, STF patrons, ITF romulus/nictus fights), and 1 brute. This was our science. When going rogue happened we found replacing some supports with blasters to be beneficial. Kinetics + Cold Domination at a 1:2 ratio was always our recipe for best success and regardless of some of the variance of team comp the kin/cold core was the defining aspect. Corruptor stacking has always been a thing.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

1 hour ago, StriderIV said:

Up there with Corruptors would be Defenders and VEATS, specifically Fortunatas. I feel like Fortunatas can do a bit of everything.

VEAT stacking has a self imposed limit because of their low damage caps, low base hp, lack of self healing, and lack of damage resistance. The damage cap is the biggest issue with a full team of veats because 8x assault and 8x TT:assault is a 240% dmg buff, and VEATs do not have a damage cap that supports most of that going to waste. Hitting 300% defense to all also has dubious benefits when your hp and base resists are all sitting super low, especially in the case of fortunatas and night widows.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

Defenders, Corrs, and Blasters are in the running. One might think Blasters would be bad, but once they get mitigation down, things simply don't live. You would have multiple nukes ready per spawn. Add in Beam and /psy and even harder targets don't live.

For Defenders and Corrs, give me Cold, Thermal, Kin, and fill in the rest with debuffs. Time can tank and Storm could do so with the ability to position groups as well. If something does -res, then add them in. Pretty much as along as the group doesn't have two FFs in it, any combo of 8 works.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

People tend to overthink this.  Pick ANY single AT and a team of them can go through all content fine.  Yes, even Blasters and other damage-only ATs.  My SG and I would do this often back in live and we do it now, pre-incarnate as well.  My buddy and I have recently leveled up 2 blasters and duo'd all our content and most TFs (we have more TFs to get through - still working on our journey).  

But the fact is, this game is so great, that you can achieve some really great things and you do NOT have to have the holy trinity (Tank, Heals, and Damage) to survive like other games.  This game really made controlling and debuffing a thing too compared to other games.  And the beauty of this game is that you can break from the normal-thinking and overwhelm your foes in any one of these areas and be successful.  

So pick any AT and have fun!

• Like 1

My SG has a weekly leveling group that currently consists of all defenders and corruptors (just hit lvl 30). Going from memory, we have Dark, Nature, Poison, Electric, Time, Radiation and Empathy. The only speed bump was the final mission in Posi 1 where we had to fight ourselves.

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

People tend to overthink this.  Pick ANY single AT and a team of them can go through all content fine.  Yes, even Blasters and other damage-only ATs.  My SG and I would do this often back in live and we do it now, pre-incarnate as well.  My buddy and I have recently leveled up 2 blasters and duo'd all our content and most TFs (we have more TFs to get through - still working on our journey).  

But the fact is, this game is so great, that you can achieve some really great things and you do NOT have to have the holy trinity (Tank, Heals, and Damage) to survive like other games.  This game really made controlling and debuffing a thing too compared to other games.  And the beauty of this game is that you can break from the normal-thinking and overwhelm your foes in any one of these areas and be successful.  

So pick any AT and have fun!

Oh I absolutely agree with this. This topic was more just for a fun discussion. Someone else mentioned to me that they think Controllers would just be the best, with Containment stacking. I didn’t even think about that!