Would like to see a change to Chat Font Visibility.

As I have gotten older and the world has become dimmer to my poor overworked eyes, I have found that balancing brightness has become harder.  Comfortable screen brightness is leaving a lot of fonts difficult to read comfortably unless I make the font size huge.  Specifically the Cool Temperatures are causing me some difficulty, especially if I want to make the windows more transparent.

This is a long way to stating that I would like the ability to change font colors in chat or at least have a high visibility option.

You can change the chat colors by clicking on the channel in question and choosing change color. I think that's what it's called. Might be a right click as well. I'm not ingame to check.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

You can change the chat colors by clicking on the channel in question and choosing change color. I think that's what it's called. Might be a right click as well. I'm not ingame to check.

Click does nothing and Right-click brings up a context menu, but channel font color change is not an option for me :(

• 4 months later

You can change the colors of a custom channel, like one you've created or joined, but does not appear to be an option for default channels like Broadcast or Looking for Group. Is there some kind of file I can edit or install, or a hidden/secret slash command, or anything that will let me change the colors of a chat channel? Some of them actually cause me pain to look at, and others are virtually invisible. Most are okay but I'd really like to use all of them.

- RC

"As long as everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."

I had to put my window transparency at 85% and bump font size to 13.  I prefer transparent windows as well.  One thing you might try is dragging the edge of your chat window to see if that might help a bit.

Edit to clarify:  I wish we could change the colors as well!

Edited by EmmySky