Vanguard Merits and leveling outside of a farm

Ukase

13 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Ultimate? Like when Nick Fury is Sam Jackson?

No. Like when David Hasselhoff is Nick Fury.

nickfurymain.jpg?fit=800,1000

Am I serious or seriously joking?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 hours ago, Andreah said:

I saw this movie. It was awesomely bad. <3 Possibly intentionally so.

If you compare it to the Marvel made for TV movies that came out before it, it was by far better.

Does it have cheese? The Marvel Cinematic Universe is full of cheese.

And, yes. The David Hasseloff Nick Fury made for TV movie as indeed better than Thor :: Ragnarok. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

And, yes. The David Hasseloff Nick Fury made for TV movie as indeed better than Thor :: Ragnarok. 

You and I are enemies now!  Iron Man II was right there for another well-deserved kicking.

• Haha 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You and I are enemies now! 

Have at you, sir!

Vob7EHd.gif

I shall see you in a PVP zone.

• Haha 1

How dare you ask to me to defend my questionable opinion!

o9m38pa20v721.jpg.d350517d82a307f6ce8ca1ab768b74ee.jpg

But to keep this thread op topic, yeah, MSR is the only viable way I've found to collect enough Vanguard Merits to make them worth anything.  And they accumulate like falling snow on a good MSR.

• Haha 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I don't want to yuck in anyone's yum, but aside form MOAR REWARDS I find the Vanguard/RWZ arcs to be a big yawn. My ennui is (I think) driven by the very wide level-range (35+). Reworking the Crash Site wasn't a complete misfire, but it just never sat right with me... there was some romance to be had in the era of having to cross Crey's Folly to do street sweeping and occasional door missions(?). Between the Crash Site and Dark Astoria reworks, and the closure of Galaxy City, I'm glad that the plans for a reworked Perez Park never came to fruition.