Cutscenes on ultrawide screen cut heads

Zed

Hello

This is more some weird behavior than a real bug.

On my screen (3440x1440, 43:18 ratio), most of the cutscenes show characters headless.

I just would like to do it myself before Crosscut -or anyone else- do 😛

I'm using Windowed mode, 3440x1377 game resolution.

Pretty sure all these are fine on the more standard 1920x1080 of my laptop so i doubt i can do something about it.
Anyway, i'm open to ideas.

Warning: spoilers inside, open at your own risk.

(3 MB per image, hosting elsewhere)

IIRC, this is an artifact of the cutscenes being stretched to fit the width of the window, with the cutscene retaining its aspect ratio; this results in the top and bottom of the cutscene to be clipped. It will happen to a greater or lesser extent with all extra-wide monitors

• 2 weeks later

On 3840x2160 the cutscenes behave a bit weird as well, as the black bars on the top and bottom don't go all the way to the end of the screen sometimes.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

Is this also an issue on regular (1920x1080) wide screen displays?  I always wondered why the dialogue bubble for taller characters came out of their chests.  And speaking of chests, why that one cutscene in the Excalibur arc cuts off Black Swan's head and zooms in on her torso instead.

There's definitely something going on at 1920x1080, because when I just now took a screenshot of the Excalibur/Black Swan cutscene I mentioned above, the screenshot doesn't match what I see in game when the bars are added (which I've done manually below to illustrate what it looks like in the actual game).  Even without the bars, her head is still cut off.

screenshot_220402-08-07-27.jpg

screenshot_220402-08-07-27 - Copy.jpg