Toxins misleading text

TauntingMonk

I found that the Description for toxins says (self +To Hit, +DMG) after testing it I've seen no Damage Bonus increase in attributes and it doesn't show toxic damage in damage dealt chat tab. Can someone look and test this and tell me if I'm wrong or does it need fixed?

It looks like Toxins (link) grants your character the power "Toxins" (link) that adds toxic damage to your attacks instead of a +damage effect. It would be more accurate for the description to say something other than "+Dmg", but you should see more damage while the power is in effect. You may want to post something in the Bug Reports forum.

Toxins definetly adds damage so long as you're not in a setup where enhancements are disabled, but it does so by adding an extra damage proc rather than giving a damage bonus like all other forms of Build Up.  It's kind of like Fiery Embrace, though the toxic damage isn't part of every power like FE's fire damage is.  I can't check right now, but I believe the combat log should say something like "You hit <target> for xx.xx points of Toxic damage with your Toxins" when active.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Oh, the wackiness of the flavor text on powers and archetypes.   THe game also states Blasters are Ranged.  Do you know how hard it is to make a Blaster fully Ranged and NOT gimp it?  Ranged?  Not since I crawled out of the coffin...

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

Oh, the wackiness of the flavor text on powers and archetypes.   THe game also states Blasters are Ranged.  Do you know how hard it is to make a Blaster fully Ranged and NOT gimp it?  Ranged?  Not since I crawled out of the coffin...

AR/Nrg - Cone Spam with Boost Range. Used the T1 secondary with KB enhancement as a "GTFO power" for anyone who got close.

Death is the best debuff.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:06 PM, Errants said:

AR/Nrg - Cone Spam with Boost Range. Used the T1 secondary with KB enhancement as a "GTFO power" for anyone who got close.

Archery/Energy as well.  While you only get one cone as opposed to AR's three, Fistful of Arrows is a really good and fast animating cone.  All the other fast powers in Archery also lend well to a full-range setup.

Can also take Static Discharge from Electric Mastery if you want another one.  Or Mace Beam Volley but that one's a lot slower.

On the subject of Archery my Archery/Plant Blaster runs a full range setup.  Plant has a neat selection of control effects that help; Vines is really good for making sure things don't just run away from Rain of Arrows.  Toss in a cone immobilize from Soul Mastery and I can keep things away from me while I shoot from afar.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 5 weeks later
On 3/27/2022 at 12:47 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

Archery/Energy as well.  While you only get one cone as opposed to AR's three, Fistful of Arrows is a really good and fast animating cone.  All the other fast powers in Archery also lend well to a full-range setup.

Can also take Static Discharge from Electric Mastery if you want another one.  Or Mace Beam Volley but that one's a lot slower.

On the subject of Archery my Archery/Plant Blaster runs a full range setup.  Plant has a neat selection of control effects that help; Vines is really good for making sure things don't just run away from Rain of Arrows.  Toss in a cone immobilize from Soul Mastery and I can keep things away from me while I shoot from afar.

You wouldn't happen to like to share this Archery/Plant build here?

It seems to be a rather odd combination, but I like it on my toon quite a lot for thematic reasons...

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

29 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

You wouldn't happen to like to share this Archery/Plant build here?

It seems to be a rather odd combination, but I like it on my toon quite a lot for thematic reasons...

I'm st work now, i'll see what I can do later.

• Thanks 1