Electric Armor - Great on a Brute?

Arcadian-Prime

6 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Rage always has a crash even if you perma it. Most of us actually build enough recharge to run it double stacked for a significant uptime.

<Entering Didactic Jerk Mode>

Not "always".
On live, it used to be possible to offset the rage crash.  Or at least the portion where your damage output crashed.
You've NEVER been able to offset the Defense crash.

The Devs eventually took note and changed it so that you HAD to take the crash.
ALL OF IT.

</Hair Split At The Subatomic level My Work Here Is Done>

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

The HC devs floated a rage patch a few years ago that would make it not have a crash at one stack, but a lot of players at the time complained about the change when it was on open beta and it was reverted and hasn't been revisited yet.

I still hold annual vigils about this.

If I recall the arguement against the change was something akin to "if we accept this compromise as the fix we will never get the devs to truly give Super Strength the rework it needs."

Three years years on now. 

Makes me so mad I wanna roll a Storm/Sonic blaster.

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

<Entering Didactic Jerk Mode>

Not "always".
On live, it used to be possible to offset the rage crash.  Or at least the portion where your damage output crashed.
You've NEVER been able to offset the Defense crash.

The Devs eventually took note and changed it so that you HAD to take the crash.
ALL OF IT.

</Hair Split At The Subatomic level My Work Here Is Done>

<Entering Pedantic Mode>

I stated "Rage always has a crash even if you perma it", not "Rage always has had a crash even if you perma it". My statement deals with the present, where the latter statement encompasses the past and present.

</Returning To Sleep Mode>

On 4/27/2023 at 9:00 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

You can actually triple stack rage. I've done it in Hami raids where you get a lot of external recharge buffs as well. It doesn't last long at 3x, like 10 seconds or so.

Rage always has a crash even if you perma it. Most of us actually build enough recharge to run it double stacked for a significant uptime.

The HC devs floated a rage patch a few years ago that would make it not have a crash at one stack, but a lot of players at the time complained about the change when it was on open beta and it was reverted and hasn't been revisited yet.

Which is not a good idea because that's why players overlook SS in the first place

3 hours ago, Ashford said:

Which is not a good idea because that's why players overlook SS in the first place

Kinda like trying to drag race, but refusing to use any engine more powerful than a 3-banger.

8 hours ago, Ashford said:

I have no qualms about playing with double stacked rage in regular content. That's +160% damage and +40% tohit. It's easy enough to manage the rage crash for that kind of benefit in my opinion. 

Most people I've talked to over the years enjoy Super Strength and I can't think of anyone in particular that actively skips Rage.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

and I can't think of anyone in particular that actively skips Rage.

Only masochists.

SS w/ Rage?
power-aladdin.gif

SS w/o Rage?
itty-bitty-living-s-pace-alladin.gif

aka "I like Petless Masterminds!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1