2900 people in queue across both servers....perhaps a third server?

Estra12

Firstly let me state I understand that these servers are not free, and adding another one may be beyond Homecoming team means atm.  That being said as soon as people learn how to defeat the afk kick from game, these queue times

are going to go from 1~2 hours to 3~5 hours or longer on the weekends.  also with the crashes you may be playing and crash then end up in a 3 hour queue.  That would put anyone in a sour mood!  Either way, thanks for the hard work! Keep it up!

I hope "that Korean company" sees this and figures out how stupid they were to close it. But I hope they don't see this because I'm afraid they'll try to shut it down if they do. Recent US laws, however, do make operating private serves of shuttered MMOs legal, so....

The queue has functionally kept me from playing the game all day.  There hasn't been a time where there weren't 1000+ people in front of me waiting to log in and tonight it hit 2000.

While I understand the reasons for setting up a queue, at least when the servers were dying constantly, I could get in the game and play for a few minutes.  Now I can't get in at all.

It also means, that those who do get in game will be reluctant to leave, for fear of not being to get back in later.

I still think they're a good idea. It beats having the server crash constantly and be down hours at a stretch.

One way to look at it is perhaps as extra motivation to pick up new life skills in the form of programming and maintaining servers.  I mean, if for every 100 players here, just 1 of them was able to set up a linked server to the rest . . . well, that would be just jazzy, don't you think?

It's never too late to learn new life skills!

They probably can't take any money for it, but maybe someone would donate one or something like that.

Of course, I don't know anything about these things...just a guy that loves the game.

~Acro

This is why optimizing the I24 code is so important to get it cheaper to play and host more people on a cheaper server foot print. Wish they had a way we could donate to to help add servers

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

- Playing for a bit, mapserver disconnect

- Immediately log back in, 1000+ person queue

- Wait over an hour to get back in

- Play for 30ish minutes

- Mapserver disconnect

- Immediately log back in, 2200+ person queue

- Give up

- Locate alcohol

I love that I'm getting to play again, and I can't stress how much I appreciate the effort the team is putting into making all of this possible, but...this has just kind of been a disheartening day. Wish I could share my alcohol with the team. I'm sure they need it way more than I do right now.

Rut ro, just mapservered off an 8 man and I'm #1242 in a queue.

Yeah that's my concern.  If I finally get in to play only to get mapserved after a few minutes I'll be spending the rest of my night waiting.  No biggie, I'll play another time.

I mean, it's showcasing pretty solidly that there is a major demand for the game yet. Game's been dark since 2012...and yet we've got 2000+ player queues to get in.

That's...impressive.

Right?  Blizzard, Daybreak, Standing Stone, Square Enix and Zenimax would all kill for those kinds of queues, hehe.

Thanks again, Admins, coders et al, we love you soooooo much, and this has been the best month I've had in years.  Big hugs.

Like others have said.  I get the need for the Queue so this isn't a complaint.

But ugggh, those of us that gotta work on the weekends?  We're not going to see an ounce of the 2xp.

And lastly, holy crap, I actually want to pay for this.  This outdated game being run by fans that NCSoft could swat at any moment, and if they had a monthly donation link I'd do it.  You guys are really the best

And despite our complaining right now, thank you. Even the tastes i've gotten were better than the last few MMOs I tried.

I don't have a complaint about the queue, per se. I understand the reason for it, and think that if it improves stability, then I'm all for it.  But, on the other hand... waiting just over 3 hours in a 1480 queue, get to char select, pick a char,

enter game..."Lost connection to DBserver."  Log in again, and my new queue postion is 2400.  I love CoH to death, but after already spending 3 hours ina  queue to have it die upon loading game, I don't have it in me to sit through another queue.

Will try later or some other time.

EDIT: That said, I'm extremely grateful that the admins behind this have brought the game back!  Playing this was the best times that my wife and I had spent. We are both thrilled to see it come back!

I chose to logout to allow someone else to play. I put in quite a few hours today on and off. While it's not something to ask for as we're all excited,

maybe others can remember this is all new and fun again for everybody to get to play in our home again.

So, who do we have to all willingly and gratefully pay for their efforts so that this will scale to our overwhelming love? :) :) :)

Were it legal (Which I'm not sure it would be, given its not their intellectual property), I'd gladly throw $15 a month once more.

Honestly, this looks like the end of the server forever.

No chance a lot of people will hang around when you bottleneck the server into only 1k people.

I doubt there's a single person that would choose 2+ hour queue over lag. Even the crashing wasn't as bad as this.

If the admins are listening: Remove the queue or get the queue below 500 - before it's too late.

I don't have a complaint about the queue, per se. I understand the reason for it, and think that if it improves stability, then I'm all for it.  But, on the other hand... waiting just over 3 hours in a 1480 queue, get to char select, pick a char,

enter game..."Lost connection to DBserver."  Log in again, and my new queue postion is 2400.  I love CoH to death, but after already spending 3 hours ina  queue to have it die upon loading game, I don't have it in me to sit through another queue.

Will try later or some other time.

EDIT: That said, I'm extremely grateful that the admins behind this have brought the game back!  Playing this was the best times that my wife and I had spent. We are both thrilled to see it come back!

This is EXACTLY what just happened to me. I logged in at 6:45pm EST, was 1463 of 1480, finally got to character select screen at 9:52pm EST, clicked to enter the game, long pause followed by crash to login screen with "Lost connection to DB server" error, logged back on and I'm 2383 of 2399.

I totally get the reason for queues, would just be nice if they guaranteed a login after that 3 hour wait. Otherwise, I'd rather go back to the "just keep trying every 10 minutes" way it was.

On the plus side, over 2000 in queues on both servers are some pretty nice numbers! Especially since that means there's, what, already 1-2000 on each already playing?

If we had 3 or 4 more servers, everything would be smooth sailing!

Now, I know it's not "legal" for you to "accept money" for "this game," but have you thought about setting up a GoFundMe to raise money for your "cat's gender reassignment surgery"? I think you would find a rousing cry of support for Mittens' choice to be Muffin. I'm just saying, we love your "cat" and respect their lifestyle choices!