COH sightings in the "Real" world / other media

ThaOGDreamWeaver

Looks like Eochai's taken a vacation. Not surprised, the Grim Vale's a bit grim this time of year.

Eochai.thumb.jpeg.6040f559771958aaf25f47eade4fd171.jpeg

(Apparently this is also going to be a movie...)

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 1 month later
  • 5 months later

1387542205_b62132a3678e17e47aded870ffd0fb291.thumb.jpg.be59438e1268f865438005d3577c60ca.jpg

This isn't that far away from my house.... >.>

(Kings Row at Loop 288, Denton, TX)

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
On 10/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, Flintlock Burnfur said:

From Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

times-square-sky-captain-and-the-world-of-tomorrow-publicity-photo-2004-david-lee-guss.jpg.6137b064bb4db25f09895f6e763a9421.jpg

That prompted some digging.  I didn't know there was a book and movie by that name.  Apparently it was the movie that Ronald Reagan credited with making him a star.    Could one or both of these be the inspiration for the game's zone name?  A favorite of an original developer perhaps?

• 5 months later

So, I don't really know who this Charlie guy is, or where he came from before doing these YT videos but for some reason I started watching a few of them from time to time and they're somewhat funny, poignant/insightful more often than I'd expect, and generally decent takes on whatever he happens to be talking about in the moment. Mostly though he just trashes one silly tech/social trend or another and his voice is monotone enough to fade into the background if I am cooking or something.

Had to post this one - gave it a marker to the relevant bit in case folks don't want to watch the whole thing - for the shout-out to CoH Costume Contests.

Checked the comments - couple folks already mentioned HC's existence.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.