Pylon times and Trapdoor runs for dominators - Let's generate some data

EnjoyTheJourney

A key goal for this thread is to generate data that helps to better understand the higher end of damage and general content clear times possible for dominators. A secondary benefit could be the generation of data that helps the devs with future balance passes they might make for dominators. A tertiary potential benefit is that if contributors to this thread share their builds along with their pylon and trapdoor times then those who would like to play a dominator can end up with metrics to pair up with quite a few builds (sharing has to be 100% optional, of course, as many may prefer to keep their builds to themselves and that's their prerogative). 

Two imperfect, but still helpful benchmarks for these purposes are available in the scrapper forum and they are ...

1. pylon times, which are helpful for better understanding and streamlining single target attack chains

2. trapdoor runs, which aim to gauge efficiency at soloing higher notoriety content of medium difficulty (+4 to mobs' level, quantity of mobs set to 8 players, defeating an elite boss at the end of the mission)

Naturally, those threads focus mostly on scrappers and they mostly help for building stronger scrappers. Similar information about dominators could help those who play dominators to build stronger characters. But, benchmarking data about dominators in those threads is relatively sparse. Hence this thread. 

A few resources that can help for those who might be interested in contributing to this thread ...

1. How to export Mids data to the beta server - Allows character builds to be completed fairly quickly, for testing purposes

2. The Trapdoor thread in the scrapper forum 

3. The pylon thread in the scrapper forum

The next two posts will focus on two things:

Post #2: Some links and introductory information about the resources mentioned a little bit higher up.

Post #3: An example post intended to summarize the results of 1 or more pylon defeats and trapdoor runs

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1

How to export Mids data about IOs to the Beta server, and then access those IOs with a specific character

- Need to find this again, will come later (help with this would be appreciated!).

Trapdoor testing:  - The first post in this thread outlines the recommended parameters to follow so runs by different characters are more easily comparable. 

Pylon testing:  - The first post in this thread outlines recommended parameters to follow so runs by different characters are more easily comparable. 

FAQ:

Q: What if I'd rather see how one of my current dominators does, instead of building a beta character?

A: You can defeat a pylon and do trapdoor runs anytime in-game. You can use the "LFG" menu anytime to teleport to Lady Grey (select her task force, then select "lock the event ...", then press the green button to queue up, then press the next green button that comes up). Then just head outside and find a pylon to defeat. To start a trapdoor run you can run "Power Overwhelming" as an Ouroboros task force.   

Q: How do I quickly build domination before I try to defeat a pylon or complete a trapdoor run?

A: You can purchase the snowball temp power from a P2W NPC (ie: in Atlas Park, Mercy Island, or Pocket D). It costs 100,000 inf and it can be used over and over. You can build dom by putting it on auto-fire and targeting an enemy mob, another character, a suitable NPC (some are targetable, some not), or a summoned pet. As long as there's a "to hit" check involved, you'll build dom with each attempt to hit.

The "start and stop your snipe" method - Alternatively, you can find some mobs, stay out of their vision range, and keep starting up your snipe and moving your character slightly before it fires (while it's not in quickform mode, that is key). Each time you start and stop your snipe before it fires you build domination. You don't necessarily need mobs, though; if you have the pylon dummy pet from completing the Vanguard AV fight in the Aeon SF (Hero 1 and other AVs), then you can summon that and just keep starting up your dom's snipe (if it has one) and stopping it, rinse and repeat that until domination has been built up. The "snipe" method is noticeably quicker for filling the domination bar than the "snowball" method, when it's available to your dominator. 

Q: Does every popmenu for giving IOs from a Mids export to beta characters need to be named "MRBTest"?

A: No. You have a lot of flexibility when naming popmenu files. Varying popmenu filenames allows you to have many popmenus accessible through the same directory, if you'd like. 

Q: How can I efficiently level up a character on the beta server?

A: Copy the following bind for your brand new level 1 beta character into the chat window and press "enter": 

/bind l "train 0"

Once you've activated that bind for your beta character, as per the instructions above, just press the letter "l" to directly enter the "level up" screen. 

Plant / energy / ice dominator

T4 intuition radial, T4 degen interface, T4 melee core hybrid, T4 ageless core destiny, no judgment or lore or other pets used, no clicky accolades, amplifiers, or temp powers used, yellow inspirations used for trapdoor run, no other insps used.  

Pylon:   3:08, 332 DPS

Trapdoor:   7:00 even (still stumble through these runs, could be noticeably quicker in more experienced and skillful hands)

- 1 pylon defeat and 1 trapdoor run

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(13), TchofDth-Dam%(9)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 6: Spore Burst -- FrtHyp-Sleep(A), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(15), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(21), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(37), FrtHyp-Plct%(15)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(17), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(23), CrcPrs-Conf%(34)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(31), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(21)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(34), GldArm-ResDam(31)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), TraoftheH-Dam%(50)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Hct-Dam%(40), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(40)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(36), Rct-Def(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dam%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 41: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(42), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(43)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------

• Like 1

fire / energy / ice  dominator

T4 musculature core, T4 degen interface, T4 melee core hybrid, T4 ageless core destiny, no judgment or lore or other pets used, no clicky accolades, amplifiers, or temp powers used, yellow inspirations used for trapdoor run, no other insps used.  

Pylon:   2:20, 402 DPS

Trapdoor:   7:35 (Could be noticeably smoother and quicker, but still with less stumbling than plant / energy / ice)

Comparison to plant / energy ice dominator, given one post higher ...

Single target damage was noticeably higher with this build, compared to plant / energy / ice. A procc'd up char was the key reason for that, as it has a shorter cast time than bone smasher (which was used for the plant / energy / ice build). A slightly more damaging alpha incarnate for this build also provided a small-ish DPS boost. 

Even though AOE damage felt decent overall for this build, for the trapdoor run there were more leftover mobs for this character that needed single target clean-up. It would seem that hot feet and fire cages don't synergize with sleet as well as seeds and creepers do. 

For safety, at least for this content and these builds plant seems to outperform fire. Seeds and creepers were just better at reducing incoming damage than comparable controls on fire, even when using bonfire. Hoarfrost was needed twice for this build, versus only once for the plant / energy / ice build. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Fire Control

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(27), UnbCns-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(34), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34), GldNet-Dam%(34)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(3), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 4: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(7)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(15), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(15), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(17)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(23), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(39), Rct-Def(39)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(33), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(33)
Level 30: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(33), GldArm-End/Res(37)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dam%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(46)
Level 41: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(46), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Dmg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(50), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this. 🙂

I think Plant has a special advantage in this style of run, because its Confuse power contributes to kill time. Whether this translates to real world dominance over Fire Control I'm not sure, but it definitely helps it in speed runs. It also helps that in this very specific mission the goal is a straight line, so Carrion Creepers can keep up. Plant can lose significant damage on tangled maps and actually can get itself in trouble in the few pieces of content where scout-sassination is the ideal tactic.

I'll try this on a few characters later. Speed running stuff is not really my style so I am not sure I'm the best person to try it, but I can give it my best shot.

I ran Trapdoor on my Elec/Psi/Psi main and came up with a completion time over 11 minutes, almost 12 minutes depending on how you measure it.

Video here for any who want to see specifics:

Mind you, this is a build intentionally built to be able to tank through difficult-ish spawns without taking melee or ranged damage, hence relatively high stats to both but not optimized for procs. Psi Assault is known to be a lowish damage set, so the numbers aren't that surprising to me.

Speed running is particularly not a feature of this particular combo. I have no real alpha breaker other than the Sleep patch. Dropping in on enemies from above with SF running means bracing for an immediate counter attack. However, if even some Blasters seem to be running and surviving this mission it should theoretically be okay.

I wasn't sure if the intention was to use iPowers and inspirations or not. I completely forgot about that limitation at the start and used a bunch, then later on remembered and stopped, so it;s not a fair assessment. I'm not sure how much the inspirations really helped or hurt though, until the final battle...

Realizing I was waaaaaay behind the clock, for the last battle I did something that makes no sense for a solo Electric Dominator and rushes the Elite Boss, pulling the mob behind me. Nothing about the tactic made sense except in the context of timers, though perhaps it simulates better what happens in team play. Anyway, with no controls on him, Defenses ebbed and a pack of enemies chasing me, Trapdoor opened fired and *damn near* killed me, even with the Defenses I still had. At that point I had to eat two greens or I was out. I was able to get the fight under control without too much trouble. You can see how long it takes to burn the elite boss down rotating Psi Assault's three best Single Target Attacks. His endurance is drained, and he is held, so few chances of him breaking free and hurting me, but definiitely not good conditions for speed running something.

I don't have a Mid's build that's a perfect match to the live build, but it should be fairly close to this:

image.thumb.png.057626d4f84a269074111032aac333f1.png

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Electric Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Tesla Cage -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(17), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(25), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Hct-Dam%(43)
Level 4: Telekinetic Thrust -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(15), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(17), GldStr-%Dam(43)
Level 6: Chain Fences -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(7), PwrTrns-EndMod(9), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(9), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(11), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(13)
Level 8: Conductive Aura -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(34), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(34)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Static Field -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(33), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(33), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34)
Level 14: Teleport Target -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Paralyzing Blast -- BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- Empty(A), Empty(21), Empty(23), Empty(23)
Level 22: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(37), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(40), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25)
Level 26: Synaptic Overload -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(27), CrcPrs-Conf(27), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(29), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(29), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 30: Fold Space -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg(39), Obl-Acc/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Psionic Tornado -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48)
Level 47: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(3)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1408;664;1328;HEX;|
|78DA6593594F135114C7EF74A6D69696B694BD4069A50B142BF809342C894B93223|
|EAA75ACA54E523BA4331AF9186EF12BA8D12735E2F61D5C505F7CF1D5044159C4B8|
|D4D3F99F0B182699F9CDFDCFD9EE3977F2D726FD7373D34784129CA8EA96559C342|
|F1B35DD36EBEEBC5E314AAAA0CB437762FB4371C2ACD975B39A9BAA964B76DD2849|
|21BE6372D4B2F42B553B57B00CB34616BC16BE82498EB3F3E5F2C536E7F574B95A9|
|E37EBB66E9361C091A68DCA25DBA855C2CEEA58EDAA6119178CAA612FC4A6E68DD2|
|76CCBC6ED9E5FA022AAE34D376539D83747F0F09793554B1E412A25F13A1F760F70|
|770E023E851778C35F15013625C13230FC0D1BBE0C17BCCFBE07E72521438B995DB|
|105DB740ED26F306B8EF3A07CDBA1C7AC95995CE6AA1D95C4DF867C0D653CC5930F|
|4598573065CA3BDB9A5B37B93336C7059ABCC6FA06F0DF4AF831BE4EC616797E70B|
|C4F83273054CD0B8BDDC10C59B1588C4DCA4082DFCD1DDF20A350DBC04071799CF9|
|8CFC1F80B30499103EC2C025188291283520C7E428B7E509AB09C609827D6C6936C|
|E349B6F304FD142842F3708C230DBA44BBF3ECDCF554284D878CD8C14D1FE2A6A7B|
|9E9C3DC74958CBBB84F4A57F3AD79700EA3E02DAAAD47B6A04747C1BDE79967C0BE|
|B3CC73E04011D4287254468E76283855EDA0DA4989642BFA7BD1F10079C4D843C4D|
|8A3954A49C853905882E58177CCB7CC37E0D06BE6386A089273526E2029780C0D7C|
|4CFD62FE06D37F987FC1048D25238F5086CB190E3323608A8CB232437611E9479F3|
|21F81871E339F305D6E944DCE39B9E11C671822718C4575EC276A1EDF62AE333740|
|9AE0F62FDDE8DBB568AEE92C9CDC2B15341C2047521C69D927A426ADBEEE9556FE9|
|38ED35B5A13ABBB4445DC41E75CFCB39E18A1ADC8EAFE0157AEEF46|

I mentioned in the Elec/Psi thread that I've been working on a more damage-leaning build for my Elec/Psi better suited for situations where the extra Defense is less needed and more procs can be slipped in. If I can get that build set up I'll try a run for comparison.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I tried Darl/Psi/Ice. It came in around 9:30 depending on where you start and stop the clock. I didn't double back to make sure every single thing died so I may have left behind too many enemies to make it a suitable run. I'm positive a person better equipped with a "speed run" mentality could get through this faster.

I ended up using inspirations. It felt too unnatural not to. I realize armored characters often don't use them in their testing. But armored characters come from a different world entirely, where they don't have to play moment by moment and honestly could probably still finish the mission after pouring a pitcher of water on the keyboard.

I think this run really shows off some of the big challenges Dominators face in the "real" game. Mobs just don't tend to stand around waiting to get hit by a big mezz. One real issue here is that a more logical thing to do would be to aggro enemies at the tops of tunnels and then leap down rather than fight and then leap, but the nature of controls works in reverse of that. 

Interestingly, due to the nature of this mission, the Elec/Psi felt much safer than the Dark/Psi. Partly that was because that build is more familiar to me, but also because of Electric's drains and sleep patches adding some security. Dark/Psi killed the packs a lot faster though, in part due to being able to use Sleet (since there's no Sleep to worry about interrupting) and more proccing on the attacks. I know from experience that's just the nature of this mission though. Real life encounters aren't built the way this is, and hugging up close to a bunch of IDF is likely to get a robot dropped on your head.

I had the Dom ATO slotted in Fearsome Stare here like it is on my other Dark builds but with this being a Drain Psyche build the proc may be going wasted there. The build could use some overall tuning to balance its cone/pbaoe approach.

I actually died twice trying this too. This is a video of the third run. The second death was mostly just latency. But the overall pressure is definitely harsher with Dark/Psi.

This was the build used:

image.thumb.png.9a7d26f279c516a327b96b3efcc4d4b1.png

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7), TchofDth-Dam%(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(9), GldStr-%Dam(11)
Level 4: Telekinetic Thrust -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(13), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(15)
Level 6: Possess -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(17), CrcPrs-Conf(17), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(21)
Level 8: Fearsome Stare -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(23), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(25)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 12: Heart of Darkness -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(27), CldSns-%Dam(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(29), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(31), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 16: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(33)
Level 18: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(34), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(34), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(46)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Teleport Target -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(36), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(36), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36)
Level 28: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 30: Fold Space -- DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(A)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(37), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dam%(A), Obl-%Dam(42), Erd-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(43), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 41: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(43)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-Acc/Dam(48), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(50), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(50)
Level 49: Hoarfrost -- DS:DSyncHealRech(A), DS:DSyncHealRech(50)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
------------

|MxDz;1409;675;1350;HEX;|
		|78DA6594594F135114C7EF746668594A29B4145AB6160B5DA002EF261A908440932|
		|6181F8C5AC73AD409B5D3744623F14318B737FD1EAE0F7E028DE2F2E08B6FBE08B8|
		|C4C444ADC7F99F6B359D74FAEB3DDB3DF79C735BBCBAD2B7B5B57A5428A1E59AE13|
		|8E515FB9255375CBBA9178DAA5551053D7E7A537F15E565BBEE36ED5A61C5686ED7|
		|4DF26141B26D72CC718CCB35B750722CBB6E55E45AF4946C72DC6C98E685A0F773D|
		|5AA5E74AD7A35ECADD6EA572CC73A6FD52C7767D0939C306B66C36EBA864B81E2C7|
		|1B56A5B05631CB45C371CDE64E3BDB114A718ADE1F31FA52FE242D5AAAD8F50931A|
		|E09DF1BE66B507B0BFABDD3C1983EF488802ADD454B574E116635D1B54D5C2496B1|
		|0E6C611DA8823D19D5633741E5CD7535EF833207F66599EF61DC9FC1BA7F16FC459|
		|9EB7267DD8070E01CF33438788679168C94C1560C5DF29CFD4FB043E43138FC88F9|
		|101C79C0BC0FA6C8B39BD356BAF338539C29A8B2BD3272AF80477C0F051CFBC0BC0|
		|6E3890DA433B10E2A1439C8CE5AF08E06E56D70EA16F326387F030C925348A6138A|
		|2A30FA29BC9D545286A532BC84749231C553F6D17248F1FAD7528722AC8C32AF23A|
		|7F922226A1429CA914494B74993302685B1043C7D5482513953A33C53D3AF983C53|
		|D33C53331421212324DE614F7598745238BE446DD654A152D849392D935F6179E80|
		|B739F7900CE7CE2EC3FF3D4506A29D996D42ECA3FF392F9029C7DC67CCE9CC38142|
		|84B4744E1F41C42CF736CBBDCD724F7377D196DC3D70242C44869D950C4F49EE293|
		|90D692241CABC2C559E8B3A17610E30BF63A731322EC8021402BA273CEC67AA4C0D|
		|5CD4995D609C9C17E4202CE451D245664A6B5FECD698D671CB373A4525AD7DF185E|
		|2893EF6B4FF4BD86AAF53B4FF8F48112779B89238E2C17FF6DF50C1F51CA52EB3FB|
		|0DFB24D5D6|

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I tried a revised version of Elec/Psi rerolled with the APP pool as /Soul. I also refocused some of the attacks on some extra procs to boost kill times a bit more.

It went faster. The drop in safety was also notable. This time, I didn't eat any inspirations unless they were absolutely needed (which they were, a few times,a s noted below).

At one point I dropped in on a group and realized only after the fact that the AoE hold wasn't on my bar. 😮 I did live through it, but you can see in real time what my thought process when in that moment when I went hunting thru the menus for it lol.

I also realized after the fact that the build was just shy of permadom. Domination dropped towards the end, I tried to power thru as best I could. Still that final battle versus Trapdoor was a complete mezz. I got mezzed by the pack by the door, someone didn't die, but did have to eat a few inspirations to come back.

This build has Gremlins, for the bonuses mainly. They survived for a while, which is what tells me conditions in this mission are nothing like most difficult content. Gremlins in a typical radio mission won't last past the first x8+4 spawn.

Depending on where you stop or start the timer and what you consider complete, I'd say this was around a 9:00 to 9:30 run. Keeping in mind once again that the player behind this has never gotten a medal on the ski chalet slopes.

image.thumb.png.b7456cdd4145b300438eacd0d4460372.png

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Electric Control
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Tesla Cage -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(7), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7), TchofDth-Dam%(9), GldStr-%Dam(9), Hct-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Telekinetic Thrust -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(15), GldStr-%Dam(15)
Level 6: Chain Fences -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(17), PwrTrns-EndMod(17), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(19), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(19), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(21)
Level 8: Conductive Aura -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(21), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(23)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 12: Static Field -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(25), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(27), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(29)
Level 14: Teleport Target -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Paralyzing Blast -- BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(29), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(31), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(31), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(33), DS:DSyncHealRech(33)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 26: Synaptic Overload -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(34), CrcPrs-Conf(34), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(34), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(36), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Fold Space -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Gremlins -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(37), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(43)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(43), TtnCtn-EndRdx(45), TtnCtn-ResDam(50)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(48), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(48), Avl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Avl-Acc/Dmg(50), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(5)
------------

|MxDz;1408;673;1346;HEX;|
		|78DA6594596F125114C7EF3033B294A51BDDA0B4A0B4089516DFDC124D97C428098|
		|A8F2A8E38C58923D3305363BF85BE68FC1E2E75FB0E2E555F7CF1CDD4B474D7BE88|
		|877BCE2D364C203FEEFFDE73EEB9E73F97FCC319FFFCFCDC792685A64DCDB64B33D|
		|67DA3AA39564DCD6B15A32C3378DCF04D1C4C94A6ADAA53B3CCECACA9979D9A5116|
		|42BCB5E4826D6B8BA6932DD8865585153466BE820581C5055DBFD3CD7F5ED34D7DC|
		|1AA399A030B035C9A332A771DA35AE9E2A38BD507866DDC364CC3598ACC2E18E56C|
		|6B97A2B56896F29AEDE8B5A501A87114BE5B9D4C3C0D99ADB8181B5698EB0BF12B5|
		|2F98674CBADC5F081877940924852A50A605C6147E68139E03DA4A784BA2725F3B1|
		|2FE3E2F4C2509628582E34DB06935790FEABC42232F803838394641B2A5745B0BAA|
		|770B17397B881ECDE246E237B7790BB10ECA660977B9526D7907D7564028CF4D222|
		|C99BC1B3F411F72043873878C77BAC69E01D711939F49AF806197D8B4C42E680686|
		|42082E21888212186BE638B7EC3365DC29F2EF2234A3EC5C8A718F9E387443D12F7|
		|A321F7F462DA5818399A97901995314566126C1716DB85B9993248FDE2C0FD2729A|
		|EA940F23F50C9A038F0A086E5C56F11AF136F208FDE2496900A648E506616096325|
		|721F2416150C0F615FF7619B1161EBC80EA5D9461EAB1337889BC8B12D64104A4E8|
		|8E0C40A661CFB4CFC841CFF48FC40CC61700882932238790EC5E367896788A791E9|
		|5344865D7A044851B09CDA47319DC6834E4C227359E46398CE88566696B18C89578|
		|CF779E2058E4FBC243E27BA54CE9F7EC6208F8F0767D7D1F9C955E22FE2337C8573|
		|4F887FB1DC00F830257C98221FE0721D5CEB465469BBE397DBA582D2BAF64CE2D25|
		|AB322E9D0AAF576A97E488ACBFC7F61E33F51624FE995A12B7D290D258BEAFE017B|
		|7DE6F0|

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As a bit of information that may help to give some context to trapdoor times, it was offered up in that thread that 8 minutes or less is an excellent time for clearing trapdoor runs. That probably reflects both experience at running trapdoor and a build meant to do serious damage. Coming close to 8 minutes with a dominator is very-good-to-excellent, especially if you're still getting used to doing trapdoor runs. As a bit more context, there are a handful of what might be called "hardcore" trapdoor runners who have run it hundreds or maybe even thousands of  times. For those of us who don't do that longer times are a predictable result. Thus, it probably makes more sense to pay relatively little attention to the extremely quick times because they partially reflect experience at trapdoor runs and those time differences in trapdoor runs won't necessarily generalize to all content. 

As a bit more information, the scrapper forum trapdoor runs seem to have the following range of times and mix of ATs (probably missing some things here, as a caveat) ...

Uncommon ...

<4 minutes - There doesn't seem to be many of these and the ones I've noticed tend to be close to 4 minutes long

4 - 5 minutes - proc'd out tanks, proc'd out scrappers with good AOE and probably a taunt aura, and probably the occasional blaster that had a non-faceplant run.

Many runs are in this range ...

5 - 6 minutes - a fire / fire / fire dominator is in this time range (5:35), along with some blasters, plenty of scrappers and tanks, and some stalkers

6 - 8 minutes - a variety of ATs, with single target specialists doing high damage often popping up in this category

Some runs are in this range ...

8 - 12 minutes - a variety of ATs, often a build not optimized for damage, but sometimes an AT / powerset combination that offers low to medium baseline damage, but played well and built to operate near the ceiling of the damage that it can do, while retaining reasonably good defenses. 

Very few (posted) runs are in this range ...

>12 minutes - These completion times tend to generally not get posted in the scrapper thread. There's probably some self selection process at work, as probably these completion times have happened many times. For a dominator a trapdoor run taking this long probably involved one or more defeats, a lot of mistakes, some *really* bad luck, a build that could be made to do noticeably more damage (perhaps an SO build), or some combination of the foregoing. 

A few thoughts ...

Tanks have a big advantage for producing quicker trapdoor runs because of their ability to taunt and their wide area AOEs that can hit up to 16 targets. Similarly scrappers with a taunt aura and good AOE also have an easier time completing quicker trapdoor runs. The main challenge for blasters with high end damage is survival when dealing with the various arachnos debuffs and exotic damage types (psionic, in particular). If survival can be managed well and a blaster can keep the number of runners down, then they can compete with tanks and scrappers for the quickest trapdoor clear times. 

Dominators are probably in the "thick middle" for potential trapdoor clear times, along with a lot of other ATs. Dominators have very good damage multipliers, which helps a lot. Single target damage can be particularly high on dominators, sometimes high enough to compete with blasters, scrappers, and stalkers. But, they often have awkward and late developing attack chains, they struggle to put together consistently strong defenses without sacrificing noticeably on damage, and it's usually challenging to get the kind of strong AOE burst damage on a dominator that substantially shortens trapdoor runs. 

• Like 2

Fire / psi / ice dominator

Pylon: 4:08, 282 DPS

Trapdoor: 8:15

T4 intuition radial alpha and degen core interface boosted damage. Took barrier for destiny and melee core hybrid. No pets were used. Judgment was not used. No insps were used other than yellows to counter blind on the trapdoor run. No amplifiers, temp powers, or clicky accolades were used.

A handful of runners and some bumbling when jumping down inflated the time. Trapdoor gave up quite soon and drain psyche may have helped with that. Barrier was needed at one point because hit points were approaching zero; I had forgotten to engage rune of protection, melee core hybrid, or barrier, and took some hits. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- HO:Nucle(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), GldJvl-Dam%(3), UnbCns-Dam%(5), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(21), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(23)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Telekinetic Thrust -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(17)
Level 6: Fire Cages -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(17), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Rgn-Knock%(45)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(23)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), AbsAmz-Stun(29)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(33), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(33), TchoftheN-%Dam(33), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(34), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(42), GldArm-End/Res(42)
Level 24: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(31), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 26: Bonfire -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27)
Level 28: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Apc-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 41: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(43)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(48), RechRdx-I(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(50), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
------------

• Like 1

Ice / energy / ice dominator

Pylon: 4:08, 282 DPS

Trapdoor: 11:16

T4 intuition radial, T4 degen core, T4 barrier destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used, only insps used were yellows to counter blind on trapdoor run, no clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. 

When comparing to the fire / psi / ice dominator, this build doesn't have psychic shockwave, which mezzes minions. Plus, both arctic air and ice storm both produce fear responses and this build doesn't use an AOE immobilize. These factors contributed to more runners, which slowed down the run. In actual team-based gameplay performance for these builds seems likely to be at least somewhat closer, especially given how their single target damage doesn't seem strongly different and how quickly minions tend to evaporate in team play. 

One idea that wasn't tried out was to put the unique AT +damage IO into total focus, which may have led to higher single target DPS by stacking more +damage buffs than arctic air. 

This build was quite safe because ice control in general and arctic air in particular are very good at slowing down incoming damage, once alpha has been taken. The sleep power was very helpful for quickly shutting down any cluster of mobs plinking away at range. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Ice Control

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(15), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(13), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(13)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(17)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 18: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Arm-Dam%(31), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(21)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(36), Rct-Def(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 24: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46)
Level 26: Glacier -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(31), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(37)
Level 28: Total Focus -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(40), Hct-Dam%(40)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(34), GldArm-ResDam(43)
Level 32: Flash Freeze -- FrtHyp-Sleep(A), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(34), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(33), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(33), FrtHyp-Plct%(34)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dam%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(45)
Level 41: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), RechRdx-I(42), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 50: Knives of Vengeance Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Cardiac Radial Paragon 
------------

• Like 1

earth / dark / soul dominator

Pylon: 4:20, 275 DPS

Trapdoor: 11:05

T4 Intuition radial, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. Animate stone was used for both the pylon defeat and for the trapdoor run. 

This dominator is built to be relatively sturdy. Smash / lethal resists of 75% (with barrier or melee hybrid up) are combined with (usually) boosted unleash potential, barrier core, and melee core hybrid to make for a fairly tough build. Also, life drain recharges every few seconds to help deal with chip damage. This was a safe run, as there was no serious threat posed by the pylon or the trapdoor run mobs. 

The key tradeoff for this build is that damage isn't optimized. Single target damage is decent, but AOE damage is merely OK. So-so AOE damage was influential for the run time given here. To improve AOE damage life drain could be swapped out for obliteration. The build is sturdy enough to make that a reasonable option, although that hasn't been explored (at least not yet). 

Stonegrave: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Earth Control
Secondary Power Set: Dark Assault
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27)
Level 1: Dark Blast -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Smite -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(19), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), TchofDth-Dam%(19)
Level 4: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Apc-Dam%(11), GldJvl-Dam%(39)
Level 6: Quicksand -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(9), Rct-ResDam%(9)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 12: Stalagmites -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(15), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(15)
Level 14: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 16: Gather Shadows -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 18: Earthquake -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(39)
Level 20: Engulfing Darkness -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Acc/Rchg(21), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(23)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 26: Volcanic Gasses -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29)
Level 28: Life Drain -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 30: Weaken Resolve -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(46)
Level 35: Moon Beam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(42), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(46)
Level 47: Mighty Leap -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Unleash Potential -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(50), RechRdx-I(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(25)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(25)
Level 47: Takeoff 
Level 50: Tsoo Radial Superior Ally 
------------

• Like 1

The somewhat slower-than-expected trapdoor run with the earth / dark / soul dominator (the post immediately above) led to the thought that perhaps a tweak could be made to the build to improve AOE without doing much harm to survivability or single target damage. A few other tweaks were also made. In the end, the following changes were made to the build given in the post above ...

1. Animate stone was dropped and replaced by dark obliteration

2. Dark obliteration was given 3 extra slots (4 total). Two superior frozen blast IOs (acc / dam / rech and acc / dam / endred / rech) were added, along with 2 damage procs

3. An extra slot was given to gather shadows and a basic "recharge IO" was put into it and boosted to "+5 levels". 

4. The achilles' heel -res proc was moved from earthquake to weaken resolve (also one more slot was added to weaken resolve). 

5. To replace the achilles' heel -res proc in earthquake a D-synch deceleration IO was inserted (slow, rech, endred)

6. 1 slot was taken from life drain and the two remaining slots were filled with D-synch siphon IOs  (acc / heal)

7. For quicksand the end red basic IO was replaced with a D-synch deceleration IO (slow, rech, endred)

and the results were ...

earth / dark / soul dominator

Pylon: 4:55, 258 DPS

Trapdoor: 8:55

T4 Intuition radial, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. No hybrid incarnate used for either the pylon defeat or the trapdoor run. 

Overall, a modest drop in single target DPS from dropping the pet seems like a fair trade for better AOE.

Adding in dark obliteration helped quite a bit to cut down on needing to single target down several mobs with a sliver of life while AOEs were recharging. Runners still added a noticeable amount of time to the run overall, but less so than for the earlier build. Overall, this noticeably helped to cut down on the trapdoor run time. Also, at one point to speed things up a bit a second spawn was invited over to help saturate AOEs. This build is tough enough to do that and the run would have probably been quicker if it had been done more. 

This trapdoor run offered clear evidence that life drain still has a useful place in the build. One spawn got in a fair number of hits. But, a couple of life drain casts and life regen sorted that out with little delay. Trapdoor got in two big hits, which were fortunately spaced out with several seconds between them. The first big hit reduced hit points by about 3/4 all on its own. But, a handful of castings of a quick-recharging life drain (one boosted with gather shadows) and life regen healed up of both of those hits without needing any inspirations. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, Avyanna-Torchbearer said:

GAH!!! I was so excited to see this thread and was hoping to see a dark/dark dom build and ya left me hangin'! lol

We have a figure of 353 DPS (IIRC) from a pylon defeat contributed by Voltak, who was playing a dark / dark dominator; you can find his threads about defeating different AVs with a dark / dark dominator. In fact, his threads are a good starting point for looking at how to put together dominator builds in general and how to play them. 

It would be interesting to see how quickly a dark / dark dominator can clear medium difficulty, high notoriety content, such as a trapdoor run. 

I have a trio of builds to finish up testing and comparing, involving gravity control (2 builds) and fire control (1 build). The assault sets are earth assault (2 builds) and energy assault (1 build). Ice mastery was used for all of them, for easier comparison afterward. The first is completed, and so here it is ...

Gravity / energy / ice dominator

Pylon defeat: 2:50, 353 DPS

Trapdoor run: 8:52

T4 musculature core, T4 degenerative core, T4 ageless core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run.

I was expecting trouble with this build because smash / lethal defenses aren't quite softcapped. And, it turned out that hoarfrost was needed 3 times during the trapdoor run, once for the pylon defeat. 

The pylon defeat showed my relative inexperience with energy assault; in the hands of somebody who has played energy assault more it's highly probable the DPS could have been closer to 400, especially because singularity stayed alive for the whole fight. The trapdoor run wasn't particularly smooth, but not terrible either. I finally figured out partway through that I could build energy focus with total focus, then use the AOE twice in a row. That cleared spawns a bit faster. 

In terms of tactics, for the pylon defeat the sequence for attacks was sleet and power up when they were available, with the single target attack chain consisting of total focus, power burst, sniper blast, lift, repeat, and use power bolt if nothing else was recharged. For trapdoor wormhole was used to group mobs into an easy-to-see location, then crushing field was cast, then sleet, then power up, ice storm, then whirling hands (sometimes total focus before whirling hands, so it could be repeated again right away). Single target attacks were used until an AOE or power up or sleet became available again, in general. 

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(A), Apc-Dmg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), GldJvl-Dam%(7), ExpStr-Dam%(9)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(9), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 10: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(23), Rct-Def(23), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 24: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(37), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(40), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(33), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(33)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(31), GldArm-ResDam(31)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dam%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 41: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(42), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

• Like 1

For a more direct comparison, only the assault set is swapped for this next test run, compared to the prior post ...

Gravity / earth / ice dominator (Earth Smash!)

Pylon defeat: 2:41, 366 DPS

Trapdoor run: 11:05

T4 musculature core, T4 degenerative core, T4 ageless core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. 

Single target damage seems quite good for earth assault, at least for this one pylon defeat. Singularity helped out by staying alive the full time against the pylon, though, which would have influenced in the pylon defeat time. Earth assault feels a bit light for AOE damage and that shows up quite clearly in the trapdoor time. Between the 10 target limit for fissure, the low DPA for tremor, and the low DPS for mud pots, perhaps AOE damage can't be brought to a place that significantly speeds up clearing +4x8 content without heavy proc usage and a lot of emphasis on increasing recharge.  

The trapdoor run was actually more dangerous for this dominator than for the gravity / energy / ice dominator, despite better defenses for this one. A bit of bad luck with debuffs and hits brought hit points to under 1/4, at one point, with hoarfrost, wormhole, and gravity distortion field still recharging and with both melee core hybrid and rune of protection both recharging. It was pretty much the worst case scenario for this build, in terms of having key defensive powers and the most potent AOE controls all unavailable for about 20ish seconds.  This dom survived that by engaging melee core hybrid when it (finally!) recharged and ultimately life was near full again before the next spawn. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Earth Assault

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(A), Apc-Dmg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), ExpStr-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Stone Spears -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(9)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13)
Level 10: Hurl Boulder -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15), Apc-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(17)
Level 14: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(19), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(19), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25)
Level 20: Heavy Mallet -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(29), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(29), TchofDth-Dam%(31)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(33), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(33), Rct-Def(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Seismic Smash -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(A), Hct-Dmg(37), Hct-Dam%(37), UnbCns-Dam%(39), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(39), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(39)
Level 30: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), RechRdx-I(40), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(40)
Level 38: Fissure -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(50), GldArm-ResDam(50)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
------------

• Like 1

This is the third of a trio of closely related builds to report about. 

Fire / earth / ice dominator

Pylon defeat: 4:05, 284 DPS

Trapdoor run: 9:00

Key changes here are that this build has no pets and it has hot feet to help out with AOE damage. Also, the +damage AT IO is in char, and not seismic smash. The pylon defeat took longer, but in exchange the trapdoor clear time noticeably improved. Randomness associated with single runs may account for some of the differences in times across the builds. But, there does seem likely to be some practical effect from build differences, nonetheless. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Earth Assault

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- HO:Nucle(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), NrnSht-Dam%(5), GldJvl-Dam%(5), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(7)
Level 1: Stone Spears -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Rgn-Knock%(43)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Hurl Boulder -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Dam%(17), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(19)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(15), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(15)
Level 14: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(34), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36)
Level 20: Heavy Mallet -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(23), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(36), GldArm-ResDam(36)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27)
Level 28: Seismic Smash -- HO:Nucle(A), Hct-Dmg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Hct-Dam%(31), UnbCns-Dam%(31), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(31)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 35: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 38: Fissure -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(42), ShlWal-Def(43)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
------------

• Like 1

Under the "this seems sorta kinda interesting, might as well put it here" category, a gravity / storm / psi controller did about as well as some dominators in the pylon defeat / trapdoor run test. But, it still seems decent for a controller. Information given below:

Gravity / storm / psi controller

Pylon defeat: 2:41, 390 DPS

Trapdoor run: 11:14

The fluid single target attack chain and all the helpers (freezing rain, tornado, lightning storm, singularity) made the trapdoor run feel both busy and smooth, even though it wasn't quick.

This build loves recharge not only for the storm powers, but also for key defensive powers and to have controls ready when damage starts to come in too fast. For example, one of the mixed council / arachnos spawns got this character to about 20% hit points before wormhole and melee hybrid recharged, which helped to firm things up. With ranged defense not being softcapped, mezzing mobs and good resists / regen are particularly important for survivability.

The Last Psion: Level 50 Mutation Controller
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 1: Gale -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(7)
Level 6: Propel -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(15), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(19)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(9), Artl-Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(11), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(11), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(13)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(21), Rct-Def(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), DS:DSyncEndRes(45)
Level 14: Arcane Bolt -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(36), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(46)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(37)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(45)
Level 24: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 26: Wormhole -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(34)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 35: Tornado -- SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(39), RechRdx-I(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), RechRdx-I(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 41: Indomitable Will -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(46)
Level 47: Psionic Tornado -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 49: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(37), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
Level 22: Arcane Power 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Run-I(A)
Level 50: Ion Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Carnival Radial Superior Ally 
------------

• Like 1

Fire assault is well known for its potentially very high single target damage. Thus, plant, fire and mind primaries will be paired with fire assault and either fire or ice masteries in a set of tests. Gravity / fire may also be added into the mix, and perhaps dark / fire. 

The first test was a plant / fire / fire dominator

Pylon defeat: 4:42, 264 DPS, plus 1 "failed" pylon defeat, 5:46, 239 DPS

Trapdoor run: 6:52 

- 2 pylon defeats, 1 trapdoor run

T4 Intuition radial, T4 degenerative core, T4 ageless core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. Fly trap was used for both the pylon defeat and for the trapdoor run. 

Key aspects of this build were (just barely) softcapped ranged defense paired with hover and fly, for a hover-blasting ranged dominator. But, defenses beyond that were a bit more brittle against receiving a series of hits than quite a few other builds in this thread. Also, all those ranged defense set bonuses came at a price to damage, which showed up in the pylon defeat time. 

The pylon defeats were challenging for this build. In fact, for the first pylon defeat life almost hit zero after a series of consecutive pylon hits while melee core hybrid was recharging. So, to stay alive it became necessary to hide behind a wall and use rest, which substantially inflated the pylon defeat time. That pylon defeat should probably be deemed a "failed" effort because the time spent resting meant it wasn't a good test of single target DPS. Even during the second run regular refreshing of spirit tree and rotating melee core hybrid were needed to avoid using inspirations or to hide at some point. That probably inflated the defeat time, at least somewhat. The single target attack chain was embrace of fire (as soon as it is available), blaze, blazing bolt, fire blast, fireball, blaze, fire blast, ... with flares as a filler if everything else was on cooldown. 

It was unexpected and a bit confusing that the pylon seemed to hit so often against softcapped ranged damage. But, perhaps the pylon tests against AOE damage instead of ranged, as it hit noticeably more often than not. Edit:  jojogladco pointed to a resource showing that it is, indeed, AOE damage defenses that the pylon tests against. So, my expectation that softcapped ranged defense would matter was clearly wrong. That's probably a *big* part of why the trapdoor run was so much smoother than the pylon defeat.      

Trapdoor, in contrast to the pylon defeat, was breezy and easy. There were no dangerous moments for that run. Even with plenty of driver mistakes along the way the clear time would probably be considered reasonably good for most ATs and builds; a better executed run could have shaved off a noticeable amount of time. 

Overall, this seems like a good team build, even though it may not be one of the better choices available for soloing harder content. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Assault
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(5), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(7)
Level 1: Flares -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 2: Roots -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 4: Fire Breath -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(17), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(9)
Level 10: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15), Rct-ResDam%(13), Rct-Def(45)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Embrace of Fire -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(34), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(A), JvlVll-Dam%(31), PstBls-Dam%(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), TraoftheH-Dam%(33)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(34), ShlWal-Def(31)
Level 30: Consume -- EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(40)
Level 35: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Blaze -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Fire Ball -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 47: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Spirit Tree -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29)
Level 50: Storm Elemental Radial Superior Ally 
Level 22: Afterburner 
------------

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Fire assault is well known for its potentially very high single target damage. Thus, plant, fire and mind primaries will be paired with fire assault and either fire or ice masteries in a set of tests. Gravity / fire may also be added into the mix, and perhaps dark / fire. 

The first test was a plant / fire / fire dominator

Pylon defeat: 4:42, 264 DPS, plus 1 "failed" pylon defeat, 5:46, 239 DPS

Trapdoor run: 6:52 

- 2 pylon defeats, 1 trapdoor run

T4 Intuition radial, T4 degenerative core, T4 ageless core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. Fly trap was used for both the pylon defeat and for the trapdoor run. 

Key aspects of this build were (just barely) softcapped ranged defense paired with hover and fly, for a hover-blasting ranged dominator. But, defenses beyond that were a bit more brittle against receiving a series of hits than quite a few other builds in this thread. Also, all those ranged defense set bonuses came at a price to damage, which showed up in the pylon defeat time. 

The pylon defeats were challenging for this build. In fact, for the first pylon defeat life almost hit zero after a series of consecutive pylon hits while melee core hybrid was recharging. So, to stay alive it became necessary to hide behind a wall and use rest, which substantially inflated the pylon defeat time. That pylon defeat should probably be deemed a "failed" effort because the time spent resting meant it wasn't a good test of single target DPS. Even during the second run regular refreshing of spirit tree and rotating melee core hybrid were needed to avoid using inspirations or to hide at some point. That probably inflated the defeat time, at least somewhat. The single target attack chain blaze, blazing bolt, fire blast, fireball, blaze, fire blast, ... with flares as a filler if everything else was on cooldown. 

It was unexpected and a bit confusing that the pylon seemed to hit so often against softcapped ranged damage. But, perhaps the pylon tests against AOE damage instead of ranged, as it hit noticeably more often than not. 

Trapdoor, in contrast to the pylon defeat, was breezy and easy. There were no dangerous moments for that run. Even with plenty of driver mistakes along the way the clear time would probably be considered reasonably good for most ATs and builds; a better executed run could have shaved off a noticeable amount of time. 

Overall, this seems like a good team build, even though may not be one of the better choices available for soloing harder content. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Assault
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(5), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(7)
Level 1: Flares -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 2: Roots -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 4: Fire Breath -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(17), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(9)
Level 10: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15), Rct-ResDam%(13), Rct-Def(45)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Embrace of Fire -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(34), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(A), JvlVll-Dam%(31), PstBls-Dam%(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), TraoftheH-Dam%(33)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(34), ShlWal-Def(31)
Level 30: Consume -- EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(40)
Level 35: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Blaze -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Fire Ball -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 47: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Spirit Tree -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29)
Level 50: Storm Elemental Radial Superior Ally 
Level 22: Afterburner 
------------

Pylon Swam Missiles are AOE and Lethal. https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=rikti.war_zone_pylon.swarm_missile  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
7 hours ago, Almighty Magic said:

Before I retired my Dom 4:55 trapdoor run. Did not do a recorded pylon and I don't remember what my pylon time was. It wasn't elite I do remember that.

Well executed run!

It's good to see how rain of fire adds noticeably to clear speed. It seems to pair very nicely with roots. 

It would seem that the two good AOEs in fire mastery make it a strong pick for clearing most content and a particularly good match for the strong single target damage of fiery assault. 

15 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Well executed run!

It's good to see how rain of fire adds noticeably to clear speed. It seems to pair very nicely with roots. 

It would seem that the two good AOEs in fire mastery make it a strong pick for clearing most content and a particularly good match for the strong single target damage of fiery assault. 

Honestly roots has more of a clear speed effect than Rain does. Not that Rain doesn't do its thing but roots spammed with the orb pet will clear mobs super fast along with everything else.

• Thanks 1

Almighty Magic inspired me to test out roots + fiery orb. After testing out that combination all I can say is "wow!" Even without fire mastery AOEs roots + fiery orb is very strong. 

plant / dark / ice dominator

Pylon defeat: 3:27, 313 DPS

Trapdoor run: 7:05

T4 intuition radial alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 ageless core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. 

The pylon defeat required a use of hoarfrost and a casting of life drain. Mixing in defensive skills such as melee core hybrid and rune of protection better simulated single target damage during actual solo gameplay. Naturally, doing that (to avoid inspiration use) meant that the peak of single target damage when defensively buffed by teammates wasn't reached. Single target DPS was still in a pretty good place, though.

The trapdoor run was a fumbly bumbly affair with probably 20+ seconds lost just on failed attempts to jump down to the next level. Hoarfrost was needed once in the middle of all the fumbling that happened. There has to be at least a minute or perhaps more that could be shaved off with better execution.

Overall, this seems like a capable build for most content. It has reasonably good layered defenses, including two heals. It does both superior single target damage and very good AOE damage. It also brings sleet to teams, which debuffs mob defense and their resistances.  

The build used for both tests reported higher up is given further down ... 

Edit & PS: T4 barrier core destiny was tried earlier. But, endurance issues required too much attention and so ageless core was chosen instead. But, after doing the runs above a handful of build tweaks were carried out, replacing the generic recharge IOs in gather shadows and sleet with level 53 deceleration D-synch IOs. Also, one level 53 D-synch Siphon IO (Acc / heal / absorb) was replaced by a Touch of the Nictus Acc / End / Heal / Absorb IO. Endurance management became more manageable for the pylon defeat after that. Endurance was still a bit touch and go a couple of times. And yet, somehow with T4 barrier core replacing ageless core the pylon defeat time slightly shortened to 201 seconds (319 DPS). That seems likely to have been driven in part by getting a bit more practice in leading to improvements at managing the single target attack rotation. Luck probably also played some role.  Still, before taking this build combo in-game with barrier core destiny it might be good to test out endurance management first. 

Voidvine: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Dark Assault

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Dark Blast -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Smite -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 4: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Apc-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(19)
Level 6: Roots -- HO:Nucle(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(33), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(40)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(37), CrcPrs-Conf%(17)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(29)
Level 16: Gather Shadows -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Engulfing Darkness -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(21), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(36), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(36)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(23)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(25), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), TraoftheH-Dam%(27), PstBls-Dam%(31), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(33)
Level 28: Life Drain -- DS:DSyncHealAcc(A), DS:DSyncHealAcc(29)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(33), Rct-Def(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 35: Moon Beam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(40), GldJvl-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(43), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def(46)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(25)
------------

• Like 1