Pylon times and Trapdoor runs for dominators - Let's generate some data

EnjoyTheJourney

This is a follow-up on the previous post. After more tweaks to manage endurance, the build tested (and given below) swapped out ageless core destiny and took barrier core destiny instead. The improvement in survivability is very good from having barrier, instead of ageless. The trapdoor run was 7:05 with the revised build given below. Still not used to this combination, still plenty of mistakes, but not quite a fumbly as the previous one with ageless core destiny. Endurance wasn't an issue when running this, which was a very good thing to find. For reference, the build is given below:

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Voidvine: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Dark Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Dark Blast -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Smite -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 4: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Apc-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(19)
Level 6: Roots -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(33), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(40)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(37), CrcPrs-Conf%(17)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(29)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Gather Shadows -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(17)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Engulfing Darkness -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(21), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(36), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(36)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(23)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(25), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(27), TraoftheH-Dam%(27), PstBls-Dam%(31), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(33)
Level 28: Life Drain -- DS:DSyncHealAcc(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(29)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(33), Rct-Def(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 35: Moon Beam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(40), GldJvl-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(43), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Sleet -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(42)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def(46)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(25)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1

Below are results for another build that explores the value of fiery orb (and arctic air as a home for fiery orb). 

Ice / Ice / Ice dominator (This is what happens when an ice cream truck driver goes bad!)

Pylon defeat: 3:34, 307 DPS

Trapdoor run: 8:38, plus another run of 10:26 due to a Big Blunder

- 1 pylon defeat and 2 trapdoor runs

T4 cardiac core alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. 

Given the primary and secondary, which are not known for delivering high damage, the pylon defeat time was a pleasant surprise. The incarnate choices also didn't lead to an expectation of higher damage either. Most likely procs and sleet were the keys to being able to break 300 DPS for this particular primary and secondary. Still, the attack chain wasn't executed as well as it could be, as usual, because I'm not great at that. So, the build given below probably has a higher single target damage ceiling through better attack chain execution. Also, defensive skills were used when needed and that lowered DPS. Thus, it's not likely that 300+ DPS was a fluke. 

The first trapdoor run took 10:26 because it basically went off the rails when I accidentally took domination off "auto-cast" and didn't notice until after it dropped and my dom was mezzed. Rune of protection, barrier, and melee core all happened to not be available to click on when my dom got mezzed; barrier was in the "low buffs" part of its cycle. So, it wasn't the best situation in which to try to recover. The underlying build was tough enough that it survived (although just barely) and ultimately rebuilt domination. Naturally arctic air and chilling embrace both dropped, but I forgot about re-toggling them until about 2 spawns later. 🙄

The second trapdoor run was also pretty fumbly wumbly stuff, but not on the same level as the first. It took 8:38, with most of the extra time needed being due to mobs running away and me doing such things as repeatedly trying to use melee attacks while standing too far away from mobs 😏. Fiery orb was quite helpful for speeding up the run; ice sword circle and chilling embrace could never have taken down those large spawns as fast on their own. 

This is a tough, relatively safe build overall; it could lead a team in most settings just fine, whether there was a tank available or not.

It felt good to see such a classic thematic combination perform decently well in-game. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Icy Assault

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Ice Sword -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(13), ImpSwf-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Ice Sword Circle -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dam%(42), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(17), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(21)
Level 8: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Ice Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33), GldJvl-Dam%(34)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(34)
Level 16: Power Up -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(19)
Level 18: Flash Freeze -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 22: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(23), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 26: Glacier -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34)
Level 28: Chilling Embrace -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(36), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(43)
Level 35: Ice Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(37), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(39), CldSns-%Dam(39), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(39), Apc-Dam%(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 47: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def(48)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(50), GldArm-End/Res(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Mighty Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------

• Like 1

Tried out a different pairing with ice control and the Trapdoor run results were surprising. 

Ice / energy / ice dominator

Pylon defeat: 3:12, 328 DPS

Trapdoor run: 10:36

- 1 pylon defeat and 1 trapdoor run

T4 cardiac core alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run. 

The pylon run was marred by some bad execution, especially in the first 30 seconds. Most likely 328 DPS is an under-estimate of the single target damage potential of the build. Basic strategy was to drop sleet right whenever it was up, toggle on enflame whenever it was up and sleet wasn't available, and use power up as soon as it was ready and the first two powers mentioned weren't already available. For single target attacks the order was total focus, power burst, bone smasher, snipe, repeat. When a gap occasionally appeared in the single target chain it was usually power bolt that got used. 

The trapdoor run was unexpectedly slow. Letting mobs live as long as they did led to needing hoarfrost once, but otherwise the run was very safe. It probably slowed down a lot because of mob scatter in reaction to arctic air, given that there was no AOE immobilizer to limit their movement. There were a lot of runners, many with a sliver of life left, who needed to be taken down one by one with single target attacks. That didn't happen as much with the ice / ice / ice dominator run because chilling embrace and arctic air work together to make mobs basically crawl when they try to run away.  

Regarding enflame, including it was an experiment to see if AOE could be noticeably improved by having an auto-attack power working away in the background while in melee range. I'm not sure if the approach to slotting enflame was good or not and it wasn't easy to tell if it was really helping or not. If enflame has a fear effect then that could help to explain how long the trapdoor run took.

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(13), TchofDth-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(17), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(21)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 10: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(15), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(17), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(34)
Level 16: Power Up -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(19)
Level 18: Flash Freeze -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(42), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(25), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 26: Glacier -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(31), Mk'Bit-Dam%(47)
Level 30: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36)
Level 32: Enflame -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(33), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(34)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(39), GldJvl-Dam%(39), Apc-Dam%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 47: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def(48)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
------------

• Like 1

I wanted to tweak an earlier powerset combination to see if fiery orb could improve trapdoor clear times for it.

fire / psi / ice dominator (an earlier version is in the tenth post on page 1 of this thread)

Pylon defeat:  2:19 (385 DPS), 2:42 (365 DPS) (edited, wrong numbers were given here earlier)
Trapdoor run: 8:08, 7:48, defeated, 7:58

- 2 abandoned pylon defeat attempts, 2 successful pylon defeats, and 4 trapdoor runs

T4 intuition radial alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run.

These powersets complement each other well. Sleet allows drain psyche to hit reliably even when mobs have defense buffs. Drain psyche improves recovery enough to allow incarnates to be chosen without regard for improving endurance management, even when running hot feet full time. Thus, a damage-focused alpha can be taken over cardiac, for example, and barrier core destiny can be chosen over ageless. Also, sleet, hot feet and the fast casting animation time for char help to improve the otherwise potentially mediocre damage of psi assault, which is the only assault set that has no damage-boosting power.

Pylons ...

Even with drain psyche the tweaked build initially drank endurance so fast that the first two pylon defeat attempts ended with endurance bottoming out, de-toggling, and retreats from the pylon after being nearly defeated. Multiple build tweaks ensued, bringing endurance management to a much better place. The final two pylon defeat attempts were much smoother and ultimately successful.

As I've gotten more experience playing these powersets single target attack chain execution became less shambolic. This was reflected in the improved pylon defeat times shown above, with 375 average single target DPS across two runs. If defensive powers didn't need to be used in rotation and if single target attack chain execution improved further then this build can probably consistently reach about 400 DPS without any damage buffs from teammates. Sleet, hot feet, and the procs in a fast-animating char are key reasons why single target DPS is in a pretty good place.

Trapdoor …

This dom was defeated in the third trapdoor run after speeding into a mixed arachnos / council spawn without bothering to cast any AOE control other than fire cages and with barrier in the lowest part of its buff cycle. 🙄

For the other three trapdoor runs, clear times didn't improve enough to conclude that using fiery orb was noticeably shortening them. However, minions did seem to drop noticeably quicker, which was a good outcome from incorporating fiery orb. A fair number of lieutenants needed to have a sliver of life removed with a single target attack, for these runs; that didn't seem to be needed as often when using roots / fiery orb.

In the end, DPS from fire cages is probably too far behind the DPS of roots to noticeably move trapdoor run times; the absence of a damage boosting power in psi assault probably contributes further to the DPS limitations of fire cages, in comparison with roots.

Another key limitation on trapdoor clear speed is probably the driver. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting trapdoor runs below 7 minutes on any dominator. But, others are able to do that.

I'm optimistic that in the build given below I've found my favorite dominator combination to play. I'll move it from beta to the live servers and try it out in the coming weeks. 🙂 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), GldJvl-Dam%(3), UnbCns-Dam%(5), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(21), NrnSht-Dam%(23)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Hct-Acc/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Hct-Dam%(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Telekinetic Thrust -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(17)
Level 6: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(17), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(21)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(23)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), AbsAmz-Stun(29)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(33), TchoftheN-Heal(33), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), DS:DSyncEndModRech(34), DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(34)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(42)
Level 24: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(31), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 26: Bonfire -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27)
Level 28: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-Def(43)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Apc-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(47), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Dmg(50)
Level 49: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(50), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Have you tried gravity control at all?

Gravity control tests were reported on page 1. So far the dominator tests done were for gravity / energy / ice and gravity / earth / ice. In case it's of interest to you, there was also a gravity / storm / psi test reported for controllers. 

The short summary about gravity is that single target damage can be in a very good place with gravity as the primary and lift used as part of the single target attack chain. But, to realize that potential there needs to be a good single target attack in the secondary that can accept the unique +damage dominator AT proc IO, as lift cannot accept it. Also, despite the promise of bunching mobs up with wormhole, a secondary / epic combination with better AOE potential than was chosen for the runs done probably needs to be selected to fairly quickly clear +4x8 spawns (ie: trapdoor runs were not particularly quick). 

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

ETJ, compared to your testing, where do you place your dom runs in comparison to the melee ATs designed for this sort of thing?

It's a bit challenging to figure that out, at least for now.

The melee pylon tests and trapdoor runs are often done by those who are highly experienced at building finely tuned melee damage machines and whose execution during pylon defeats and trapdoor runs exceeds my more modest abilities. Support for that conclusion comes from looking at trapdoor clear times for two others, one of whom drove a plant/fire/fire dom (4:55) and another a fire/fire/fire dom (5:35); in contrast, I'm still working on getting trapdoor runs below 7 minutes. Thus, doms as an AT can probably be built and played better for these kinds of tests (and for +4x8 content in general) than I've figured out how to do in the relatively short time I've been doing them.

Hopefully over time, as more test runs get reported, we'll end up with a better collective sense of how to build and play doms so they can sail through content many find challenging now.  Doms have good damage modifiers and, with care and attention, defenses can be brought to a pretty sturdy place. So, that hope does have some reasoned basis for being. We'll hopefully (probably) also develop a better sense of which dom primaries and secondaries seem to consistently fall short, why they fall short, and by how much, which will hopefully help with any future balance passes.  

FWIW, my intuition is that doms can do noticeably more DPS and do so with a noticeably higher degree of sturdiness than is widely believed. The powerset combinations with superior DPS potential can probably consistently complete most +4x8 content in comparable time frames to melee classes.

I can't prove this, though, at least not yet. And, it's possible that I'm being overly optimistic. 

Edit: Misremembered clear times earlier for two others who had below-6-minute clear times for their doms. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

FWIW, my intuition is that doms can do noticeably more DPS and do so with a noticeably higher degree of sturdiness than is widely believed. The powerset combinations with superior DPS potential can probably consistently complete most +4x8 content in comparable time frames to melee classes.

You may be right.

I have a feeling one set with some potential is Savage Assault. It's got a place to proc Gaussian's (Spot Prey), Achille's Heel (Unkindness), and Force Feedback (Hawk/Feral Charge). It has some end redux built in, and ok heal--but still better than other Doms get.

Mids says Feral Charge can slot the Dom ATO but actually it cannot, so you'd want to proc that in a primary power. Char would be a very good place for it.

A well built Fire/Savage/,,,,? could turn out to be a very strong Dominator. 

Radiation Assault has a similar proc opportunities to Savage but can slot the Dom ATO directly. Not sure which wins a head to head battle of DPS.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

I have a feeling one set with some potential is Savage Assault. It's got a place to proc Gaussian's (Spot Prey), Achille's Heel (Unkindness), and Force Feedback (Hawk/Feral Charge). It has some end redux built in, and ok heal--but still better than other Doms get.

Mids says Feral Charge can slot the Dom ATO but actually it cannot, so you'd want to proc that in a primary power. Char would be a very good place for it.

A well built Fire/Savage/,,,,? could turn out to be a very strong Dominator. 

Radiation Assault has a similar proc opportunities to Savage but can slot the Dom ATO directly. Not sure which wins a head to head battle of DPS.

This inspired me to take a look at a plant / savage / ice dominator. Since plant has the best AOE of any primary and savage assault has 2 good AOEs that can both take -20% resistance procs, the hope was that trapdoor clear times would noticeably drop. Results are below ...

plant / savage / ice dominator

Pylon defeat:  3:44 without creepers (299 DPS), 3:06 with creepers (334 DPS)
Trapdoor run: 6:57

- 2 pylon defeats and 1 trapdoor run

T4 intuition radial alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run.

Pylons ...

A couple of minutes into the first pylon defeat I realized that I had forgotten to cast creepers. So, I kept going that way and ended up with a 3:44 pylon defeat time, while not using creepers. Since not casting creepers for extended single target fights is a mistake, that got corrected for the second pylon defeat. The second pylon defeat took 3:06 with creepers helping out, for 334 DPS. Single target damage of 334 DPS is not "top shelf", but it's also not a bad figure. 

If savage is paired with a primary that has a power which can accept the AT +damage proc IO, then single target damage can be noticeably better. For example, between hotfeet, a proc'd up char that offers better DPA than maiming slash, and +damage AT proc IO activations, Tex's suggestion for pairing fire control with savage assault seems likely to lead to single target DPS of at least the high 300s. 

Trapdoor ...

A run of 6:57 is a personal best for trapdoor runs involving dominators. In other hands it seems likely that one to two minutes could be shaved off. 

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Science Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Savage Assault

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 1: Call Swarm -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Maiming Slash -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(17)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Hct-Dam%(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Roots -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(7), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(13)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(A), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(11)
Level 10: Unkindness -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dam%(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(34)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 16: Spot Prey -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(29), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(21), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Arm-Dam%(27), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29)
Level 22: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), PstBls-Dam%(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), TraoftheH-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(39)
Level 32: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(39), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(39), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 38: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(43)
Level 44: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(47), Rct-Def(47), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(49), RechRdx-I(49)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
------------

• Like 1

Using one of your previous grav builds i made some tweaks of my own to fit more of my characters theme:

Mids is giving me slightly different ranged def figures to what i had in game but by mids i have:

34.98% ranged def (39% in game - not sure how)

74.94% S/L res

I cannot for the life of me get a pylon lower than 50% before dying, and then its taking me 2:30 mins roughly. 

The standard rotation i use is Power up > Weaken Resolve > Total Focus > Power Burst > Sniper Blast > Lift > Repeat - Depending on rech Lift might not be included.

Now i'm not too sure if the below screen shot means the Achilles heel has procced? I'm assuming it does.

image.thumb.png.df98f125dd4dfa7614c261eaedf7c7e3.png

i need a heal. I did try Dark assault but there wasnt enough healing from life drain really and the overall damage of the set wasnt great compared to energy.

At a loss with where to go with this without having to Ice or Mace epic pool.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Lift                Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5), Apc-Dmg(7)
Level 1:    Power Bolt            HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2:    Gravity Distortion        NrnSht-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(7), UnbCns-Dam%(9), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(11), GldNet-Dam%(11)
Level 4:    Weaken Resolve            AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 6:    Hover                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 8:    Crushing Field            SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(A), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(15), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(17), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(19)
Level 10:    Power Blast            Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 12:    Fly                BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(25)
Level 14:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16:    Power Up            RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18:    Gravity Distortion Field        BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29)
Level 20:    Whirling Hands            Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33)
Level 22:    Boxing                Empty(A)
Level 24:    Tough                GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), GldArm-End/Res(33)
Level 26:    Wormhole            AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(34), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 28:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 30:    Total Focus            Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(37)
Level 32:    Singularity            ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 35:    Sniper Blast            StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38:    Power Burst            Apc-Dam%(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 41:    Link Minds            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 44:    Mind Over Body            TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47:    Psionic Tornado            PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 49:    Indomitable Will        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1:    Domination    
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Sprint                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Swift                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Hurdle                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Health                NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 1:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1:    Energy Focus    
Level 49:    Quick Form    
Level 50:    Musculature Core Paragon    
Level 50:    Degenerative Core Flawless Interface    
Level 50:    Rebirth Radial Epiphany    
Level 12:    Afterburner    
Level 50:    Melee Radial Embodiment    
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1489;711;1422;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EF74A6D4522AF228050129E555DA52185DA920101EC6942|
|62426BAB399D45227291DD256231F80CFE0CA072426C6B863A18971E127D0284613|
|DD18176E4410DCD733F77FAE857093C96FCEFF9E73CFB967EE9DCCFDF9A69595C51|
|9A135CF15AD4A253BEFACDA25ABEA94BD19AB60E77441C3474FFFFF89EC9C53AA96|
|9D62EA6AD9BA6757D7951DA97BCC562AD6DD6235B550CA970BEBCA14ADCB0E852D3|
|AE55C3EEBAC646FDAC5620052D12EDCA936CAF7EB6BF9FCED206457B54B85BE8535|
|3B975AAED84EC9CE653356A59A2FAFA3D2829BAF93EA1BA12729AB95A3E6150F09A|
|65F7836995BA0E17AB9DCF0483624C15F04A12158884977DBBA18235F8D45AF66D1|
|5BAF4F34DC024F5D732389AB9A64A35C99B800566242E86A45FD2D39B7F9849F9AE|
|965D1E30D21B2298D88A643705C47D3655ADFAC21C5D35798D3E09919E614D83A09|
|EE5122BFAAD92FBB6088D64760FB63E613B06393B90506286D80336B816FD860E75|
|7304A93415E590B2604261388DC279F668E14CD3C69D2465A38426FD9F1C8BE9DFD|
|C4FC02F67C06FFB81D5285B74D2167CF2478EE22F312F332189946CB34AA2DA4D28|
|76A34844E5258B53A7C1E7E91303E5EC484EDCA5DAAC2AE252CDA9F61A6993FD05A|
|8356EC560DE8E68F37D0AEC9061CB8BB50E5F726103910678E808331E628F30DCAB|
|840E8E360A36F0F93C3FBCC03E62168CA720CE19A519531BA83968FBC637E64BE07|
|473F30F994FEA5E021153C647AE48AA3CFB0D1F873E60BE677042537F824B408115|
|3AD8D7123920166101C24A7846A6D2205712CCE4C30C7C061724EA9239F7A853335|
|FE92B9CDFCA94B9A1B28D7F4782507287842DDB48910BE47D4A85FE85A8F51FF35B|
|8361D8FA593D2B2A12248D2A4B4DB78F4B720A5DF27A5BD63D20D6C69FF98F8009D|
|7B1A3F52553A5EAFBB966E2307652C868F18726CBBD35C5B4D74D4AF69ED7554FA6|
|AD2F8070276ECC6|

• Like 1

Hi Witch,

Below is another take on that build. If you can give it a try on the beta server, see how it works for you.

To get the most you can defensively out of the build below, cast power up just before casting unleash potential. Both are unchecked in Mids for this build; check out what happens to your defense totals when both are active at the same time by pressing the green buttons to the right of both powers. Since unleash potential is up about 1/3 of the time, it gives you a solid defensive wall for a noticeable period of time. Rotate that with barrier and 3/4 of the time you've got better defenses working in your favor. Notice also that whenever power up is active your defenses automatically rise; that's another key reason for getting an extra recharge IO into it, in addition to the bonus it provides to damage.  

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), Apc-Dmg(5)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(7), UnbCns-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(11), GldNet-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 10: Mighty Leap -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29)
Level 22: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(49), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(31), AbsAmz-Stun(31), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(34)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 30: Total Focus -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(37)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Power Burst -- Apc-Dam%(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(47), UnbGrd-Max HP%(47)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(49)
Level 47: Dark Obliteration -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Dark Consumption -- FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(15), Prv-Absorb%(17)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
Level 10: Takeoff 
------------

@EnjoyTheJourneyThank you for putting that together trying to fit unleash potential in was my next port of call. 

You recommended a grav/dark build to me the other day in a previous post and i made some tweaks:

With this i managed to stay alive and actually beat a pylon, it took 07:36 mins but i beat it haha! I'm not sure why it took so long, maybe because my dps output wasnt high enough i imagine?

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Dark Assault
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Lift                Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5), GldJvl-Dam%(5)
Level 1:    Dark Blast            HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2:    Gravity Distortion        NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(A), NrnSht-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), UnbCns-Dam%(9), GldNet-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(11)
Level 4:    Gloom                Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Rchg(15), GldJvl-Dam%(15)
Level 6:    Hover                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17), Rct-ResDam%(17)
Level 8:    Crushing Field            SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(19), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(21), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(23)
Level 10:    Mighty Leap            BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 12:    Weaken Resolve            AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 14:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 16:    Gather Shadows            RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18:    Gravity Distortion Field        BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(25), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(25), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27)
Level 20:    Engulfing Darkness        FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dam%(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 22:    Boxing                Empty(A)
Level 24:    Tough                GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 26:    Wormhole            AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(33), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 28:    Life Drain            DS:DSyncHealAcc(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(34), ThfofEss-+End%(34), DS:DSyncHealAcc(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 30:    Unleash Potential        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 32:    Singularity            ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35:    Moon Beam            GldJvl-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 38:    Midnight Grasp            Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(43)
Level 41:    Link Minds            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 44:    Mind Over Body            TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(45), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47:    Psionic Tornado            PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48), Ann-ResDeb%(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 49:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1:    Health                NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(46)
Level 50:    Ageless Core Epiphany    
Level 10:    Takeoff    
------------

|MxDz;1479;714;1428;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EF74EE58DA52114A79B7D0524A9F5346572A08848231A54|
|91313DDD94C6AA9134B877446221FC0CFC04AA35B5DBAD0C4B8F01368148D0B772E|
|5C29048CAF4D3D33E75CA96192E6D7F99FC7FDDF3377A67CB7D8BBB1B1B6C4A4BE9|
|5A66E59D5A2B969B474DB6C2B65BD61D4640697177EB17F81EA8AD9B2DB6653BDDC|
|D6B70D7B47DC478F33962D4BBFD3B4D5A2DEBE2D6E58A06242D15AD368DCB207F0B|
|FD9AED5ABE646F5BAD16CFA5DE9EA56BD7E33885127D168352657B78C9A5AB10CB3|
|65D4AA65DDB2EBED1DF4D970561B0177B3F0CB395E25C72FEB70F608A0F998E73EF|
|12192DFF30039E34E36F070F8B888B1790097591E6212898A7403FE45383BA51337|
|25B7B2E70A76EA59C54E7EEAF81D3ACAA258D630C93F87ECCD1355E4E902918A7D3|
|06A858A3D4A58723D9F29C9C8236401E0152B78E7B92B0E2C102F210717894BC8A1|
|65A49D62CC2736ECFB84CB5B2006841878056288B3387809922805B338BF21E20FD|
|8651FA38A3E57E44C0363FD5421F7EF419B888F8DBC277E408E7D44FE840E21EAA0|
|841671FF630B6868629E7801193D4FBC8894C05B582C1FEEC0C5649086C5E886CFE|
|2A8A205E4941381451D7954381C2D63B3A975620919FBCC5DFE0287E3C2E1784E71|
|CF466C049DC60664F7384C933EFD188BA69F20B761A4112A9622613C33091AD439A|
|89DA4209FDCC7651307C44364F28848767E839DB8B013CFE1C6927BF83C66DF115F|
|13DF20D36F917FA078469C99992C764E6788B3C84C8A9826BEC4BDC6FB194B89D1A|
|6E854E682C4003201495931DAAC4AC10C329F25E691494856C55ED4E73895C233E2|
|5322BDABDA17B4A179147C77E149CF89833947A3D50691139C890B5E68F764C4BBA|
|4CEFAC978858B4F0048922B7DF5777F165C69BF4B92D8355C2D1F436BDF4EE61FFC|
|27EDE2569C48A79401FFC2CF1A3C188DD23A2FE2EE8DC4B087931BEA0AEF76DF3C4|
|8C38B2CBAFC057369EA83|

1 hour ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Hi Witch,

Below is another take on that build. If you can give it a try on the beta server, see how it works for you.

To get the most you can defensively out of the build below, cast power up just before casting unleash potential. Both are unchecked in Mids for this build; check out what happens to your defense totals when both are active at the same time by pressing the green buttons to the right of both powers. Since unleash potential is up about 1/3 of the time, it gives you a solid defensive wall for a noticeable period of time. Rotate that with barrier and 3/4 of the time you've got better defenses working in your favor. Notice also that whenever power up is active your defenses automatically rise; that's another key reason for getting an extra recharge IO into it, in addition to the bonus it provides to damage.  

I made some tweaks!

and i killed the pylon in 04:30! Much better than 7 mins though it did get awfully close at times, i need more practise will cycling between barrier and unleash potential.

I went with primal in the end as i was having too many end issues even with soul, the consumption power just wasnt keeping up with my end needs where as conserve power really helped a lot. 

Energy transfer was more of a hinderance as the cast time was too long so didnt really fit with the ST rotation and the -hp DEFINITELY wasnt good so i will drop it in favour of something else and either use the extra slots in other powers or put them in whatever other power i take. 

REALLY appreciate your help with this. I now just actually need to level the character on live haha

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Lift                Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), Apc-Dmg(5)
Level 2:    Gravity Distortion        NrnSht-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(9), UnbCns-Dam%(9), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(11), GldJvl-Dam%(11), GldNet-Dam%(13)
Level 4:    Weaken Resolve            AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 6:    Hover                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 8:    Crushing Field            SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 10:    Mighty Leap            WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 14:    Boxing                Empty(A)
Level 16:    Power Up            RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18:    Gravity Distortion Field        BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20:    Whirling Hands            Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(25)
Level 22:    Unleash Potential        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(27), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 24:    Tough                GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 26:    Wormhole            AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(31), AbsAmz-Stun(33), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(33), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(33)
Level 28:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), ShlWal-Def(34)
Level 30:    Total Focus            Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(37)
Level 32:    Singularity            ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35:    Sniper Blast            StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38:    Power Burst            Apc-Dam%(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 41:    Energy Transfer            Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(45), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 44:    Temp Invulnerability        StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 47:    Explosive Blast            PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 49:    Conserve Power            RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1:    Health                Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(7)
Level 10:    Takeoff    
Level 50:    Barrier Core Epiphany    
------------

|MxDz;1489;707;1414;HEX;|
|78DA6594DF4F134110C7F77A5BB0FCAA50B02050DA0AF4172D549F548C1AA0464A4|
|D13137DB3B9605B4E8F1EB93B89FC01FE0D3E69F0C1C418DF346A627CF02FD02846|
|5F8DAF2A1530EA539DDB99B5256C72F9DCCECE776E6676F70AB7E7BB2A95DC39A6F|
|8E70CCDB64BF3E6AA5ED31CD3F216B4AABEAC3218EDF044FE2F94E6CC9A639946E6|
|82A5ADEBCE869C879B1EE76D5BBB653899855AD9AA6EC829EB2B9A20CB99D672B96|
|4564A5775C3E84493A157579C0EF17E79AD5CBEDE8D66D7AAD7AAE30B6BFA72A668|
|E9AB9A511272BB54D06CA76C6D34F31D842427E19912298BD1E0EC1E20CB996793F|
|800C95D2F418FE037005350C4D82C80AB2C0D3E0A19BD8A066FA39C1DBA46BC88CA|
|8E55054911BB1690769C31554654DF807380331F74D24B46C53B80CAAE5D544CABD|
|869B1D8FE8C0B63CF73A403E17CB4C87CC3A888827BA70CD799724BF3B11EA2028B|
|DD52D1DD80C1EA90855FFAFBC9EF30310B317B6951EDDDF2882AFB3E123F23FB3F2|
|17FBAF5C8D604CE602BFA6791474E124F21074F13CF62DAEB50CB00893D03D485A3|
|29B68F2AA41F24271E3C8ECA913DE22F64E837F10FD2751B927B3FB4849F0D5D428|
|6178905621EC9E14BC3329D614A2792C7889145557467C7AD5B163C9A426524893C|
|1623C68909E4F86B0C720230266B19DBA6C53A710739B94BFC8A3BEE4EA3F28BD12|
|DECCAE45B64EC03F11DF13D3241A7700FC41378761BDE892C464E3CC2C889C7C8E4|
|13E2171425EFA0DF682F6371EAA2377E13234FDD20568855647A0599D1916110A76|
|4ADA9205E9634ED4FFA2F1D75DAC769DABF08883272DF322F31D2F40B64F62991D2|
|CB528342209A91376C868E4D94372F726384377F05EE1CAEC0D24153914B0598146|
|1FADED1FA3B10A61F074DDB2D260F8B60296D57F000B52D02639CD5F7E9EE62090F|
|932D59E693CD3A1AF713CD7BDEC807C05BAEE4822D9357513151C464D375939A7FE|
|6C1EDDE|

6 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

I made some tweaks!

and i killed the pylon in 04:30! Much better than 7 mins though it did get awfully close at times, i need more practise will cycling between barrier and unleash potential.

I went with primal in the end as i was having too many end issues even with soul, the consumption power just wasnt keeping up with my end needs where as conserve power really helped a lot. 

Energy transfer was more of a hinderance as the cast time was too long so didnt really fit with the ST rotation and the -hp DEFINITELY wasnt good so i will drop it in favour of something else and either use the extra slots in other powers or put them in whatever other power i take. 

REALLY appreciate your help with this. I now just actually need to level the character on live haha

Glad to be of help and good luck with your dominator. 🙂

Dont want to derail this post anymore but, managed 03:02 mins with this build against pylon:

Level 49 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Dark Grasp            NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(A), NrnSht-Dam%(3), UnbCns-Dam%(3), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(5), GldNet-Dam%(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7)
Level 2:    Living Shadows            SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(9), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(13)
Level 4:    Hover                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6:    Possess                CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(13), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(15), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(15), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(17), CrcPrs-Conf%(17)
Level 8:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 10:    Kick                Empty(A)
Level 12:    Heart of Darkness        Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-%Dam(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23)
Level 14:    Tough                StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27)
Level 16:    Power Up            RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18:    Fearsome Stare            CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), CldSns-ToHitDeb(29), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(31), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(31), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 20:    Whirling Hands            Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 22:    Weaken Resolve            AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 24:    Mighty Leap            BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 26:    Shadow Field            BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(34), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(36)
Level 28:    Total Focus            Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(37)
Level 30:    Unleash Potential        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32:    Umbra Beast            ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 35:    Sniper Blast            StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38:    Power Burst            Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 41:    Conserve Power            RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44:    Temp Invulnerability        UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)
Level 47:    Explosive Blast            SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(47), Artl-Acc/Dam(47), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(47), Artl-Dam/End(48), PstBls-Dam%(48)
Level 49:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(49)
Level 1:    Health                Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7)
Level 24:    Takeoff    
Level 50:    Barrier Core Epiphany    
------------

|MxDz;1515;702;1404;HEX;|
|78DA7594DB4ED450148677A72DC84904840139CE701A18A60CDEA92010181283242|
|4267AA3D40687B1B14C493B1A79009FC13BE38DEF6062BCF009348AC60BEFF09488|
|9CC4E88552D7F45FDB19436C32F375AFBDF7BFFEAEAEDD85BBB3B52B2B735342A99|
|F712CDF3767DD553B6F155C4F5FB072F6B22AE8AAA45FFCEF8439E3E60B9EEB18B3|
|96772B9FA53D1CE8292D99F67DEBB6533032F9AC975B974351B3E8D2BE39C7CEDD2|
|C5487F797D6B2D91B750817A3763ED78891EB2D674D77C5BC623B4E5F66CD5E3616|
|3D7BD572CC70C637172CBF90F5D64B865BC965927EBFA2F4A7147D8B40174B74D7A|
|98988C5BC1011624C13DAAA0266D4901523E056A4B459887182A68ADFA4A8484565|
|5C0B571E9B609E07AB27995360ED345845D553A5A2DA8CB487A4A84B45FD2A3CD55|
|E038F2F314DF0C475A605C649B192372B95C547A660233342935582D35505740941|
|95A9E1F55ACD76242C44E31678F20B53A0002D8748A2924E9D74581745F55A4E635|
|1EB4FE60178EA3BF307B84B1AF5D2443D3B0BE8991B38A8377C46DA8E4FCC4DB0EB|
|3DF30398FA08EE119AA49DA60978EC1A077BCE30CF32CF81B149D8F1134234CB57D|
|0FCAC28A5890205A3D263F41D7644A8546DBC526DDB40EED85BE66BB0F70DB84F68|
|979EDA9350E81D660E827D09E610F3293CDDA1F49D9C5EE9E4B618E052A964A35BD|
|AE8DEC1CE815DE63E38F80D2C222E6DC437A030F88AF91C1C7AC17CC9E47E3FA0CD|
|FDE8ED40EF1F83E2709A99621AE0C828F31ED79F5E67429630C1DE7B289894DE93D|
|C2823DC28296E9414374A8C161BD2BBB1891363B0BCA1EA600538AA311F2393462D|
|9A96E720CD254CCF43B94313F2A213109E83785928B878747E5193479F424A18FA5|
|A5DFE3908433B652145C4F8F37119D9B78FAEDFFD27741F8FF668B8CCCA83A15227|
|06F334939683FF5EF34D24C3A2C15CB46CF0B03823F73F89970DFE0030FC096F|

3 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Dont want to derail this post anymore but, managed 03:02 mins with this build against pylon:

Nice! And, you're posting pylon times for a dominator, very much on topic for this thread. 

FWIW, when I first started defeating pylons my characters' DPS was usually in the low to mid 200s, tops. Some runs were sub-200 DPS for the first while. Survival was also often challenging. Those early pylon runs ended up helping me to build characters to do better DPS and to execute single target attack chains at least somewhat better in-game than I did before I started them. 

• Like 1

Had kind of a cool and somewhat unexpected finding for my fire / psi / ice dom. She's lvl 50 now and IO'd up. She has three T3 incarnates and three T4 incarnates, so not quite at full power yet. But, she seemed ready for a test I like to put dom builds through. 

One of the ways I like to test dom builds is to solo a +4x8 timed mission offered by Marcus Valerius in Cimerora. Cims present some unusual and significant challenges for doms. First, they're very dangerous when they swarm a character in melee range because of their ability to rapidly stack defense debuffs. Second, with shouts cims can buff their defenses up potentially quite high and also provide mez protection to themselves and nearby allies. Essentially, because they can provide each other with solid mez protection through shouts they can invalidate most of the controls a dom brings to the table. These abilities tend to diminish a dom's effectiveness in battle (and their safety) by quite a bit.

Following a conservative, "safety first" approach she never needed hoarfrost once and she cleared a "kill the boss" mission in a little under 10 minutes. There's no way that's a speed record across all ATs. But, in my experiences running doms through that mission it's a decent clear time, especially when not pushing for a fast clear.

The best part was watching a closely bunched ambush get mezzed, then decimated in a very short period of time by AOEs (without needing judgment). Mobs go down very fast when sleet is active and hot feet, psy shockwave, fire cages, fiery orb, and ice storm are all able to focus. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:46 PM, WitchofDread said:

Thank you, much appreciated! When are you going to test dark control? 😉

I was also curious, and so put together a build. It goes against usual practice for dark control in the selection of multiple powers, though, and it can probably be better put together by somebody more experienced with dark control. 

dark / savage / ice dominator

Pylon defeat:  3:18 (321 DPS)
Trapdoor run: 10:28

Pylon ...

The lack of having the +damage unique AT IO in any single target attack power probably decreased pylon defeat DPS at least somewhat. Still, there was quite a bit of fumbling and some mis-clicks along the way. So, 321 DPS is probably a bit on the low side of what can be consistently achieved.

Trapdoor ...

This wasn't a completely unexpected result, although probably it can be noticeably shortened. There were lots of runners with no AOE immobilize and with multiple fear-inducing powers (fearsome stare, sleet, and ice storm). Having no previous experience running these particular powersets in combination also didn't help. 

This combination offers noticeably more durability than many other dominator builds with two hefty heals and a number of other sources of layered defenses. It solos *quite* safely and should contribute just fine on teams. 

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 2: Maiming Slash -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(15), TchofDth-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Hct-Dam%(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13)
Level 6: Possess -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(9)
Level 8: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(33), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), CldSns-%Dam(33)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(46)
Level 12: Heart of Darkness -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-%Dam(31), ScrDrv-Dam%(31), CldSns-%Dam(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 16: Spot Prey -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(17), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(17)
Level 18: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(25), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(25)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal(39)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(48)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Absorb%(36)
Level 30: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 32: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(37), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 38: Sleet -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(39)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42)
Level 44: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(47), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(49), Rct-Def(49)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40), Mrc-Rcvry+(40)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(40)
------------

• Like 1

There are runs for two new and yet quite similar builds to share and compare. A different alpha was used than for other runs, which seems like may lead to higher DPS than cardiac when endurance management is challenging. The powerset combinations tested were ...

1. fire / thorns / ice dominator
2. fire / savage / ice dominator

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. fire / thorns / ice dominator

Pylon defeats: 3:52 (293 DPS), 4:10 (281 DPS)
Trapdoor run: 9:50

T4 vigor core alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run.

The "X" factor for this thorny assault build is that it debuffs mob defense in big chunks and can leave most mobs literally defenseless within seconds. Also, between sleet and 2 -res proc IOs the build can debuff mobs resistances up to 50% or thereabouts fairly often. So, while the numbers for soloing are not “top shelf” the debuffs this build offers make it particularly team friendly when facing mobs that have high defense buffs.

Vigor was chosen for both of these builds to allow for another proc in char, to slightly boost damage in other key powers by removing some acc and adding in a bit more damage, to boost the heal from hoarfrost, and to resolve endurance problems. Cardiac wouldn't have brought as much to the table for this build, compared to vigor.

Pylons ...

Two pylon defeats were done because the results from the first run were quite a bit better than an earlier build for a mind / thorn / soul dominator (about 230 DPS across four pylon defeats, with 1 outlier run that was noticeably worse for the mind / thorn dominator build). The times were similar enough for both pylon defeats this time around to believe it was unlikely to be sheer luck that single target DPS increased as much as it did. This build just does better single target DPS the other build, it would seem. Thorns still doesn't reach 300 single target DPS, though, even with an improved build.

Trapdoor ...

Trapdoor was busy, but not that quick. Runners were one reason for all the busyness; single target damage that is fairly good, but not great, was another reason for all the busyness. Lots of errors were made picking attacks as well. So, for example, often the best attack was used on a minion with a sliver of life and the worst one would be used on a boss. In short, it could definitely have been a faster run with a bit better luck and better execution.

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Thorny Assault

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Char -- SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(A), NrnSht-Dam%(5), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(5), GldNet-Dam%(7), UnbCns-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(34)
Level 1: Thorny Darts -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(3), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(7), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(9)
Level 4: Skewer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(11), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(15)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 10: Impale -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Rchg(19), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Apc-Dam%(40), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(21)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(23), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(43), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(43)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(17), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(17)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(23)
Level 22: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(29), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(37)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(25)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27)
Level 28: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-Def(50)
Level 35: Ripper -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 44: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(47), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(49), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(49), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(31), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(31), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 50: Vigor Core Paragon 
------------

• Like 1

2. fire / savage / ice dominator

Pylon defeats: 2:29 (385 DPS)
Trapdoor run: 9:15

T4 vigor core alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run.

Driver inexperience with this powerset combination and with savage in general meant that this build's potential wasn't being fully unlocked. And, this build doesn't have the same burst AOE potential as some other dominator builds. Instead it puts out an army of smaller numbers to take mobs down via AOE damage. Thus, it didn't shine all that well in the Trapdoor run. But, where this build does particularly well is with single target damage; even at 385 DPS this build can still probably have noticeably higher single target DPS with smoother execution.

Tex was probably onto something when he mentioned that savage may be a particularly strong DPS set.

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(19), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(19), GldJvl-Dam%(21), UnbCns-Dam%(36), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(36)

Level 2: Maiming Slash -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(17), TchofDth-Dam%(34)

Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Hct-Dam%(15), GldStr-%Dam(17)

Level 6: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), JvlVll-Dam/End/Rech(7), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(13)

Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)

Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(31)

Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(33), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(33), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(33), AbsAmz-Stun(45)

Level 16: Spot Prey -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(29), RechRdx-I(31)

Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(21), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23)

Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Arm-Dam%(27), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29)

Level 22: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)

Level 24: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34)

Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)

Level 28: Blood Craze -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(37)

Level 30: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(39)

Level 32: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(39), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)

Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)

Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(43)

Level 44: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(45)

Level 47: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(47), UnbGrd-ResDam(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)

Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(49), Rct-Def(49), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)

Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)

Level 50: Vigor Core Paragon

------------

• Like 1

Next, a bit more testing with savage assault, this time using plant as the primary. Also, intuition radial alpha incarnate was replaced by nerve radial alpha, plus more procs were added into the savage assault single target attack chain. 

Plant / Savage / Ice dominator

Pylon defeats: 3:12 (328 DPS) and 2:44 (362 DPS)  - 1st defeat forgot to cast creepers until late, 2nd defeat creepers were cast right away
Trapdoor run: 6:32

T4 nerve radial alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run.

------------------------------

Savage assault differs from most other assault sets in how--with a reasonably achieveable amount of recharge--you can have a complete attack chain with just three single target attacks. The short single target attack chain makes it a good pairing, performance-wise, with primaries that have only low damage, slow animating powers that can be used as part of a single target attack chain; the primary won't necessarily hold back single target DPS when savage assault is the secondary. Also, needing only 3 powers for single target attacks makes it easier to fit in the potentially hefty heal that savage assault offers.  

A key drawback is that there isn't any place in savage assault single target attacks for the +damage AT proc IO. To have the +damage AT proc IO as part of the single target attack chain it needs to go into a primary (ie: control set) power, which would usually be the T2 single target hold because holds can accept several damage procs. Despite that limitation, though, single target damage is still fairly good even when not incorporating the +damage AT proc IO into attacks used as part of the single target attack chain.  

Pylons ...

As I did for an earlier build for this powerset combination, reported about earlier in this thread, I forgot to cast creepers until late into the first pylon defeat. Minor "doh" there. But, it turned out that creeper added mid-30s DPS to the single target attack chain both times, which was an interesting data point.

Swapping alpha incarnates and some other tweaks seemed to make a positive difference to single target DPS compared to an earlier iteration of this build, reported about earlier, at least based on the two runs done here. This is notable in part because the way to make this work was to drop intuition radial as the alpha incarnate, even though it directly boosted damage, and to swap to nerve radial instead. It may seem counterintuitive for that to work. And yet, it seems to work here. The key reasons that it worked probably have to do with getting more procs into maiming slash and with a small number of IO swaps for vicious slash and call hawk. 

Trapdoor ...

This was my shortest trapdoor run for a dominator thus far by close to 30 seconds. It's not a top tier time. But, it's still a pretty good clear time for that mission.

There was a fair amount of driver error and fumbling, as experience with these powersets together is still very much on the low end of the scale.  It wouldn't be surprising if somebody more practiced at these powersets and at trapdoor runs achieved a clear time of somewhere around five minutes. 

Having two hefty heals and all the other layered defenses available made the pylon defeats and the trapdoor run very safe. 

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 2: Maiming Slash -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(3), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(3), ImpSwf-Dam%(13), DS:DSyncDamEnd(17), DS:DSyncDamEnd(13)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Hct-Dam%(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Roots -- SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), DS:DSyncDamEnd(7)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(A), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(11)
Level 10: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 16: Spot Prey -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(29), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(31)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- DS:DSyncEndHeal(A)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(27), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(39)
Level 24: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(25), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), PstBls-Dam%(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), TraoftheH-Dam%(37), JvlVll-Dam%(48)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 30: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(40)
Level 32: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)
Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 38: Sleet -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(43)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(A), DS:DSyncHealRech(45)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(47), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(49), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40)
Level 50: Nerve Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Tried out some combinations these past several days, with most of them underperforming. Below is a report-out about a combination that was pleasantly and surprisingly effective. The current build has a couple of noteworthy limitations, though, and can probably be polished further. 

Fire / Ice / Ice dominator 

Pylon defeats: 3:27 (313 DPS) and 3:10 (310 DPS) 
Trapdoor run: 6:36 

Cimeroran timed mission: about 9.5 minutes to clear cave

- 2 pylon defeats, 1 trapdoor run, 1 timed Cimeroran mission

T4 vigor* radial alpha, T4 degenerative core, T4 barrier core destiny, T4 melee core hybrid, no judgment or lore used. No clicky accolades, temp powers, or amplifiers were used. Only insps used were yellow inspirations to nullify blind in trapdoor run.

* mistakenly listed this as "nerve" earlier. But, the alpha used was T4 vigor radial, and not nerve. 

------------------------------

This combination puts a lot of emphasis on not letting mobs move or attack very much. Hot feet, chilling embrace, bonfire, sleet, and fire cages help to bring that about as mobs tend to very slowly try to close to melee range or run away in fear (when not immobilized). Its effectiveness may not seem as clear when looking over a forum post or a Mids build as it is when you experience it in-game. The key weaknesses are that permadom is more susceptible than would be ideal to being lost when -recharge debuffs stack up on this dominator and that endurance can be challenging to manage. Probably some tweaks to the build below would be worthwhile, even though it performed very well overall for what's reported here. 

Pylons ...

Endurance management for the pylon runs was challenging, at times, with endurance bottoming out near the very end of first pylon defeat reported up top. Fortunately, the pylon exploded just handful of seconds later. The degree of consistency across runs suggests that single target damage may be in the low-ish 300s. Single target DPS in the low 300s is reasonably good, even if not top end.  

Trapdoor ...

The trapdoor run went better than it probably should have gone. It wasn't executed well, with plenty of klutziness along the way. The key reason it went so well is that mobs that wanted to run away had a lot of difficulty doing that. So, they were repeatedly exposed to AOE damage from different sources and they fell over fairly fast. Also, incoming damage was mitigated to a substantial degree, it would seem, by all the -recharge and -movement stacked up on mobs. 

This was my second quickest Trapdoor run with a dom thus far, with the difficulties mobs had moving probably being the key to attaining that speed. 

Timed Cimeroran mission ...

This dom was so effective at neutering mob movement that it seemed helpful to give it a tougher test than trapdoor. So, a timed Cimeroran mission was taken on, which ended up being a "defeat the Cimeroran boss" mission. The mission was fully cleared in noticeably less than 10 minutes, after accounting for time getting to the mission door and a bit of lollygagging inside the front door before starting. The Cims have never seemed so non-threatening when soloing them with a dom even when there was two spawns engaging with this particular dom at the same time. Barrier and other defensive skills got forgotten a fair amount with no negative consequences.

The Cims spent a lot of time afraid and vainly trying to run away, only to be hunted down whenever it was their turn to be defeated. 

The key takeaway seems to be that when stacked in large amounts -movement and -recharge can be very powerful. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Icy Assault

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GldNet-Dam%(3), NrnSht-Dam%(3), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(5), UnbCns-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(9)
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(7), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(7)
Level 4: Ice Sword Circle -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg(15), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Arm-Dam%(17), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(17)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 10: Ice Blast -- HO:Nucle(A), DS:DSyncDamEnd(23), DS:DSyncDamEnd(23), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(25), ImpSwf-Dam%(25), GldJvl-Dam%(27)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(50), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(50)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(27)
Level 16: Power Up -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(29)
Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(29), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 22: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: Chilling Embrace -- IceMisTrmt-End/Slow(A), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Rech(36), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Slow(36), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(37), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End/Rech(37)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 32: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39)
Level 35: Ice Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Dam%(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Bitter Ice Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43), GldJvl-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Sleet -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(45)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 50: Mighty Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Vigor Radial Paragon 
------------

• Like 1

Mind / radiation assault / ice dominator

Pylon defeat:  3:46 (297 DPS)
Trapdoor run: 9:31

The build itself probably needs a bit of polishing because it has only 145% global recharge and only 35% resistance to recharge debuffs. Taking out total domination was a choice that could be reasonably questioned, as well. It also handled rough in my hands. There's probably quite a bit more potential in this combination of powersets with somebody more practiced at using them and with a more carefully thought through build. 

Pylon ...

Some powersets seem relatively comfortable and fluid to use for pylon defeats, while others feel the opposite. For me radiation assault fell in the "this felt awkward" category, with plenty of so-so decisions about the order for attacks. Which means it's unlikely its single target damage potential was shown here. 

Trapdoor ...

The awkwardness in working with radiation assault carried over to the trapdoor run. I haven't played mind control in a while, either, so the trapdoor run was full of errors. Also, the relatively low global recharge total and fairly minimal total resistances to recharge debuffs led to losing domination twice for this run; in both cases melee hybrid recharged in time so mez protection could be re-engaged until domination was up again.

The heal was quite useful on the one occasion when it was likely to be helpful. 

It's kind of amazing the trapdoor run took less than 10 minutes, given the circumstances. 

Discounting for the unusually plentiful driver errors and build problems, radiation assault looks like a solid choice. 

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Radioactive Assault

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize -- FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Dominate -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GldNet-Dam%(5), NrnSht-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), UnbCns-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(9)
Level 4: Contaminated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 6: Confuse -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(15), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(15), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(17), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(17), MlsIll-Dam%(19)
Level 8: Mass Hypnosis -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 10: Electron Haze -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(19), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(21), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(23)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(25)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Fusion -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(27), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(27)
Level 18: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 20: Radiation Siphon -- DS:DSyncHealAcc(A), DS:DSyncHealAcc(29), DS:DSyncDamEnd(29)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(48)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(31)
Level 26: Terrify -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Knock%(31), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dam%(33)
Level 28: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 32: Mass Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(39), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(39), CrcPrs-Conf%(39)
Level 35: Proton Volley -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Dam%(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)
Level 38: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Dam%(43), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(45)
Level 41: Sleet -- DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(A), DS:DSyncSlowRechEnd(45)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def(46)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(48), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50), Rct-Def(50)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
------------

• Like 1