Singularity stops following...

csr

I've had some odd behavior from my Singularity on a Grav Dom today.  In sewer map Radio missions in FF it stops following me if I break line-of-sight on the small open archways in the sewers.  It continues to follow if I'm out of line-of-sight elsewhere, but stops dead the moment I break sight through one of those doors.  This happened on 3 missions.  They may have been on the same map.  I didn't think to take note until the 3rd one.  Is there a way in game to identify which map you are on in an instance?

Edited by csr

22 hours ago, csr said:

Is there a way in game to identify which map you are on in an instance?

/whereami

Likely the cause is pathing beacons.  The game thinks the shortest way is through the wall but gets blocked.  Summon another one or teleport it is your best bet for now.

I tried multiple sewer maps:  Sewers_30_Layout_01_01, Sewers_30_Layout_01_02 and Sewers_30_Layout_03_02 all had the same issue.

It's odd that it doesn't try to move to the wall or anything, it just stops dead the moment I go through the arch if I'm not in line-of-sight, even if it's trailing behind me two rooms.  If it just didn't know how to go through those arches that'd make sense, but it will go through if I'm in line-of-sight.  Ah well, I'll just avoid sewers maps as much as I can.

You can just make yourself the pathing beacon whenever you have to go through sewer rooms like that. Keep the voltaic sentinel/singularity in view and guide it through. Or just re-summon. Or just avoid the sewers. They all work.

The problem with guiding it through is that many of those sewer arch "tiles" have two arches on opposite corners of a small room.  It's easy to lead it through the first, but hard to get it over into the corner so it's lined up for the 2nd.  At level 33 the recharge time on my Singy is 4 minutes.

It seems as if it's an AI problem rather than purely a beacon problem, as other pets don't appear to have the same issue.  I just tested similar maps (Sewers_30_Layout_05_01, Sewers_30_Layout_06_02 and Sewers_30_Layout_02_01) with a Fire Dom and my Imps had no problems.  I don't recall Singy having this issue before the Mapserver event either, but I may just have never taken it in sewers before then.

1 hour ago, csr said:

It seems as if it's an AI problem rather than purely a beacon problem, as other pets don't appear to have the same issue.

Phantasm doesn't like sewer maps.  I believe I left a shouty post somewhere around here about that.

Phantasm and Singularity both fly.  Might be flight pathing.  Someone give @Faultline a recipe for floating bacon.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.