Broadsword

FenrisWolf44

The description for this power states 'The broad sword is a powerful melee weapon that has a bonus to accuracy.' Does anyone know how much accuracy? Ie can I slot for less accuracy as it's innate within the set? Also 'The broad sword can reduce an enemy's defense, allowing other attacks to hit more reliably.' Does anyone know the numbers for the defence debuff?

It's been great so far regardless 🙂

Many thanks.

The accuracy is in the power description if you right click it.  All Broadsword attacks have a base accuracy modifier of 1.05, which is standard for many melee "weapon" sets.  The accuracy boost isn't enough to make a major difference, so don't skip slotting for accuracy. 

Similar for the Defense debuff, you can also check those by right clicking, but all BS attacks except Parry will reduce defense by 7.5% for a few seconds.  These also aren't enough to skip slotting accuracy either.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

The accuracy is in the power description if you right click it.  All Broadsword attacks have a base accuracy modifier of 1.05, which is standard for many melee "weapon" sets.  The accuracy boost isn't enough to make a major difference, so don't skip slotting for accuracy. 

Similar for the Defense debuff, you can also check those by right clicking, but all BS attacks except Parry will reduce defense by 7.5% for a few seconds.  These also aren't enough to skip slotting accuracy either.

While I don't disagree that one should ignore these when considering slotting accuracy, combined it's not entirely non-trivial either especially at lower levels.  The combined effect is roughly enables fighting +1 mobs while sets without these effects are fighting +0 mobs at the same overall final hit chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's more important at lower levels. The -Def is important due to Def Debuff -Res procs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

33 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

It's more important at lower levels. The -Def is important due to Def Debuff -Res procs.

What's the conclusion on using damage procs?  My brain needs a refresher on the pros and cons of using a proc build on Scrappers particularly in something like Broadsword or Katana.  I know overall it's not as impactful as it is on Defenders or other support characters but ... 

I haven't really done proc builds on a Scrapper. I go for set bonuses. Saying that, I default to one proc or one off in an attack. If for some reason a set has 6 slots with one being a proc, I see if I can switch out a D/R and add another proc in. Without looking, I'm not sure how much that happens for Scrappers. I see it more with controls where you swap out the mez/recharge for a second proc.

Usually proc builds are done for DPS test builds(Pylon/Trapdoor), but do so at the sacrifice of mitigation. BS is a slower set so the procs should in theory proc fairly often.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

What's the conclusion on using damage procs?

They're reliable enough in SD/GD on Katana, so by extension similar in Dis/HS in Broadsword.  I did a proc based re-work of my Kat/Rad and single target damage definitely increased, but at too much loss of durability.  Probably could re-tune the build to get some of that back though.

If you're closing in on the ED cap for +dmg and have slots to spare, then proc it up, higher PPM pieces from Purples where possible.

It is pretty simple to get a sense of how much benefit one might get from a proc in Mids.  Simply slot a proc, make sure the "active" button on the power is highlighted, and check the damage in (parenthesis) for the proc's damage type.  Then swap it out for a +dmg IO and see if the total reported goes up or down.  It's a short-hand and not as accurate as the spreadsheet based PPM calcs that folks have created, but it is close enough and much faster for me to go about it that way.

By adding/removing common +rech IOs in a power with a slotted proc in mids it is possible to find the "enhanced recharge ceiling" before a proc rate starts to plummet.  This can also be used to test -Res and other non-damaging pieces in Mids, just find something that does damage with a similar PPM to the one you want to check - although that is not always possible for some of them.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thanks 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.