NFTs - Not a Fan, Ta

On 4/9/2022 at 2:42 PM, Frostbiter said:

I still got all my money in these babies:

pog1.jpg

I'm sure lots of people have already made the comparison but it's very apt.

Well, flippo's were an actual item. A tangible object. NTFs are even more vaporous than that.

I consider all of crypto to be a big Ponzi Scheme/Pyramid scam, NFTs are just the worst of it.

For Bitcoin and a few others, I've looked at it in enough detail to be sure, the other crypto I'm just assuming.

Doesn't mean that you can't get really rich by playing these games, but it's still a big scam IMHO.

Line Goes up has a nice video about NFTs:

KiraTV exposes a lot of the individual scams: https://www.youtube.com/c/KiraTV1

• Like 1

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• 2 weeks later
8 minutes ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

Anybody around here old enough to remember mood rings and pet rocks? 🤣

A whole lot of us actually

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

19 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

Anybody around here old enough to remember mood rings and pet rocks? 🤣

Oh yeah.  Until about the mid-1970s my late father used to sell mood rings next to the registers in the bookstore/school supply/gift shop he previously managed.  The college and high school crowds really thought they were groovy.   It sold very well for a time.   

He also sold the pet rocks, though they didn't sell as well, despite everyone talking about them.  I was about 8 at the time, and despite having a kid's imagination, I found it bizarre people would pay money for a rock. I didn't get the joke. 🙄  I was more interested in my Lemon Twist. 😁

image.png.a605110a28defcdc2ba15d461d3fa7c0.png

I'm realising at the age of [REDACTED] that I'm lucky to have been uncool / nearly craze-immune my whole life. Deelyboppers, space hoppers, Pogs, Pokemon, everything neon or plastic in the 80s/90s, rave culture, the works, all just flew over my head or off my radar. (Apart from a Discman, which is the single least practical piece of electronics I've ever owned.)

Side note from this morning. My favourite tea brand, Yorkshire Tea, launched NFTeabags today as a joke.

They've already been ripped off and listed on OpenSea, and someone registered their Ethereum name over a month ago.

*Note to Americans/other aliens: this is the correct tea and the one you want, either English Breakfast, Gold, 'Ard Water or Biscuit, which sounds weird but is insanely delicious.
If you can't slice it, it's not a proper brew. Aye, greadly lass.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.