Solo 0* (Not Hard Mode), +4/x8 ASF

Arbegla

Hey guys,

I'll post screenshots later, cuz I'm at work now, but I finished my solo attempt at a +4/x8 ASF last night. Little over 44 hours (I took breaks in between..) and only 30 deaths! I did a +4/x8 run to see how I could handle the higher level AVs/mobs for a later attempt at a solo 4* (max Hard Mode) ASF, as that forces you to run at +4/x8 regardless. I plan on running through the Hard Mode settings at base difficulties later, so I can start building up the tactics to push through it.

The hardest parts were Ripplesurge (He actually bugged out a few times, so I just ended up swarming him with temp powers/pets) and the Princess Zoe/Rodney fight during the last mission. I had the most deaths there. Face tanking two +4 AVs and all of the -resistance that the Gold Brickers push out was rough, but I did managed to down them both once I got rid of all of the adds.

I also gained around 10 vet levels throughout the whole thing, so that was really cool too. Here's to trying out 1* (lowest Hard Mode) setting over the weekend and seeing how I do there.

This is on my Bots/traps/mu Mastermind, Full T4s, and completely IO'ed out. I can post the build later if anyone is curious.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

Congratulations, that sounds like some real effort put in, i wasn't even sure it was possible on an mm.  I haven't tried anything over standard rep solo yet. I'm assuming you plan to give it a go on relentless, and will you be attempting the optional fights like the full rwz crew?

I don't quite have all of the new names for the Hard Mode memorized yet, so I'm going off of * levels. (0* being default, 1* being lowest hard mode, going up to 4*)

Now that I know I can do 0* at +4/x8, I'm going to try a run at 1* with base difficulty settings for the badges. I actually took Becky hostage in my run, and was going to go for Best Friends Forever, but she got eaten alive on the first mob in the last mission. I figure running at 1* will give her a chance to survive. I did attempt to take on the 5th column AVs in my +4/x8 run, but there were just too many mobs to try to control for me to make any real progress, especially with the timed nature of those rifts. I should have much better chances at 1*, with default difficulty. Once I have that under my belt, I'm going to work my way up. My eventual goal is 4* solo as of right now, but we'll see how Ripplesurge is and if he becomes my wall.

I think the 'default' difficulty for the ASF is +0/x4, because it has a minimum of 4 people, but I could be wrong. I'm going to set my default difficulty at +0/x1 when I attempt the 1* and higher runs. I do know that 3* sets you at +2/x8, and 4* sets you at +4/x8, which is why I ran the +4/x8 just to see if I could even beat a +4 AV on a MM. Not just can I beat them, but with my defense, and debuffs, I was able to floor their tohit, and not take very much damage when they did connect. I also have the +maxhp Rebirth at T4, which helps make, and keep the pets pretty durable, as it just about doubles their maxhp for the first 30 seconds or so.

Edited by Arbegla

I boasted about your feat on chat. I said 43 hours and 30 deaths. Sorry it was 44 my bad.

The universal response was that they were surprised you stuck it out. They were all impressed. Anyway kudos to you for being able to take on Dr.Aeons SF alone and at those settings. The one thing I forgot to mention was that you had set it at +4X8. They would have been even more impressed.

Edited by desarix

10 hours ago, desarix said:

I boasted about your feat on chat. I said 43 hours and 30 deaths. Sorry it was 44 my bad.

The universal response was that they were surprised you stuck it out. They were all impressed. Anyway kudos to you for being able to take on Dr.Aeons SF alone and at those settings. The one thing I forgot to mention was that you had set it at +4X8. They would have been even more impressed.

I did +4/x8 as a test to see if it would even be possible to try the hardest of hard modes. I'm excited that I was able to complete it, and I have ideas on how to do it again. But right now, after a 44 hour drag, I'm gonna take a break from pushing on that. I'll update this thread once I try the other difficulties.

• Thumbs Up 1