Target Drone vs Build up

dragonhawk777

So I was looking at Mids and playing around with different builds on it and noticed some things that had asking this question.  So in overall dps which worlks out better Target drone with its constant 20% damage buff or Build up with its clickable 81% buff?  Obviously for added burst damage the 81% beats teh 20% but for an overall run it would seem that Target drone would provide an overall damage boost for the run.  Thoughts on this?

Target Drone also has an additional +60% buff that occurs with your first attack. This makes the alpha strike with your ultimate convenient while also giving you a constant boost to damage during the fight itself. In theory, if you can drop the recharge on Build Up enough, you'll eek out slightly more damage - you lose the activation time of Build Up but gain the larger average bonus.

Given the choice, I'd take Targeting Drone over Build Up.

There's no definitive answer because there's a lot of other variables.  For example, recharge time on buildup, Gaussian's proc use on each works differently in each, and you might be slotting that in aim instead.  With build-up you get to be more selective on exactly which powers the bonus is applied to.  On one hand, Build-up uses activation time, so that can hurt a sustained attack chain.  On the other hand, having buildup w/gaussian's every time you hit your nuke is pretty great. 

I think it comes down to personal preference.  I suspect the auto buff powers would win in a Pylon test because that is testing sustained non-stop damage.  But I doubt the difference would be much. 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Also, Targeting Drone (and Focused Accuracy) have To Hit Debuff resistance (and perception debuff resistance).  Build Up and Maneuvers Tactics do not have To Hit Debuff resistance. (although Tactics has Perception debuff resistance).

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
error on my part

Who run Bartertown?

3 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Also, Targeting Drone (and Focused Accuracy) have To Hit Debuff resistance (and perception debuff resistance).  Build Up and Maneuvers do not have To Hit Debuff resistance.

You mean Tactics not Maneuvers, right?  Though neither one has to hit debuff resistance of course.

• Like 1