Shinobi-Iri and Infiltration

TraumaTrain

Unless something changed and I didn't notice, Shinobi-Iri cannot be on at the same time as Infiltration as Infiltration is still considered a Stealth power.

• Thanks 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

Thanks!

Which one is better to take? Infiltration is expensive to run but has some interesting slotting capabilities.

Well, Shinobi-Iri isn't the movement power in the set anymore. It's "just" a stealth power with all positional defenses attached. I believe the movement bonuses were given to the Mez Resist power, Kuji-In Rin, instead. That said, it doesn't suppress any of those defenses when in combat if I remember correctly, while Infiltration costs more to run and has reduced defense when in combat.

For reference, the "Ninja Run" power (just like Beast Run and Athletic Run) is the same base speed as Infiltration. You can run that power plus Shinobi-Iri and basically have an unslotted Infiltration. That said, Infiltration does allow slots, including movement enhancements, so you can boost its speed while Ninja Run is stuck at base.

Really comes down to what you want to do and have room for.

Edited by ForeverLaxx

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

3 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

For reference, the "Ninja Run" power (just like Beast Run and Athletic Run) is the same base speed as Infiltration.

Not quite. 

Infiltration gives +150.65% jump speed and +154% run speed

The ninja run type prestige powers give +136.95% jump speed and +140% run speed.

So, not a huge difference, but base infiltration is a bit faster, and then of course as you mentioned you can slot them, which helps a lot more.   

On a /ninja though I'd probably stick with Shinobi-Iri for the extra defense as more important.  Take super jump/super speed instead if you want a faster travel power than ninja run + Kuji-in Rin. 

I take infiltration on a lot of characters as a way to get a decent travel power + stealth + the added bonus of an extra place to stick a LoTG all in one.   However, a /ninja shouldn't be hurting for potential places to put LoTG and you already have a stealth power available, so infiltration isn't as attractive imo.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Questions about scrapper characters should go into the Scrapper section; thanks 😃 (And also, topic moved)

It wasn't a scrapper question though. It was a "how does this stealth power stack with that stealth power" question.

• Like 2

I thought the Ninja Power just added to the other travel powers now.  So, wasn't a travel power so much as it added to other travel powers.  Should be able to use the stealth with the infiltration stealth.

I don't recall if the two speed powers stacked, but I thought they did.