Nature Affinity with all primaries

FenrisWolf44

So I've been experimenting with Nature Mastery, level 1-26, solo, SO's only, extra difficulty/team size.

So far Demons comes out on top, all round good survivability, loads of damage, didn't lose a single pet all the way, and plenty of fun. Good AI as well.

Beasts also has done very well, again good survivabilty, only lost a couple of wolves, fun. Good AI, do what they are told without delay.

Thugs again another strong combo, didn't lose a single pet, fun, good AI.

Necromancy, no problems at all, didn't lose a pet, zombies surprisingly high damage with the vomit 🤮Gelled well with nature.

Bots just didn't gel for me, I didn't lose any, but the primary just felt boring and slow, also the AI feels kind of wonky. In bodyguard mode it took them an age to react, and if you gave them any other orders they sat around pondering for vital seconds. Not sure if others have had this issue with bots.

Next to try is Ninja. I've heard they are hard to keep alive, so this should be interesting...

Update - Ninja didn't work, with no resistances they just dropped too fast for healing to save them. 😞 Need a defensive set like Time, Ice or FF to be effective I would imagine. Shame as they did really good damage.

Edited by FenrisWolf44

This is your experiment, but I don't think you can accurately judge a primary until the second upgrade is included., robots especially so.  They're painful without the second upgrade.

I'm thinking of doing something similar for Cold.  I've already got 50s of all but Beasts, Mercs and Ninjas so might as well finish the set.

My experience has only been with Necromancy and with their own ability to life drain and a combination of ranged and melee it is a good combination indeed. At level 33 I am currently handling +3X1.  They don't have a lot of AOE so doing more enemies may be a bad idea although I might try it.

1 hour ago, evetsleep said:

Thugs and Bots kind of reach a whole new level once you get entangling aura to hold things in burn patches.  I'd recommend testing up to at least 40 before really deciding.

Yes! My Bots/Nature MM is one of my most fun MM's I've ever made. It played nice leveling, and plays even nicer with entangling aura (I slapped some generic hold IO's in it as well to try and make it more effective). And with the bots being ranged, they also play well laying down the faerie patch, putting them on go-to in it, and bringing baddies to them in the patch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster