A Bit of a Rant, Need some Help

smnolimits42

Ok, as the Title says, this will be a bit of a rant.  I need some help deciding on my next defender.  I already have like 4 Empaths, so thats out.  I've almost finished getting my scrapper, Cave Slayer to 50.  I find she's too slow, and not very good on teams.  So i've decided to go back to being a Defender.  I'm thinking of making an Electric/Electric defender.  I've never played one before and was wondering, how best to play it??  I don't really need a build, but some insight.  Plus i have no real money or influence.  

Endurance drain - despite all the buffs - still isn't all that great a tactic. As implemented, Electric Blast is terrible for Corruptors (the additional damage can't Scourge) and not all that great on Defenders (the additional damage is a percentage rather than a fixed proc and Electric Blast powers aren't very proc-friendly). If you want to do Electric Blast, I think Blaster (or even Sentinel) is a far better choice. Even in ideal circumstances, you're really only getting the "Shocked!" on major single target enemies and it's incredibly tricky to pull it off for your ultimate (you need something like ESD Arrow to toss ahead of your blast). Electric Affinity also isn't all that synergistic with Electric Blast since its endurance drain tends to be a slow, steady reduction than Bam!-Zero-End effects.

In terms of Electric Affinity, it's a mixed bag. Faraday Cage is a tremendous power but the QoL on it is problematic since you have to be constantly replacing it as you move. Almost nothing in the set is the kind of fire-and-forget power you can use to buff teammates so they can go off and wreck havoc elsewhere. The powers aren't self-stacking, so they tend to be a bit limited. It's heavily focused on recharge and recharge is normally something that fully developed heroes/villains can't really use. The self-recharge it provides requires an enormous investment of your own time, minimizing the value. Most of the time, I tend to relegate Electric Affinity to Masterminds since it's great for the kind of static solo fights they like and it's arguably the best 'Tankermind' secondary.

I'd suggest putting this on the defender forum if that's what you're looking to create next.     I'm curious what you're playing for scrapper, since soloing is what that

AT is best at - should be the fastest of anything you can play.

+1 on wondering what Scrapper you are using. Elec blasts has been improved in terms of damage, but end drain still remains a bit of "It is what it is." EA is one of the better primaries. I know it gets mentioned as one of the more ideal sets for doing some of the harder things in CoH. It is active as all can get out though. Like, I ODed on Kin and admit EA can be a lot of button smashing.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Sorry, I was a little slow getting back to you guys, my Scrapper is called Cave Slayer, and she just hit lvl 45. Powers are War Mace/Invulnerability.  Speaking of which, what would be the next solo content, for her level ?? By the way, what does QoL, stand for ??

This also make me wonder about slotting the toggles, i think right now i only have one end rdx in each, and i'm running out of slots.  I also have no problems soloing, although i find i have to rest between battles, i turn off travel powers during battle.  Maybe i should post this in the Scrapper Forums.

7 hours ago, smnolimits41 said:

Sorry, I was a little slow getting back to you guys, my Scrapper is called Cave Slayer, and she just hit lvl 45. Powers are War Mace/Invulnerability.  Speaking of which, what would be the next solo content, for her level ?? By the way, what does QoL, stand for ??

QoL = Quality of Life.  Typically it has minimal mechanical benefit but reduces the hassle and difficulty of it, whatever it is.