Pet Procs

Killawar

Made a necro MM the other day, was wondering about the lich. You can slot so many different proc enhancements in it but will they all function? For instance, you can slot the -res from Achilles in it, but does it proc on every ability or does it still follow the rules of power-to-slot applicability? 

Yeah, it can be hard to figure out how often a particular proc will fire off on a pet because they are triggered by specifc powers that pet uses and how frequently.

For what it's worth, I think Overwhelming Force in the Tier 1 is generally a good idea, especially with melee pets.

Cloud Sense proc  in the Lich is a good bet.

I tend to put Achilles Heel and Lady Gray on the Knights, but I haven't done the maths.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, kelika2 said:

power-to-slot

so its lifedrain wont proc heel because there is no -def

This. You want to identify areas where procs could affect multiple powers on the same pet. Guessing Cloud Senses would have the best effects on Lich if they can be slotted on that. I think Achilles’ Heel works ok on Grave Knight. 

3 hours ago, arcane said:

This. You want to identify areas where procs could affect multiple powers on the same pet. Guessing Cloud Senses would have the best effects on Lich if they can be slotted on that. I think Achilles’ Heel works ok on Grave Knight. 

Yep, okay is about right because only the sword attacks will trigger it. Cloud Senses is good on the Lich (everything bar his hold procs it if I remember right).

Achilles & Shield Breaker are very good on Enforcers. And Explosive Strike (kB proc) is very very good on a Bruiser.

The only damage proc worth slotting in the Lich is Cloud Sense. Four out of six Lich powers can activate it (Dark Blast, Torrent, Tenebrous Tentacles and Life Drain). Two of which are AoE. The four attacks are the Lich's quickest recharging powers so they are used the most frequent.

The remaining damage procs only have a chance to activate in a single power. Knockdown, Torrent; hold, Petrifying Gaze; immobilize, Tenebrous Tentacles; heal, Life Drain; fear, Fearsome Stare.

If you have a spare slot and want to add another proc, I would go with either immobilize or hold. TT is the Lich's second fastest recharge power so it will be used more often. It's also an AoE. Hold because it can slot a purple proc (Unbreakable Constraint), so it will do a little more damage. Also I think it may activate 100% of the time (PG has a 16s CD)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, arcane said:

I tested out this  Achilles' Heel: Chance for Resistance Debuff  the other day in the power Radiation Infection.   I know... this is a power and not a henchmen.

I found the proc to only activate about 1 PPM instead of the 3.5 PPM that it is supposed to.   The -20% Res for 10 seconds was right, just not the PPM.

I tested the proc out in RV using my 2nd account and was dissatisfied with the proc rate so much that I replaced the proc with  Dark Watcher's Despair: Chance for Recharge Slow.

The point I am trying to make here is you should test out these procs in-game before settling on your final build.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, hellona100 said:

I tested out this  Achilles' Heel: Chance for Resistance Debuff  the other day in the power Radiation Infection.   I know... this is a power and not a henchmen.

I found the proc to only activate about 1 PPM instead of the 3.5 PPM that it is supposed to.   The -20% Res for 10 seconds was right, just not the PPM.

I tested the proc out in RV using my 2nd account and was dissatisfied with the proc rate so much that I replaced the proc with  Dark Watcher's Despair: Chance for Recharge Slow.

The point I am trying to make here is you should test out these procs in-game before settling on your final build.

You placed a Proc in a toggle with only 1 chance to proc every 10 seconds as a result, and got disappointing results? Shock.

Death is the best debuff.

• 3 weeks later
On 5/31/2022 at 6:44 PM, pblue said:

Yeah, it can be hard to figure out how often a particular proc will fire off on a pet because they are triggered by specifc powers that pet uses and how frequently.

For what it's worth, I think Overwhelming Force in the Tier 1 is generally a good idea, especially with melee pets.

I too prefer to put the Overwhelming Force in the T1 henchmen... the ones you will have 3 of,,,  (except for Robots, they get Sudden Acceleration) simply for maximum opportunities to knock down opponents. I also try to split-the-difference and try to have the Soulbound Allegiance %Build Up in the T1, raw numbers will be better on the T3, but I like to see the little guys helping themselves as they suffer from the level shift the most.

There are some pets (not henchmen) that have very few attacks (e.g. Spiderlings) so as much as I like to have 3 little guys with those procs, it turns out to not be a very effective use of the slots or Enhancements.