Trip mine accuracy question

PainX

right so i got trip mine slotted with 60.1% acc i have 2x 7% 2x 9% and im running 27% tohit with targeting drone and the defense IO and seeing this

now as this looks like gibberish here is a fireball with 43.9 acc slotted same target and buffs going i cant make heads or tails of this the trip mine slotting is far superior accuracy wise from what i can tell 

[18:35] Trip Mine: MISSED Captain!! Your Trip Mine power had a 75.32% chance to hit, you rolled a 97.64.

[18:35] HIT Captain! Your Fire Ball power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 33.73.

I haven't noticed anything weird with it. Mine is slotted with 5 Oblits (not the proc cos they don't work) and a KB2KD. 

Running yesterdays run of my Rad/Devices (vs +4s / +5s) through the Parser Acc is where I'd expect it. 

image.png.7750e360b9e48758abb7a366f11c4245.png

So best I can say is upload your log file to https://www.carnifax.org and you should get some figures for it. 

100% of the time nothing to parse the accuracy does not chance not even 00.01% all ways 75.32% what i need to know is why are worse slotted powers hitting 95% with 16% less accuracy then trip mine

//edit okay so i have an idea is there a chance that pseudo pets spawn at -1 level like real pets this would actualy make sense then

Edited by PainX
idea

This is where I get a little lost on precisely what certain things in CoD mean.

What exactly does "Boosts are copied to entity" mean?  I take that in general to mean global buffs and global attribute buffs (in this case 32% global accuracy) on the caster are also used by the "entity" in this case the trip mine 'pet'.  Equally clearly either that is incorrect or some misunderstanding is occurring somewhere on exactly what if anything is getting applied and to what.  A final hit chance of 97.64 is a miss, but how is it generating a final hit chance of 75.32 as the goal?  And it actually appears worse than 16% less accuracy with Fireball as the "entity" itself has an accuracy of 1.2 (i.e. 120%) not 1.0.

Edit:  @PainXwhat level foes was this trip mine attacking?

Edited by Doomguide2005

so im a moron unaffected by to hit buffs tried turning them off 75.32% regardless it should be 3 slotted with acc when leveling basicly not a set due to bad scaling in reality not affected by aim targeting drone or kismet which i have for a current 27% to hit bonus but trip mine dont seem to care and seems it needs around 80-90% acc slotting when leveling i imagine at 50 with good sets you will need much less due to imba 15% acc set bonuses

Edit: @Doomguide2005i was attacking a 45 as a level 41 im fully slotted for hitting 95% with every power something i did on purpose i wanted real smooth non painful leveling or well i thought i was fully slotted for it trip mine is not only good for +3

Edited by PainX

At one time the game had a built in chance to miss, no mater what level of accuracy you had.  I believe it still does, so even if you have 200% accuracy on a power there is still a chance it can miss.  Not absolutely sure but I believe it is a 5% chance to miss no matter how high your accuracy is.  Also at one point the To Hit buff from target drone also affected Trip Mine so Device blasters could skip slotting Acc mods, but that was before IOs which have made SO slotting meaningless.

On 6/16/2022 at 12:07 AM, dragonhawk777 said:

At one time the game had a built in chance to miss, no mater what level of accuracy you had.  I believe it still does, so even if you have 200% accuracy on a power there is still a chance it can miss.  Not absolutely sure but I believe it is a 5% chance to miss no matter how high your accuracy is.  Also at one point the To Hit buff from target drone also affected Trip Mine so Device blasters could skip slotting Acc mods, but that was before IOs which have made SO slotting meaningless.

Essentially correct.   Getting your or the foes final hit chance boils down to two steps.  First step is you figure out how the defense and to hit buffs and debuffs effect the foes base chance to hit.  This value can be no less than 5% or greater than 95%.  Results outside this 5 to 95 range are considered to be the minimum or maximum.  The second step is to use that result and multiply it by all accuracy mods involved and again that result is left between 5% and 95% final hit chance.  So yes players will always miss at least 5% of the time.  Likewise your foes always have at least a 5% chance to hit you.  BUT unless you are always fighting +0 foes or less their actual final miss chance is going to be greater than 5% because of the Accuracy buff foes of higher rank or greater level receive (and certain powers/power sets like Archery receive).  

okay this thread ultimate came to pass because here is unslotted boxing versus fully slotted trip mine on a +4  basicly the outcome is pseudo pets live by their own rules and they dont like sets while your leveling

[00:52] HIT Jaeger! Your Boxing power had a 91.24% chance to hit, you rolled a 62.34.

[00:53] Trip Mine: HIT Jaeger! Your Trip Mine power had a 76.05% chance to hit, you rolled a 10.14.