The Lotus Drops ??

smnolimits42

Is the Lotus Drops worth keeping ??  I thought it was an AoE.  I find it hits maybe one guy.  I just reached lvl 37 with my Katana/Super Reflexes Scrapper.  I'm planning on respecing now, and just wanted your insight.  Which powers should i keep, and which powers are useless ??

That's odd. I've got mutiple Katana scrappers and LDs is a mandatory pick IMO.

These are my personal picks for Kat. Obviously, everyone prioritizes things differently. DA and CtW are personally ever picked for me as set mules. But the stuff that is highlighter yellow are the ones I don't take. This is Kat/SR, so I could see DA being wanted on something else. But LDs seems like it is mandatory for ANY combination.

Also, my KAT/SR is 50 and fully setted out and exemps very well. It isn't a leveling build, so I assume choices would be different for a leveling build with mostly SOs/IOs.

image.png.f6255659383528ba622c38190bc16aca.png

Yes, it's worth keeping even if the aoe is a bit limited with the 8y. Together with flashing steel these are your only options to AoE in the Katana powerset.

Server: Excelsior (Currently playing)
Jack Hallows - Spines / Fire Brute (Villain)

Girl Genius - Robots / Time Mastermind (Hero)

Battle Maid - Katana / Super Reflexes Scrapper (Vigilante)

Combat Maid - Staff / Willpower Tanker (Hero)

Lotus Drops is not an AoE, but a PBAoE (Point Blank Area of Effect) instead. Maybe you're just not positioning yourself correctly?

The skill hits enemies around you, so ideally you'd want to be surrounded by enemies when using It. It's definitely a must have skill in my opinion.

Edited by Falsey
  • Like 1

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

I actually slot the scrapper ATO into Lotus because the proc rate isnt THAT much worse than SD which is the optimal placement for single target, and it check for every target hit. I actually don't bother with FS most of the time since it and SotW are the most droppable attacks (after DA which you keep on some builds for the option durability wise or to mule something)

Unless you are Scrapper Locking onto someone away from the pack, you will hit everything around you for about 2-3 ranks deep.

Edited by Koopak