NPC Trainer for Perez Park (With a Twist!)

First of all, I think zones like Perez Park could use a trainer. Might get more old-school street sweeper teams if you didn't have to run too far to level up.

--- BUT --- 

You could make it a fun event for the community. Advertise an All-Shard Costume Contest where players submit a costume, unique name, and brief backstory for the trainer so there is something to read when a player clicks on "Info". Yes, you could just add a Longbow trainer or something to the zone (or a Mender trainer to Ouroboros [Hint, Hint]) but creative events like this could get people excited about participating. Winners and Runner-Ups could be awarded with Emp Merits, Reward Merits and Unique Titles.

Something to consider. What say you?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think any hazard zones have trainers.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

35 minutes ago, MetaZombie2 said:

First of all, I think zones like Perez Park could use a trainer. Might get more old-school street sweeper teams if you didn't have to run too far to level up.

--- BUT --- 

You could make it a fun event for the community. Advertise an All-Shard Costume Contest where players submit a costume, unique name, and brief backstory for the trainer so there is something to read when a player clicks on "Info". Yes, you could just add a Longbow trainer or something to the zone (or a Mender trainer to Ouroboros [Hint, Hint]) but creative events like this could get people excited about participating. Winners and Runner-Ups could be awarded with Emp Merits, Reward Merits and Unique Titles.

Something to consider. What say you?

I second this, great idea!

Actually, this might be a good place for a quest / hunt type repeatable mission. For example: arrest 25 Skulls, or arrest 10 Lost bosses etc. When the player turns in the mission, they get a small or medium bonus for the mission accomplished. It would be a good way to mark progress towards some of the badges, like Lost bosses or Hellions bosses etc.

Then, make this NPC a trainer also!

4 hours ago, MetaZombie2 said:

Hollows does.

The Hollows is more of a "story zone" - I know it was classified as a hazard zone earlier on, but it's kind of the prototype for places like Croatoa and ("new") Faultline. Besides, earlier on it didn't - had to take a long pre-travel-power run or the "death express" back to Atlas to train.  Perez, Boomtown, Crey's, (old) DA are more standard "hazard" zones.  (Maybe I should say "classic.")

Honestly, I can't say if I'm for or against this. Mostly pointing out it doesn't really fit a "hazard zone" currently.  I'm more mildly curious about where the sudden rush of "People should be street sweeping!" is coming from.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.