Whatever you're doing Homecoming Team, keep doing it

Prototech

Classic story that I'm sure a majority of people here share; I am back to playing one of the greatest games of all time and I LOVE it.

Not only do I love it, but I love the changes/additions/improvements made by the team. I know some decisions are controversial but I couldn't be happier, in fact I hope they keep adding and keep changing. With all the great changes to leveling alts up and things being unlocked, playing a lot and getting value is just ... man... it's awesome.

Just keep changing, tweaking, and change back change forward. I don't play due to nostalgia I don't need things to stay static and as long as you feel free to change I feel confident you'll adjust anything you need to even if it's reverting things. Don't hesitate, be bold!!!

I enjoy this build way more than I ever did any live builds. Yes there are typos and weirdness here and there but again that can be fixed and I'd rather have a rapid pace of changes than some slow corporate fear based approach.

Total rambling rant I know just wanted it out there. And if you wanted to create donation goals for specific goals, like a goal for adding costume pieces by hiring an artist, I'm all for it. I guess I should start with a 'retail' general donation of 50 bucks then a monthly but would be awesome to 'sponsor' specifc ideas you guys have, vote with the wallet kind of things.

To be clear I'm not advocating for buying features, it's more ideas that the devs come up with and they gauge interest and prioritize based on what the community wants.

Knowing there are i24 servers out there with a zealous adherence to what the game was at shutdown?  I'm with you.  Bring on the changes.  I'll find my nostalgia experience if I truly want it.  It's literally impossible to kill at this point.

I love all the polished off sets and proliferations.  I feel like Sentinel is a bit bland (Assault would've been cooler than Blast) but I love the bold decision to publish it.  Keep it up.  Feel free to finish up those other Origin-derived pools while you're it, SCORE/Homecoming.

I don't see any particular value in maintaining the game in the state it was in at launch, and it's so weird people are so disdainful of homecoming and SCORE advancing the game using material the Paragon devs already designed.

TBH I want to see more stuff - like the other origin power pools. No idea if that's remotely feasible, but I'd rather that than stasis.

I agree...change is good.  Besides the only pure CoH is Issue 0, 2004.  Everything has been change since then...What 24 issues in 8 years?  3 major changes/year?

Anyone who complains about SCORE making changes doesn't really get CoH.  You can complain about the changes they made, the direction they are going, but you can't complain that they are doing something that's not CoH by making change.

CoH = change..

Besides,  going from Issue 24 to Issue 25 in what 7 years?  It's not like they've turned the world upside down - it's still CoH...

(Yes, I get that Issue 25 is an arbitrary SCORE designation, but really, it's about the size of one CoH Issue, maybe 2)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

To be honest, one of the things that drive me away form CoH was the Paragon Store. Even with all my vet rewards, it was a PITA to use and took away from my enjoyment of the game with its microtransaction nature. I can say the same for STO, and I have a lifetime sub with that game (whatever that means these days).

One reason I like Homecoming is because it thumbs its nose at the whole idea. I guess partly because it has the luxury to do so, but also because many of them probably felt the same way about the Paragon Store.

Keep it up. People who want an unadulterated form of CoH will already have options. I'm fine with what Homecoming has done.

Obsidius

Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch

NW-738

Knowing there are i24 servers out there with a zealous adherence to what the game was at shutdown?  I'm with you.  Bring on the changes.  I'll find my nostalgia experience if I truly want it.  It's literally impossible to kill at this point.

I love all the polished off sets and proliferations.  I feel like Sentinel is a bit bland (Assault would've been cooler than Blast) but I love the bold decision to publish it.  Keep it up.  Feel free to finish up those other Origin-derived pools while you're it, SCORE/Homecoming.

I agree 100%, would love to see sents with assault and another trait maybe similar to kheldians. That's actually my point too, I hope they feel they CAN change it, I don't want the game to get stuck where people are used to their sents and the devs cave to leaving them as is. I feel they probably agree they need tweaking and are holding off basically due to worry people will complain.

To be honest, one of the things that drive me away form CoH was the Paragon Store. Even with all my vet rewards, it was a PITA to use and took away from my enjoyment of the game with its microtransaction nature. I can say the same for STO, and I have a lifetime sub with that game (whatever that means these days).

One reason I like Homecoming is because it thumbs its nose at the whole idea. I guess partly because it has the luxury to do so, but also because many of them probably felt the same way about the Paragon Store.

Keep it up. People who want an unadulterated form of CoH will already have options. I'm fine with what Homecoming has done.

Couldn't agree more, them blasting that open and giving it away opened up the early game like crazy. It's exactly what COH can be about, choice and flair.