What TF/SFs do you run the most?

KaizenSoze

Without a doubt back in the "live" days it was the Katie Hannon TF 👍
Followed by the ITF.... Mothership Raids (if ya wanna call them "task forces")  😁
The last couple of years since we've been back?
I don't have a "favorite".... mainly because as much as I have always absolutely love this game?
Time is my biggest enemy... and I am actually retired now 🙄

Capture2.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 10:07 AM, Erratic1 said:

I am still mentally recovering from that. Even with new characters needing it I just cannot bring myself to do it. I was originally thinking of putting it off until 2023 at the earliest but may, if I can get a dedicated team for it, be able to tolerate a speed run of it.

Glad you made an exception for last night's Tanker Tuesday on Torch! 😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

There are quite a few of the 'non-accolade' SF/TF I enjoy, but I like Penelope Yin's TF best for PUGs.

Have all the missions in the same zone, with same doors is a true blessing.

I especially like that it occurs at a level when every different AT ought to have blossomed into their team role, and at a level where most set bonuses should have kicked in.  This allows higher level (exemplared) characters to turn up the difficulty. Oy, ToHit matters!

I like that it is so scalable once in the missions. I believe that there is some fraction of players that simply don't know how scalable it is: I've had PUG leaders of "Speed Yin" ask me "WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING THOSE GROUPS?" (can be done in every mission, IIRC) and I've also had PUG leaders of "Defeat All Yin" ask me "WHY ARE YOU OPENING THOSE SIDE DOORS?"

The only thing I don't like about that TF is the 1% of PUGs lead by someone who thinks that this TF is the best way for them to work on the Doorbuster badge.

I think my favorite tf is Apex. 
I like dodging the blue and jousting Battle Maiden. 
But, the one I do for every character is Moonfire for the vamps and pups. It's simple, fairly fast. 

Other than that, the only reason I do other TFs is for the notice. 

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

That's what Mayhem Missions are for.

There are a large number of Ouroboros arcs which give players the ability to farm doors. The most straightforward (Blue side) is Aaron Thiery in Atlas Park, as it is literally the only door mission in the arc... although players may not have a wide variety of (non P2W) attacks to use, and may have some Endurance issues due to the level of the arc.

Making a TF team (or wait for others to) battle the doors in the Yin TF is something I find rude. It is thankfully very rare, but if the TF leader is going to go for THAT badge, you had better believe that I'll be aggroing as many mobs capable of granting Tankbuster and Assault and Battery as possible.

39 minutes ago, tidge said:

There are a large number of Ouroboros arcs which give players the ability to farm doors. The most straightforward (Blue side) is Aaron Thiery in Atlas Park, as it is literally the only door mission in the arc... although players may not have a wide variety of (non P2W) attacks to use, and may have some Endurance issues due to the level of the arc.

Making a TF team (or wait for others to) battle the doors in the Yin TF is something I find rude. It is thankfully very rare, but if the TF leader is going to go for THAT badge, you had better believe that I'll be aggroing as many mobs capable of granting Tankbuster and Assault and Battery as possible.

I know, but Mayhem!!!!! And you have to get Mayhem badges.

• Thumbs Up 1