Ice Armor..which AT is the best?

The_Warpact

Simple enough question, I thought I heard broots had conflicting issues with Rage.

Tanks if I wanted to be nigh unstoppable and scrappys I don't think about although stalkers might be viable.

Any primaries that have good synergy with Ice?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I'm pretty sure those Fury issues were fixed closer to CoV's launch. Your brute will generate Fury just fine.

It's not really bad on any AT. Scrappers and Stalker benefit from getting Icy Bastion as a T9 instead of Hibernate. Using Ice Armor on a Tank is pretty easy mode for most game content. Tanks can softcap on SOs thanks to Energy Absorption. And you'll never have End problems again thanks to the same power.

I love it the most on Tanks, but that's mostly personal preference. It will pair great with anything. Pair it with your favorite melee. You have unlimited Taunt, great End recovery, and a dumptruck full of HP. Carnies hurt, though.

For what it's worth, one of my fave Tanks, and well toons actually, is Ice/SS.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

6 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I'm pretty sure those Fury issues were fixed closer to CoV's launch. Your brute will generate Fury just fine.

It's not really bad on any AT. Scrappers and Stalker benefit from getting Icy Bastion as a T9 instead of Hibernate. Using Ice Armor on a Tank is pretty easy mode for most game content. Tanks can softcap on SOs thanks to Energy Absorption. And you'll never have End problems again thanks to the same power.

I love it the most on Tanks, but that's mostly personal preference. It will pair great with anything. Pair it with your favorite melee. You have unlimited Taunt, great End recovery, and a dumptruck full of HP. Carnies hurt, though.

For what it's worth, one of my fave Tanks, and well toons actually, is Ice/SS.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:22 AM, The_Warpact said:

Simple enough question, I thought I heard broots had conflicting issues with Rage.

Tanks if I wanted to be nigh unstoppable and scrappys I don't think about although stalkers might be viable.

Any primaries that have good synergy with Ice?

Ice was never on brutes at the start, that Fury fix you talked about didn't happen till tail end of the game(before we all knew it was the tail end). When they decided to proliferate Ice Armor to brutes and Ice Melee.   It was changed no matter if you get hit or missed you gain fury.  But increased those gains, before majority if your Fury came from taking actual damage.

All the ATs can soft capped the defense if you know how to build,  As for SS on Defense set, sure you can avoid Rage Crash with no DEF Debuff...but why? Point of rage is stacking it.  SS will always be best suited for Resistance based Armor sets or sets with high regen/healing rates.

If you need a build, go to JJDrakken's Random Builds which is below this post somewhere and request.

Edited by JJDrakken
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

Ice was never on brutes at the start, that Fury fix you talked about didn't happen till tail end of the game(before we all knew it was the tail end). When they decided to proliferate Ice Armor to brutes and Ice Melee.   It was changed no matter if you get hit or missed you gain fury.  But increased those gains, before majority if your Fury came from taking actual damage.

Sorry, I'm misremembering then. There was a similar issue with Fury closer to the launch of CoV. I wasn't sure when it got fixed. That was a long ass time ago.

6 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

SS will always be best suited for Resistance based Armor sets or sets with high regen/healing rates.

I don't disagree. I just find my Ice/SS to be very enjoyable.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Icy  Bastion is one of the best T9 powers in game and you can only get it with scrappers and stalkers. Both can also get hibernate in epic pool. 

One of my fav builds of all time and my main farmer was  a spine/ice scrapper with the spines costume as crystal colored to look like ice  that with the icicles made it gorgeous. Even though it was about a min behind a spine fire brute in farms it could run all content being very survivable and far more survivable than a spine/fire brute in normal content.

I won’t digress further. Normally I would say it depend on build but Ice armor on scrappers get so much more than other AT . It gets one of the best T9 in game and it also get Icicles damage aura no other Ice armor AT gets both.

Edited by Ironscarlet
  • Thanks 1