MidsReborn on Linux

Psyonico

Hi all,

I'm trying to make the switch over to Linux from Windows, specifically Ubuntu 22.04.  I got Mids up and running through WINE but the program doesn't seem to scale right on my 4k monitor.

image.thumb.png.26d3a4d3c2c5c4836f6c8f1066c51f72.png

As you can see, everything is really tiny.  I've tried resizing the window (which changes the scale of everything in Win10) but nothing seems to resize.  I've also tried changing the DPI settings in my WINECFG but that only affected the text size (which made the program harder to use).  It doesn't look like you can force WINE to use a specific resolution for a program, which would fix the problem, as when I lower the resolution of my monitor everything works fine.

Anyone have experience with this and know of any solutions?

Thanks,

What this team needs is more Defenders

No, the window and contents do not scale for me either on Linux. The size of the fonts can be changed under Options -> Configuration in the Enhancements and View tab and that might help you make the text readable. What are the physical dimensions of your 4k monitor?

I did notice something tho -- Mids seems to remember the x and y size of the window across close and open. If the window is stretched, the application closed and opened again, for a moment it re-scales the contents of the window then snaps the window back to smaller size, reverting the momentary re-scale on contents. If it was pinned down why the application did that, it might then allow re-scaling.

Arch Linux 5.18.13-1

KDE Plasma 5.25.3

Wine Staging 7.13-1

Mids Reborn v3.2.17

BenQ PD3200U

Edited by Digirium

Im running

Ubuntu 22.04

Mids 3.2.17

and an Acer 27 inch monitor.

I was actually originally trying this on my Asus laptop that has a 17" 4k monitor.  It seems better on my Acer display, probably because of the lower pixel density, but I still need to get a bit closer to it to be able to read some things.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Hi

It won't scale on windows either, Mids is unaware of high dpi settings and the main area has a max size. You may change font sizes - to some extent - but nothing can be done for the main graphics.
Keep in mind what you see in the main window on the right is just a single drawn surface. To keep it simple, it has its own rules for text rendering and you can only scale down power buttons.