Powerset Proliferation Suggestion

Player2

Let's open up the Kheldian and Arachnos powersets to the other ATs.

I know, I know... "Just play one of those ATs if you want those powers; They're very flexible."  Hear me out.

• What if I want to make a shield-bearing Warshade?
  • Or a fire-using Peacebringer?
  • Or an Arachnos Soldier that uses a beam rifle?
  • How about a widow that fights with something other than claws?
  • Or what if I want to play a non-kheldian with light attacks?

Obviously I'm not suggesting the full powersets with the multiple choices available all be included, but the existing ones pared down to 9 tiers appropriate to the AT they get proliferated to.  Multiple choice would still be an exclusive feature of the kheldians and VEATs.  But we could have Light Melee, Light Blast, Light Armor, Umbral Blast, Umbral Melee, Umbral Aura, as well as support sets of Teamwork and Training & Gadgets for Defenders, Corruptors, Controllers, and Masterminds.

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Let's open up the Kheldian and Arachnos powersets to the other ATs.

I know, I know... "Just play one of those ATs if you want those powers; They're very flexible."  Hear me out.

• What if I want to make a shield-bearing Warshade?
  • Or a fire-using Peacebringer?
  • Or an Arachnos Soldier that uses a beam rifle?
  • How about a widow that fights with something other than claws?
  • Or what if I want to play a non-kheldian with light attacks?

Obviously I'm not suggesting the full powersets with the multiple choices available all be included, but the existing ones pared down to 9 tiers appropriate to the AT they get proliferated to.  Multiple choice would still be an exclusive feature of the kheldians and VEATs.  But we could have Light Melee, Light Blast, Light Armor, Umbral Blast, Umbral Melee, Umbral Aura, as well as support sets of Teamwork and Training & Gadgets for Defenders, Corruptors, Controllers, and Masterminds.

You can already do all that.

A shield using Warshade? Behold the Energy Melee/Shield Defense Scrapper, Tanker, or Brute! (Just color the energy melee attacks purplish black.)

A fire-using Peacebringer? Behold the Fire Blast Blaster, Corruptor, or Sentinel! Or the Fire Melee Stalker, Scrapper, Tanker, or Brute if you prefer the fight to be in close.

A Beam Rifle Soldier of Arachnos? Behold the Beam Rifle/Traps Corruptor or Beam Rifle/Devices Blaster! Use the special helmets option and pattern the armor after the Soldiers of Arachnos.

An anything other than claws Widow? Behold the... uhm... pretty much anything.... This one is way easy since the helmet and suit patterns are already available. You just won't get the butt cape.

A non-Kheldian with light attacks? Behold the Energy Blast Blaster, Corruptor, or Sentinel! Or the energy melee Scrapper, Stalker, Tanker, or Brute if you prefer a non-traditional melee approach.

Thing is, you are asking for EATs to have their power sets proliferated to standard ATs.

They're Epic ATs. They were never designed to conform to the standard AT rules. They were in fact designed to not follow the standard AT rules. The Kheldians seemingly to make the game harder unless you were on a team so the different ATs could buff your abilities, and the Soldiers of Arachnos and Widows of Arachnos to get stronger the more of them are on the team. So their power sets don't translate well to other ATs. As you have pointed out.

Further, the powers to recreate them as non-EATs already exists. Before VEATs were introduced? Players were already playing Arachnos operatives. They used Assault Rifle and Traps for their Soldiers of Arachnos. They used any psionic character for the Fortunatas. They used Claws with I think Super Reflexes (or Ninjitsu) for the Blood Widows. They used any other power set they wanted if they wanted a non-conformist Arachnos agent.

And players that didn't want to use Kheldian powers for their Kheldians? They made another character and called it a Kheldian. Either declaring that the Kheldian made the mistake of trying to take over an already super-powered individual who was able to keep the Kheldian from taking over and merging, the Kheldian using its power to bolster the character's innate abilities, or in some disturbing cases, mentally or spiritually devouring the Kheldian to further fuel their own powers.

The options you want already exist. Making a non-standard Soldier of Arachnos is difficult because you have to approximate some of the costume pieces, but as was proven on Live before the VEATs were introduced, it is very much possible. And you even have access to the helmets (and Crab backpack) to help pull off the look.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

You can already do all that.

A shield using Warshade? Behold the Energy Melee/Shield Defense Scrapper, Tanker, or Brute! (Just color the energy melee attacks purplish black.)

Energy melee looks different than Umbral Melee.  Changing the color isn't quite the same thing.

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

A fire-using Peacebringer? Behold the Fire Blast Blaster, Corruptor, or Sentinel! Or the Fire Melee Stalker, Scrapper, Tanker, or Brute if you prefer the fight to be in close.

Fire attacks appropriate to whatever AT and fire set fine... There's no Light Blast to go with Fire Manipulation, though... no Light Melee to go with Fiery Aura... no Light Aura to combine with Fire Melee (or Fire Blast for sentinels).

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

A Beam Rifle Soldier of Arachnos? Behold the Beam Rifle/Traps Corruptor or Beam Rifle/Devices Blaster! Use the special helmets option and pattern the armor after the Soldiers of Arachnos.

You're not convincing me by saying just accept substitutions.  Traps and Devices aren't Arachnos Soldier Gadgets & Training.

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

An anything other than claws Widow? Behold the... uhm... pretty much anything.... This one is way easy since the helmet and suit patterns are already available. You just won't get the butt cape.

Widow Teamwork secondary is different from all the other powersets.  Yes, you could also take the Leadership pool to build into that... but hey, Widows can take Leadership pool for double effect Leadership powers.  You're saying an awful lot to make the point of accept imitations instead of asking for additional options.  But I say no to your suggestions just like the devs will probably say no to this.   Did we need Sentinels?  Just build a traditional blapper.  Or make a scrapper with some temp powers and ranged powers from the pools.  But they went ahead and gave us sentinels anyhow.  How about you take your negativity and apply it to how you enjoy playing the game and keep it away from my ideas?

6 hours ago, Vanden said:

Bonding with a kheldian causes all the fingers on a human's hand to fuse together and leaves them unable to use weapons. This is canon

Except in the cases of temp power weapons which, I guess, canon completely ignores.  It's dumb canon and should be de-canonized.

If not de-canonized, then Peacebringers and Warshades should be excluded from all temp powers that have weapons attached to them.

Edited by Player2

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

Energy melee looks different than Umbral Melee.  Changing the color isn't quite the same thing.

So ask for alternate animations for it.

Fire attacks appropriate to whatever AT and fire set fine... There's no Light Blast to go with Fire Manipulation, though... no Light Melee to go with Fiery Aura... no Light Aura to combine with Fire Melee (or Fire Blast for sentinels).

There's Energy Blast to go with Fire Manipulation. There's Energy Melee to go with Fiery Aura. It doesn't look right? Ask for alternate animations.

You're not convincing me by saying just accept substitutions.  Traps and Devices aren't Arachnos Soldier Gadgets & Training.

Neither is Beam Rifle.

Widow Teamwork secondary is different from all the other powersets.  Yes, you could also take the Leadership pool to build into that... but hey, Widows can take Leadership pool for double effect Leadership powers. 

That's what they did before VEATs were a thing, so yes, that would be my recommendation.

You're saying an awful lot to make the point of accept imitations instead of asking for additional options. 

I'm saying you can be creative and do what you are asking for.

How about you take your negativity and apply it to how you enjoy playing the game and keep it away from my ideas?

Welcome to the forums. Where people give feedback on the proposed suggestions. I'm sorry you think I'm simply being negative. I was trying to point out the ways the things you are asking for have already been done and the fact that you can also do them too.