Raising PvP Zone -level enforcement- NON RV

Raising PvP zones to 50  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best course of action.

• 1. Raise Bloody Bay, Sirens Call, and Warburg to level 50
    • 2. Bloody Bay Raise to 30 | leave Sirens Call at 30 -as is- | and raise Warburg to level 50 to match Recluses Victory
    • 3. Don't change the level caps, they are fine where they are.
  2. 2. If you voted for 1 -OR- 2 : ~ Are you bothered by the few groupings of 'out of place' lower level mobs that will appear in these zones if applied, without adjusting their spawndefs? or, could you live with it until it's able to be corrected?

• Yes, they bother me.
    • No, I don't care about the de-leveled mobs, just the players!
    • I chose 3. and don't want the zones changed at all

9 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Not saying it is any different. Was just making a note that the goal of differentiated PvP levels won't happen. If anything, the current configuration where those in Bloody Bay are limited to level 25+5 gives starting PvP players a better chance to learn before facing the unbridled might of a fully developed PvP character. I'm not a PvP player. I'm pretty sure I will never be a PvP player. So while I may make notes and observations, that is all they are. Sorry.

I altered the post due to good suggestions. This creates two flat zone PvP Meta's 30 (no T9), and 50. Feedback is feedback and I appreciate it.

Edited by Terius

Saw someone say Melee has it easier in the lower level PvP zones. Actually, the opposite is true. Melee does worse in lower level PvP zones as they have fewer ranged attacks available at that level. Remember, the meta for PvP zones (of any level) is to use Jaunt or Flight to run away the minute you're attacked. So, melee characters without ranged attacks aren't killing anything. (And even with ranged attacks, if someone is dedicated to running away at the first sign of trouble...you're not going to kill them. Most of them have checked out of zone PvP entirely.)

The abundance of Jaunt/TP and Flight, plus PvP zones having huge skyboxes, is the main reason PvP zones aren't fun. (And l imagine why most PvPers haven't bothered to contribute to this thread/vote on the polls.)

For context. Here's how tall the buildings in Siren's Call are:

image.png.7a41b07526290fc2fe58e6e1e23fd9e1.pngimage.png.1f9111ec81f177e0e4d37d55daebc993.png

And here's how big the skybox is:

image.png.2800b91c4494153803f5c883f00d4d82.png

Bloody Bay is even worse.

Here's the height of the buildings:

image.png.e55f17c96120577b1be2e1f45a09099b.png

And here's the skybox (buildings aren't even in render range!)

image.png.60fa3fb6a883d0f8a492b200f4239494.png 

Taking a step back from the specifics of this thread, if the goal is to get more people PvPing in zones, then lowering the PvP zone skyboxes might be a good start.

Edited by America's Angel
  • Thumbs Up 2

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

7 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Taking a step back from the specifics of this thread, if the goal is to get more people PvPing in zones, then lowering the PvP zone skyboxes might be a good start.

I really like this point.

It's something that could be considered with other PvP zone improvements -for sure- not entirely sure how hard that would be to do.

It's great that you changed the poll, but the poll is biased now. Those that chose option 3 for the first choice and had to choose either option 1 or 2 for the second choice can't change their vote to reflect they chose option 3 for the first choice. (Since prior to you changing the poll, our choice was limited to either the lower level mobs are fine or they bother us.)

9 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It's great that you changed the poll, but the poll is biased now. Those that chose option 3 for the first choice and had to choose either option 1 or 2 for the second choice can't change their vote to reflect they chose option 3 for the first choice. (Since prior to you changing the poll, our choice was limited to either the lower level mobs are fine or they bother us.)

It's hardly a change I realize this but it was in response largely to the opinions of the people who voted that option. and glacier changed their vote? somehow? I would recommend to anyone who's vote changed from three to two. to simply say that in a reply? its what glacier did

The discussion has made me change my mind from option 3 to option 2. And while levelled mobs are important eventually, I wouldn't care about some grey baddies for a while. That's the kind of spreadsheet-editing garbage work I'd volunteer to help with. 

On 8/7/2022 at 10:40 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but if you up the levels for players and not mobs that would make getting Warburg warheads and Shivans very easy to get.  Perhaps easier than the devs want, although I am sure many player's wouldn't complain.

A good point, exactly some of the feedback I was about to give as I've been looking into the matter personally. This is a topic I'd like to hear more diverse feedback on. idk about you but I'm okay with stronger shivans in the grand scheme. I always felt it was strange the shivans destroyed galaxy city and are perceived as these powerful space creatures. but they're not really seen as an objective target in a max level zone. it's interesting in WB too because it's a hostile zone with rogue enemies.

Well, to be fair, the Shivans that destroyed Galaxy City are flagged as Neo-Shivans after the tutorial and they are not friendly to the standard Shivans. They both come from Battalion, but for whatever reason, the fall of Galaxy City Neo-Shivans are hostile to the predecessor Shivans.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:33 AM, Moka said:

My question is: Do people actually use Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, and Warburg for anything but for the temporary powers for PVE sake?

Back in the days of Guardian, we had a weekly event called the Guardian wars, which was basically 2-4 large sgs fighting it out but we welcomed everyone, and the event population would have the zone at capacity often times.

Of the hardcore guardian pvp community we used to flip from heroes to villains and back to try and keep the zone relatively even so one side wouldn't feel that they were getting royal reamed.

That was super fun.

We also used Warburg for FFA events as it didn't matter if you were hero or villain.

I will admit we didn't use Bloody Bay too much aside of getting Shivans and the occasional lowbie fights.