Looking for a contact / story arc / mission...

Aiax

Hi all,

I am trying to remember a specific arc / mission from live but am drawing a complete blank.

It is a blue side mission and the only thing I remember is that for one of the missions, possibly the last one, you take a sub to Grandville and have to defeat 3 named Arachnos (a mu, widow and bane..I think).

I believe it was somewhere around lvl 25 - 35, but could be totally wrong. I don't think it was a regular contact mission but for the life of me can't remember where to get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Aiax said:

It is a blue side mission and the only thing I remember is that for one of the missions, possibly the last one, you take a sub to Grandville and have to defeat 3 named Arachnos (a mu, widow and bane..I think).

I believe it was somewhere around lvl 25 - 35, but could be totally wrong. I don't think it was a regular contact mission but for the life of me can't remember where to get it.

Is that the one where you're rescuing an Arachnos defector from execution?

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I am pretty sure that it isn't Faultline one, unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Is that the one where you're rescuing an Arachnos defector from execution?

It is possible it is that one.  Thinking a bit more on it, for the same mission I believe there was a fourth named Arachnos that you had to defeat, an arbiter I think. He was under the statue of Lord Recluse and you either had to defeat him to spawn the 3 other named or defeat the 3 named to spawn him. Or he was already there and one of the objectives.

Sorry not much to go on, just a vague recollection of doing the mission.

56 minutes ago, ScrewlooseCohh said:

That sounds like the Hero Alignment mission.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_One_Good_Spider

That's exactly the one I was thinking of, and I suspect the one @Aiax is remembering.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

If it's the one-good-spider alignment mission... if you take your time leading the defector out, you get to fight a lot more then 3 named badguys.  I've never counted the ambushes, but I'd estimate it's 5+ spawns of more baddies with a named enemy in each. 

If you ramp up the difficulty, this mission is a good test of a full built level 50.  Since the ambushes are on a timer, this is the rare instance where you need a balance of high damage and survivability to clear the ambushes before you get overwhelmed.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 7/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, Shred Monkey said:

if you take your time leading the defector out, you get to fight a lot more then 3 named badguys.

I vaguely remember there being a timer in this mission.  Is that just the timer on those ambushes?

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

I vaguely remember there being a timer in this mission.  Is that just the timer on those ambushes?

You have 3 minutes to defeat the two named Fortunatas to free the Bane.  At the end of 3 minutes, the ambushes start.  Makes no difference to the Bane if you rush or take your time, nothing happens to it.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.