Paladin Construction Event (not Paladin)

Turric

Does anyone know if there is an exact recharge on this timer? As in, how frequently it happens.

I have been doing GM encounters on all my characters the last month or two. I have been doing frequent call-outs for GMs on Everlasting, Excalibur and Indomitable so many of you might have taken advantage of this. Anyway, the Paladin Construction event has been the one encounter that I have on about a dozen characters or so because it SEEMS like it happens much less frequently than any of the others.

I like the encounter, it is relatively easy and can be soloed on many types of characters. I am just concerned about it's frequency, and whether this might deserve a slight adjustment. I know on Indomitable this might spawn too many Paladins before they are destroyed, which could possibly be a problem. Although the fix to this is simply have Paladin "despawn" (is that a word?) after 3 - 4 hours or so and be built again, preventing multiple Paladins congregating in Kings Row.

Another fix I had thought of was some kind of mechanic similar to Caleb or Deathsurge in which you must work to spawn Paladin. Kill 100 Clockwork or some such.

Thoughts or opinions?

IIRC, the timer that starts the event is variable.  (ETA: the wiki says it can be from a few seconds up to 36 hours.)

The key point, though, is that another construction event can't happen until the Paladin spawned from that construction site is defeated.  So if there are already three Paladins in Kings Row, then the construction event will never be triggered. If you're looking to get the construction event badge for preventing the construction, you need to clear out existing Paladins from Kings Row, and then watch for the construction event notification (Unusual Clockwork activity in Kings Row). 

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Frankly, I'd just be happy with a slightly longer initial build time.  I've had multiple occasions in which I'm in KR already and by the time I get over to it and send a shout for help, the Paladin is nearly assembled.  It would be fine if it was one of my 50s holding out, but a lower level doesn't survive long and barely delays.  Since assembling a team and getting them to KR takes time, the chance for a badge is often passed.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 6:09 AM, Grouchybeast said:

The key point, though, is that another construction event can't happen until the Paladin spawned from that construction site is defeated.  So if there are already three Paladins in Kings Row, then the construction event will never be triggered.

This is the big issue.  The Construction Event will not occur until one of two things happens:

1)  Someone kills one or more of those Paladins.

2)  The server gets reset on Tuesday morning (or whenever).  The reset clears them out.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Frankly, I'd just be happy with a slightly longer initial build time.  I've had multiple occasions in which I'm in KR already and by the time I get over to it and send a shout for help, the Paladin is nearly assembled.  It would be fine if it was one of my 50s holding out, but a lower level doesn't survive long and barely delays.  Since assembling a team and getting them to KR takes time, the chance for a badge is often passed.

I think this is fair! While I do it with only 50s, I invite others when I can and I have seen sub 50 characters struggle. It is hard to get properly set up and explain event that fast