Best S/L Farmers

Texman

Looking for opinions on the best, fastest, most efficient s/l farming character that doesn't use fire armor.  Can anything keep pace with clear times not using burn?

I was thinking the following would be solid:

spines/bio - brute

rad/bio - brute

claws/bio - brute or scrapper?

claws/electric - brute or scrapper?

Leave your opinions and if possible, builds.  Thanks!

Thanks for the replies.  I've never tried dark armor so I'm wondering what makes it so good for s/l farming.  I know it gets a dmg aura, heal, and nice resists but wouldn't bio offer the same things but with more offense in offensive mode?

The answer will always be a /fire Brute as long as it can cap S/L Def/Res. I might still take it even if the numbers aren't 100% there. /dark only really offers a damage aura for added speed, so it would rank low for a set with a damage aura. /fire has that, EF and Burn, which is currently tweaked a bit too good. If not /fire, than /bio as the damage aura and Offensive Adaptation will win out versus anything else. Even /elec with it's +recharge would be better than /dark.

For primaries, Rad is the current answer for as long as ideal slotting for IG can be 6 slotting procs.

Saying that, having one of each at 50 and near completion:

Farming: Rad/fire > *

Non-Farming: Rad/bio > Rad/fire.

I don't have one, but a more than good enough to farm and just one of the best overall would be Rad/stone. It might be 3rd for farming just to give a number, but it is definitely in the 'world breaker' conversation.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

while rad/fire is probably the best farmer in game and can be built for all types of farms. With dark armor......I've always been a fan of dark it offered other things that made it fun......cloak of darkness, cloak of fear and oppressive gloom........it became more of a what can I do with this kinda thing. Came up with a concept and build for that concept and now rebuild again as the concept has slightly changed to not only do s/l but also fire farms

10 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

The answer will always be a /fire Brute as long as it can cap S/L Def/Res.

Sorry I should have clarified why I'm looking for a non /fire S/L build.  I know there are rumors of burn being nerfed or "fixed" and I guess also procs could be on the radar in the future so that would hurt rad melee for farming.  Now I'm not sure how these changes would affect the effectiveness of farming builds like rad/fire, they could very well still be the top.  I'm mainly looking for a farming build to fall back on that's not on the "chopping block".  Having something that can do regular content is always a plus too.

My rad/fire(s) don't rely on procs in IG precisely because procs have long been rumored for a balance pass.  Even without taking advantage of proc-fu, they're my most consistent farmers.  Second on that list is a Spines/Bio scrapper; with a couple D-syncs in Parasitic Aura and some heal/recharges the rest of the way, it survives/clears a 4/8 with relative ease.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

For me it's triple-boxing Masterminds!

But not everyone multiboxes, I know. In seriousness, there are a number of builds that could do S/L farms. But you may want to consider if you want to use that character for anything else besides farming. Because the "best" farmer may not be of use elsewhere when doing other things. As an example, I can use my Masterminds to power farm, but when on a team I can sink into a support/buffing/healer role, which gives wonderful versatility on the same character, without even having to change my build or change a single enhancement slot. For me I favor interactive gameplay with options in combat, it keeps things interesting. That's why I began farming with Masterminds in the first place, I found brute and tanker farming to be mind numbingly boring. It would make me sleepy and need a nap. (well that and I usually adore pet classes in games.)

Food for thought!