Please fix Breakout

Krajeek

I've always loved City of Heroes, and some of the missions are the best around. However, there's a dark spot in the game for a couple of reasons, and that is the Breakout tutorial.

> When you get the new agent Sakai Tamaki, he doesn't appear on the compass. This causes a lot of confusion for new players, as he's outside of the first room. I've seen many players confused and asking where to find him.

> Powers are erased from the power bar. When you log into the game or switch to the mini-mission, your powers typically disappear, and you need to reload them from the Powers menu to finish the mission. I'm not sure why this happens, but it shouldn't.

Please fix Breakout. It's great foreshadowing for the future mission from Operative Wellman, and a pretty fun arc in itself to get to 2nd level.

• Thumbs Up 2

The former has been an issue since City of Villains beta.  I agree that it should be fixed.

The latter is a bug that can hit all newly made characters, whether in Breakout, Atlas Park, or Outbreak.  If you make a new character, and log out without doing anything else, when you log back on  your power trays may be empty.  I have found that that doesn’t occur if you complete a mission.  It’s a bug that has been around for a while, but Page 3 exasperated it.

I don't recall ever having trouble finding Sakai. He does appear on the map, and I feel the progression is intuitive enough to go to the doors. While I agree it doesn't spoon feed you the information, it does teach you feel around and interact with the doors. As for the powers disappearing from the tray, I run Breakout with almost all of my new toons and this has never happened to me. It has happened to toons that I've created, skipped the tutorial and straight to Mercy, THEN being parked for a few days without doing anything. When I log back to the toon, it's powers are gone from the tray.

7 hours ago, Astralock said:

The former has been an issue since City of Villains beta.  I agree that it should be fixed.

The latter is a bug that can hit all newly made characters, whether in Breakout, Atlas Park, or Outbreak.  If you make a new character, and log out without doing anything else, when you log back on  your power trays may be empty.  I have found that that doesn’t occur if you complete a mission.  It’s a bug that has been around for a while, but Page 3 exasperated it.

My workaround for this is to immediately expand all of my powers trays to 3, and then adjust the initial powers on the bars before I log back out of the toon.

One issue I've had with breakout in particular was that my villain received no xp during or upon leaving and left the tutorial zone still at level 1 instead of 2 as is typical.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster