Uninterruptable emotes

Oklahoman

Maybe there's a way to do this already that I don't know about. But if I'm standing there /e drinking coffee, I don't want your little unnecessary buff to knock me out of that emote.

Maybe assume 0 as a default, and /e drink 1 makes it uninterruptable.

Edited by Oklahoman
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 11:30 AM, sbloyd said:

Maybe some interaction with Only Affect Self would work here?

Seemed like a good idea so I tried it last night. Unfortunately, it seemed others were still able to knock me out of an emote. I may try it again, just to make sure I didn't accidentally do something that knocked me out of the emote myself.

4 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Seemed like a good idea so I tried it last night. Unfortunately, it seemed others were still able to knock me out of an emote. I may try it again, just to make sure I didn't accidentally do something that knocked me out of the emote myself.

If nit, maybe the devs could introduce this as a solution.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

On 8/23/2022 at 1:24 PM, Oklahoman said:

Maybe there's a way to do this already that I don't know about. But if I'm standing there /e drinking coffee, I don't want your little unnecessary buff to knock me out of that emote.

Maybe assume 0 as a default, and /e drink 1 makes it uninterruptable.

Lots of folks at Point Du Hoc on Everlasting would LOVE this.

The issue is, AFAIK, the only way to make you immune to outside effects is via an untouchable flag, a la phase shift, which wouldn't really be feasible in this context.  Perhaps some method of having an emote resume/persist if interrupted, could be implemented - so you'd still react to the outside effect, but go back to what you were doing before...