Displaced muzzleflash

Gunrunner

The muzzleflash for any sort of autofire from a Bane - burst and heavy burst specifically - produces a second mzzleflash directly above your head.  It's very large and disconcerting.

Possibly unique to the Bane, as one can have both a sheathed mace and a rifle.  I have yet to test on a toon with just a rifle, waiting for the patch to DL.

Edit:  Yep, just the Bane.  Tested on a merc MM and an AR Sent.  Most likely linked to the sheathed weapon, as suspected.

Edited by Gunrunner
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I also encountered this bug and it appears to be specific to if I have a sheathed arachnos mace on my back.  I play a Bane Spider with two builds - the first build is entirely rifle powers and the second is entirely mace powers.  I was hoping to use a sheathed mace on all my costumes, however, when using the rifle with the sheathed mace, part of the gunfire effect from burst/heavy burst is displaced above and behind the character's head.

Removing the sheathed mace fixes the issue, but prevents using the cool feature on my mace build.  My workaround to date has been to have the bottom row of costumes with sheathed maces and the top row without, but this halves the amount of costumes I can create which is less desireable.

there are a number of 'displaced muzzleflash' bugs throughout various sets and the like, including buildswapping producing a muzzleflash bug on arachnos soldiers that causes the gunfire to be about 5 feet to the right of them (usually fixed on zoning), but this one appears to be very specific to the sheathed mace and persists.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Developer

Looks like the child FX for the Arachnos Soldier AR weapon FX were missed for the disjointed firing point fix.

Just fixed it, so expect that to go out next patch.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

7 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Looks like the child FX for the Arachnos Soldier AR weapon FX were missed for the disjointed firing point fix.

Just fixed it, so expect that to go out next patch.

Fixed by adding a helmet gun costume piece i hope.

1ttq69tx4h281.jpg.c30ddea4ec46896c9d460b62ab51ee9e.jpg

• Haha 1