DP Procs

drgantz

3 minutes ago, drgantz said:

I was told that by itself, DP is low dmg but with procs, it is good dmg.

What do I need to give DP good dmg?  Is it IOs?  Which IOs or whatever else, are good?

For a blaster, I think you may have to pick a few different attacks, but on my DP/NIN Sentinel, I have 4 Procs (Dual Wield having the +RCH Proc in it as one of the procs), +5 ACC/DAM Gladiator's Javelin (also use it's proc, so get the 2.5% Recovery bonus) and a +5 Basic Damage IO.

286 DPS (4min 2second pylon time) on the Sentinel.

I believe at 3 Damage Procs on DP/NIN Sentinel, that was a 230ish DPS.  So, a pretty decent jump in DPS.  I'd imagine it would help on a Blaster as well.

• Like 1

DP procs well.  So yeah I'd add in procs for sure, but don't under-slot acc & damage at the same time.   

At least two is a fair minimum of procs as a rule of thumb but you'll need to find balance between procs and desired/needed set bonuses.

Edited by FUBARczar
Bad Autocorrect
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, drgantz said:

I was told that by itself, DP is low dmg but with procs, it is good dmg.

What do I need to give DP good dmg?  Is it IOs?  Which IOs or whatever else, are good?

Ignore the descriptions on your powers. Seriously. Fuhgeddaboutit.

If you read the descriptions, it leads you to believe that ONLY when using standard rounds you have a chance to lower defense. Or if you only use Cryo rounds, then such and such has a chance to do something. Nope. REGARDLESS of which ammo type you have running, you have a chance to fire whatever proc you have slotted in that power. So, slot those Chance for Resistance Debuffs. Slot you Chance for Neg. Energy damage. They have a chance to fire regardless of the ammo type.

Now, me personally....I don't "proc bomb" my powers. I will stick 1, or 2, procs in a power. I'm one of those that chase set bonuses for whatever particular perk I want to chase...whether it be Defense, Recharge, Damage,Recovery, etc. 

• Like 1