Separate volume control for glowies

Gerswin

Not sure how much work this would be, but it would be nice if we could suppress all sounds except glowies, or ideally separately control glowie volume.  Some powers and missions have such loud ambient effects that glowies can never be heard.  There are some missions (like the next to last chapter 6 DA mission) where invisible glowies can spawn in areas with loud  ambient effects.  Finding these glowies, even when Ihave a really good idea of where they are, can be a real chore.

In addition, some of the glowies in the first mission of the new Cim arc can be very hard to see and hear depending on graphics settings. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

This was something that was requested during live, and I believe the answer was, it is impossible to give a user control of separate entity volume like that.  However, they did on the backend (back on live) increase volume of the glowies themselves compared to other ambient noises.   

Glowies are already loud enough and sometimes too loud that I want to turn them down.  I can hear them from other rooms and it makes me search the wrong room often.  

As for graphics issues, if your glowie is invisible, most likely it spawned under the map - there are a couple of maps that this still happens on - best to send a petition while you're on that map and have a GM come in fix it for ya.  And yes, clicking a patch of dirt in the Cimeroran Catacomb that is under some non-glowing skulls can be difficult to see... but it is a nice affect and placed where it should be story-wise.  Now that you know where it is, you shouldn't have any issues finding them in the future.  

I'd like the glowies - at least the first one - in Dilemma Diabolique to send a message to all the players that says something like "Remember back in Outbreak when you had to click glowies? It's the same thing here. That's literally why I am glowing. You don't have to wait on the league leader to do it for you. Go for it!"

I'm flexible as to the wording.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If separate volume controls aren't an option, then what I'd like to see is a different 2-fold approach:

1. If a glowie appears in your field of vision, mark it on the minimap.

2. Add a sort of "visible sound" effect - greatly expand the glowing effect to have it do a slow flashing or add some sort of "sound lines" graphic, which expand and contract to & from the object... 

• Like 2