APP Proliferation day 2: Ice ​🧊

Vanden

I say, if an AT can pick an Ice set for their primary or secondary, they should be able to pick one for their APP, too.

Click this link to see my chart of APPs, which includes all the existing pools, the pools proposed in this thread and all my other APP threads, along with links to every thread, proposed pool names, and power icons.

Corruptor/Defender

• Chilblain
  • Ice Patch
  • Frozen Armor
  • Ice Sword
  • Freezing Touch

Scrapper/Stalker

• Chilblain
  • Flash Freeze
  • Ice Bolt
  • Shiver
  • Bitter Freeze Ray

The powers:

• Bitter Freeze Ray: From Ice Blast. A slow, single-target, ranged Hold that also does high Cold damage.
  • Chilblain: From Ice Control. A ranged, single-target immobilize that slows and does minor Cold damage over time.
  • Freezing Touch: From Ice Melee. A melee-ranged, single-target hold that also slows and does high Cold damage over time.
  • Frozen Armor: From Ice Armor. Your standard Smashing/Lethal defense armor, with some minor resistance to Fire damage and high resistance to Cold damage.
  • Ice Bolt: From Ice Blast. A single-target ranged attack that does moderate Smashing and Cold damage.
  • Ice Patch: From Ice Melee. A patch dropped directly at the character's feet that slows the movement speed and has a high chance to knock down any enemy that walks over it.
  • Ice Sword: From Ice Melee. A single-target melee attack that slows enemies and does moderate Lethal and Cold Damage.
  • Flash Freeze: From Ice Control. A ranged, AoE Sleep that also does minor Cold damage.
  • Shiver: From Ice Control. A wide, long-range cone that slows enemies.
Edited by Vanden
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

Definitely agree.  Frozen Armor for Corruptors and Defenders would be a nice alternative to Scorpion Shield.  I know energy defense is miles ahead of cold resistance in terms of utility, but still.  And if I'm being selfish it also helps round out "elemental" themes better, which I am personally a massive sucker for lol

32 minutes ago, electric_emu said:

Definitely agree.  Frozen Armor for Corruptors and Defenders would be a nice alternative to Scorpion Shield.  I know energy defense is miles ahead of cold resistance in terms of utility, but still.  And if I'm being selfish it also helps round out "elemental" themes better, which I am personally a massive sucker for lol

And people could always still take Scorpion Shield if they prefer that Energy Defense over Cold Resist.

I was going to take Leviathan Mastery for my Ice/Cold Corruptor, until I needed the Scorpion Shield for more defense.  I'd switch it to Ice Shield if I had Cold APP option.

I would do the scrapper/stalker set a little differently:

• Chilblain
  • Block of Ice
  • Ice Bolt
  • Snow Storm (Shiver was renamed Cold Snap in Page 4 and got fear added)
  • Ice Storm (all the scrapper/stalker APPs have a ranged AoE attack)

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• Vanden changed the title to APP Proliferation day 2: Ice ​🧊