More Colors! :D

Drevnavi

Expanding the various color palettes is a pretty regular request - one of the things that's pretty much universally wanted (no matter what subset of player someone is or what type of content they prefer, they can always make use of more costume options!).

Expanding the existing palettes or making one all-encompassing palette and applying it in-place of all the existing different ones would open up so many creative opportunities.

• Like 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:57 AM, El D said:

or making one all-encompassing palette and applying it in-place of all the existing different ones would open up so many creative opportunities.

I hate hate hate that we have separate palettes for some powers... like ice powers getting that faded color palette?  Why can't we have brilliant red colored ice?  Why can't we have pitch black colored ice?  The original devs had put some real limits on player creativity with their color palette ideas.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

I hate hate hate that we have separate palettes for some powers... like ice powers getting that faded color palette?  Why can't we have brilliant red colored ice?  Why can't we have pitch black colored ice?  The original devs had put some real limits on player creativity with their color palette ideas.

Yeeeeeeah. I understand it from a 'theme' perspective, but given that the whole point of power customization was that the player could more accurately reflect their own theme for the set...

Granted, that was a long-standing issue for the character creator back on Live anyway - the Devs having certain distinctions and theme decisions made for costumes/power sets that they saddled the players with (like gender-specific costume sets). Really glad that HC doesn't subscribe to that nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Blood Speaker said:

I would certainly love to see a single, unified color palette for all character elements (skin, costume, powers).

IIRC, one reason the skin palette is restricted is lots of very mature adults liked to create nekkid women toons that way.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

IIRC, one reason the skin palette is restricted is lots of very mature adults liked to create nekkid women toons that way.

Yeah - it's the same reasoning as to why the game never offered Female pets for MMs. The Live devs didn't want to allow for that can of worms at all (or have it possibly push the rating of the game from T to M). Which is understandable for a commercial enterprise... but also players can still make nekkid characters using any non-skintone color as is. <.< Nekkid is apparently a-okay so long as the character is obviously not human.

... I didn't realize CoH's costume creator followed the same rules as Disney.

• Haha 1